It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the best anti-aging/skin therapy treatment ive tried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
and its ridiculously simple.

i used to shell out hundreds of dollars for fancy skin cremes with parabens etc in them; and one that i tried (with resveratol from grapes) actually did tighten my skin a bit but still had bad stuff in it.

since then ive disccovered the most amazing skin treatment that fixes my pores and makes me not get any acne and my skin feels tighter, moisturized and firmer. guess what it is?

simple. Bite the top off a strawberry and rub the rest over your face and skin. thats it. it really works too.

i got on to the idea cuz i heard about this noblewoman in france (probably before the revolution i suspect) who used to take a bath everyday in a bathtub full of crushed strawberries; and apparantly she had amazing skin even as she got older.

but you dont really need that many strawberries; you only need one.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you want a little more of an exfoliation, try mashing the strawberries with some sugar and then gently scrubbing your face with it.

Me and my daughter love home made facials that we can make in the blender using natural ingredients.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

thanks but im a bit anti eating sugar so im not sure i want my skin to absorb it either; but an interesting idea. i might try apricot kernels crushed as exfoliant.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Try double cream with your strawberry, bit stinky after 5-10 mins, but great results for exfoliation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Try double cream with your strawberry, bit stinky after 5-10 mins, but great results for exfoliation.

sorry guys
im against eating dairy too. (actually i believe dairy (and red meat) is linked to cancer recurrence and growth and since ive had cancer, no dairy for me. an interesting book about dairy is called 'dont drink your milk' by a pediatrician from a well known university whose name i can never remember. its available from amazon.com. anothe rbokk on the subject for anyone interested is 'the china study' by dr campbell; also from amazon. reason for the link with cancer recurrence is that cancer recurrence is caused by inflammation in the body; and red mead and dairy CAUSE inflammation in the body according to mainstream science. ) if anyone's interest i can give you the name of the scieintist and the paper etc. its pretty big news, but for some reason it hasnt made it onto tv. i wonder why.)

anyway, if i put double cream with it, i would just want to eat it

..actually its bad enough with the strawberry. last time i went to do it, i just ate the strawberry instead. it was a tasty one.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes, don't have to eat the double cream just smear it on your face!

Olive oil (Extra virgin) would be an alternative. With manuka honey.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
If you want a little more of an exfoliation, try mashing the strawberries with some sugar and then gently scrubbing your face with it.

Me and my daughter love home made facials that we can make in the blender using natural ingredients.

Sugar can cause a few different issues that make it more of a fad than a practical ingredient for exfoliating products. People would be much better off with finely ground magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) as it compliments oatmeal really well.

There are some really good organic oatmeals that can be more less powdered in a food processor. This can be mixed with quite a few different plants, fruits, and vegetables for fantastic face and body scrubs. There are a few specific teas and tea blends that can also be finely ground in a food processor as a great way to clear up blackheads.

Thanks for posting this, OP; I hadn't ever tried strawberries but I bet it's great for this. Oatmeal/Magnesium/Strawberry/Papaya-Mint Tea is what I'll try next.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by maus80]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
sorry OP,

MAYBE your strawberry thing works,

but the best anti-aging skin treatment is as follows.

ready?

stop doing drugs
stop drinking alcohol
stop smoking cigarettes
stop tanning at salons and at the beach.

willing to put this treatment against any other.

[edit on 10/11/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Cool I'm going to try this OP. I'm only 22 so will I be able to tell any difference?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A little honey is also a good thing to mix it with. It is the salicylic acid in the strawberry along with the vitamin C that make it good for your skin. Aspirin crushed in a little water or oil and rubbed on your face makes a great mask too.

Jojoba oil is also amazing, its nearly identical to your skins natural sebum and will leave you soft and glowing but not oily or broken out.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

stop doing drugs
stop drinking alcohol
stop smoking
stop going to tanning salons

This is not a treatment. This is a boring life.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truekn
Cool I'm going to try this OP. I'm only 22 so will I be able to tell any difference?

your skin should feel really refreshed and nice afterwards. with me it unblocks my pores and i dont get a build up of gunk in them leading to pimples. ive noticed my skin is much better and i hardly get pimples anymore when i use the strawberry. (and ive tried everything to fix my pores and nothing has worked before. ) i leave the strawberry 'sap' on my face all day cuz its clear and you cant see it (i dont wash it off)- i just remove the bits of red flesh if any stick to my face.

(if you get a strawberry with really red juice and you can see it, you might have to wash it off; but it may not work as well if its washed off quickly. i think its better the longer you can leave it on for; or you could do it at night before bed maybe).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
sorry OP,

ready?

stop doing drugs
stop drinking alcohol
stop smoking cigarettes

^ truth

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Salt scrubs work really well for an over all body treatment. You must use sea salt, however. Plain table salt won't work. The exfoliation of the salt makes your skin feel really smooth afterward.

I_R

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
sorry OP,

ready?

stop doing drugs
stop drinking alcohol
stop smoking cigarettes

yep, all those are important (altho wat about drugs that are natural plants? anyway better not go there..), alcohol is certainly not good for you), as is correct diet (see my thread about diet curing cancer, heart disease obesity diabetes etc)

but you can also use plants like strawberries to help your skin as well as to keep your insides healthy.

my point is, why use cosmetic products with parabens, sulfates, mercury and other nasty and dangerous chemicals (even body shop and crabtree evelyn has parabens), when you can use natural plants and get a better result?
Akin cosmetics are a good natural brand tho.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Other possible solutions:

1. Plastic Surgery

2. Bathing in the blood of virgin

3. Head transplant

4. An appreciation for aging

top topics

join