It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC asks the question we're all thinking - 'What happened to global warming?'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Many other planets are heating up in the solar system too.

I think the whole global warming theory is just that and it has been a presumption that has been subverted as a way to make more money through carbon taxes and I believe that the polar ice caps are melting because the sun is melting them just as the sun is heating up mars all the way out to Pluto.

Fluctuations in solar activity could be the reason why the earth is undergoing climate change and I do not subscribe to the theory that it is human kind that is wholly to blame for it.

Sure we are probably contributing but I sincerely doubt that we are the major cause and I also think the PTB are aware of this. Either they jumped on the early theories that pointed to it being humankinds fault and now cannot back down because they will look foolish or perhaps they can see money making angles here through the implementation of carbon taxes?

I am not stupid, I have no doubt that greenhouse gasses are playing a part but I think they are nowhere near as being the primary cause as we are led to believe.

I put global warming down to cyclical solar fluctuations and the government are just using it to gain more taxes.

Governments pushing carbon tax policies should be taken out back and spanked (with a howitzer).

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by network dude

And what is driving that cycle? Everyone is quick to say it is natural, yet no one can tell me what that natural cycle is.

The going theory is that is has to do with Sun Cycles, but since we can't even agree on why it's here, don't look for that in any books just yet.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hmm, two threads about this. From the other one:

What happened to global warming? It's on its way, as soon as our CO2 levels cross over into the red the scale will suddenly be tipped and the polar caps will melt.

We have not seen significant increases in temperature because we have not yet reached the critical level of atmospheric CO2, which is about 450 parts per million. Were are just under 400 ppm.

A brand new core sample extending 20 million years has recently been pulled from the ocean floors showing us that at CO2 levels of 400-450 there were no polar ice-caps and sea levels were 30-40 meters higher.

What all of our international climate debates have garnered us is a tentatively accepted CO2 level of 450 ppm. This after an initial fluctuation to over 500 which should settle at 450.

Scary stuff.

What's happened to Global Warming? It's teetering on the edge, that's what.

All of this frightening stuff here, courtesy of the BBC.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Double fail for the BBC then. They have been the government mouthpiece first for global warming, then for climate change since this whole scam started.

Then like a bolt of lightening, 2 admissions in one article. First that everything they have been telling us for the last 11 years about rising temperatures etcetera has all been a lie as there has been no rise in those 11 years. Second that carbon dioxide has no causal effect on global mean temperature. Basically everything a lot of us have said ever since we vomited during An Inconvenient Truth.

Though there was the typical BBC WTF moment when the author suggests there is no evidence that the earth has natural cycles of warming and cooling. "The Skeptics Argument".

Ice Age Denial, it ain't cool. (no pun intended)

[edit on 12-10-2009 by quackers]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I don't know man...there are recent reports of typhoons practically submerging 1/6 of a sizeable country in southeast asia

top topics

<< 1   >>

join