It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand spankin' new idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well it seems like a good idea to me

Although the mods do a bang up job, I think the idea of a security team thing would be good; there have been alot of posts that have turned into petty arguements and an increasing number of trolls...and moderators have better things to with their time then sort out er, pettiness.

Just my two pennies.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A toothless mob of ATS vigilantes crying "intellectual terrorist" at every post they disagree with.

It would be folly of epic proportions if it were to be implemented, pipe down and quit backseat moderating.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It would do no good to start a �security force�, they would have no power to stop the disruptive behavior beyond saying �hey you stop it or I�m going to tell�.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hmm....i knew some members would be against this
if you haven't got anything mature to say, don't post. Simple.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
hmm....i knew some members would be against this
if you haven't got anything mature to say, don't post. Simple.

The comments ARE mature.

You're proving my point exactly by acting like this, people who disagree with the views of others will engage in the "immature behaviour" and ganging up on people.

1. Its toothless, you do nothing but talk.
2. Its tantamount to bullying.
3. Who gave you the right to slap another?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Let's leave the troll trouncing to the professionals. Some of the recent trolls carry very large offensive words and lack compunction of any type. Going up against such a troll could be dangerous for the untrained, and certainly is not recommended. And worse, you may find yourselves up against the Dramaspammeritus Boss Troll for which only supermods with the appropriate hit points and majik points should ever attempt confrontation. Otherwise, all your points and background colors may be sucked dry by this elite board troublemaker. Let's leave neighborhood watch to the suburbs.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Is this a good idea or another one of my drunken ideas that isn't going to happen

It's a completely retarded idea. It's the job of the mods and admin to police the board and keep the peace.

The last thing this place needs is more cops running around the place. ATS is fine the way it is. No more moderating required.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

how about some sort of board security team?

Gee, I thought they were called the Staff and consisted of
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thats pretty much the job of Moderators at the moment, members are always welcome to use the 'suggestions' forum (formerly the 'complaint' form) to help out if anything is spotted. Or simply u2u a staff member, it is always appreciated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join