It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-year old with same IQ as Einstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A two-year old, newly-inducted member into Mensa, is purported to have the same IQ as Einstein...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

...and, now with this news, we will have to do away with the pejorative "any two-year old can understand this!" and reduce it to "any one-year old understand this!"

Do I hear "any 6-month-old can understand this!" coming?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All children are bright. Their minds are uncluttered with day to day living.

And children develope at different rates. If you compare them to other children of their age group, they surge and lag.

so what are they gonna say when the child is only average or slightly above at 3.5?

I feel sorry for this child. They are gonna have a hard life. Just from the article you can see the paretns are gushing over it. This is all this child is gonna know. And most likely they will end up as a cashier at dunkin donuts because their life will be focused on being the smartest, and will not have any social skills whatsoever. I have seen it a dozen times. They stop being a child and start being trained to be an academist.

and when they are constantly told they are better then others, they have a hard time hanging out with the commoners.

It doesn't matter how smart a person is, if they can't have a conversation with team mates and go storming out of the room.

I went to school with a prodigy. Math and music. But his parents were able to grow his gifts and keep him humble.

I was in orchestra with him. I never played well and got frustrated and commented on how good he was. He was doing Beethoven when we were doing twinkle twinkle.

He said: No matter how good I am, there is someone out there who is better. And someone out there is better then them. You can't be upset because someone is better then you.

I thought that was profound for a 7th grader.

He was always kind, and of course ended up doing marvelous things.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the above.
If the kid is a high IQ genius now, he will still be one by the time he reaches 20.
Let him be a kid for cryin out loud! It's the most wonderful time in our life and they are about to take that away from him...
Good for him to be bright... but I also feel a bit sorry for him.

But really.....

"The other day he said to me, 'Mummy, sausages are like a party in my mouth'."

???

[edit on 11/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Very good post, nixie_nox. I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Actually he was not that bright. It was just hard work.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I tend to agree with the above.
If the kid is a high IQ genius now, he will still be one by the time he reaches 20.
Let him be a kid for cryin out loud! It's the most wonderful time in our life and they are about to take that away from him...
Good for him to be bright... but I also feel a bit sorry for him.

But really.....

"The other day he said to me, 'Mummy, sausages are like a party in my mouth'."

???

I had to think about that line too. Many two year olds don't speak in full, long sentences, much less descriptive ones. It is like: I want cookie. So they were implying that the language is advanced.

But 2 year olds are not routinely tested. So the parents are looking for accolades.

[edit on 11/10/2009 by GypsK]

[edit on 11-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It seems odd that many people think that Einstein was a genius.

He wasn't.

He just had a lot of imagination.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I hate IQ tests with a passion. I wrote my senior thesis on the various IQ scales and to me it all boils down to pattern recognition. As mentioned above you could take two kids with an IQ of 190 and 110 respectively and each could end up doing dan near anything. We put way too much stock on labels. I had mine tested when I was young and it's such a crock IMO. No I didn't score low and become jealous...I think my score doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else

Nothing at all against you OP I just hate these tests so much...also I think it is very emotionally dangerous to tell a kid what they scored...

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A high IQ is often a curse...you spend too much time "thinking" and less time "doing".

It's the "doers" that get ahead in life...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Imagine if every kid in the world was like this?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

That's a bit young to start measuring iq's. The kid is probably no smarter than a 3.5 to 4 year old. It doesn't mean that it's a genius, or will be a genius. The parents should be taken out back and beaten for even doing the test.

new topics

top topics

join