It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenbrier Bunker Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My wife and I just got back from our VA/WV road trip honeymoon, of which the bunker was a point of interest I had to explore. Couldn't afford to stay there but the bunker tour gets you inside for a gander. The tour cost $30/ea. and I'd say its worth it. The guide makes no secret of the fact that it's been extensively overhauled since the days it did nothing more than it does now. It's currently leased by a company that secures data for fortune 500 companies. The bunker isn't under the main portion of the hotel, but under a side portion of it which was built on a mound. It was not shelter from an atomic blast, just a fallout shelter, hence it's below groundlevel depth of 50-60 ft., a far cry from the hundreds of feet I've read. After a brief film on it's history the guide asked if we had any questions. Ofcourse I had the only one and asked if she was aware of replacement underground facilities for continuity of government since the bunker's cover was blown not by voluntary admission. She gave a vague answer explaining that there "probably are" so I asked another question..."does mt. weather ring a bell?" which raised an eyebrow or two. She acknowledged that and also Ravenrock, PA. Very neat place all in all. I could definately tell why every prez since Wilson has stayed there. Heck, I parked down by the golf lodge and the space beside mine had a permanent sign stating "reserved for Tom Watson".

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rygi23

your thread spiked my interest. i did not know about mt weather until your link and found this interesting:

The Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center is a civilian command facility used as the center of operations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Also known as the "High Point Special Facility" (HPSF), its preferred designation since 1991 is "SF".[1] The facility is a major relocation site for the highest level of civilian and military officials in case of national disaster, playing a major role in U.S. continuity of government (per the Continuity of Operations Plan).[2] Mount Weather is the location of a control station for the FEMA National Radio System (FNARS), a high frequency radio system connecting most federal public safety agencies and U.S. military with most of the states.[3] FNARS allows the president to access the Emergency Alert System.[4] The site was brought into the public eye by The Washington Post, when the government facility was mentioned while reporting on the December 1, 1974 crash into Mount Weather of TWA Flight 514, a Boeing 727 jetliner.
en.wikipedia.org...

what i find interesting the the "continuity of government" which, imho, are those elected officials (tptb) are the only ones who will survive excepting those that go along and/or selected a/k/a sheeple.

and the only form of communication would be "ham" radio, right? since according to an executive order here: (somewhere) www.archives.gov... takes over all communications.

i really appreciate your questioning?

i do not research but a few issues and you have taken me into another realm.

s/f

[edit on 10-10-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Neat stuff man.

Are there any good documentaries on Raven Rock? I have been unable to find nothing about it. I have seen everything there is out there publically about A51, NORAD and I hate to say it, Dulce, but next to nothing on Site R.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by rygi23

your thread spiked my interest. i did not know about mt weather until your link and found this interesting:

The Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center is a civilian command facility used as the center of operations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Also known as the "High Point Special Facility" (HPSF), its preferred designation since 1991 is "SF".[1] The facility is a major relocation site for the highest level of civilian and military officials in case of national disaster, playing a major role in U.S. continuity of government (per the Continuity of Operations Plan).[2] Mount Weather is the location of a control station for the FEMA National Radio System (FNARS), a high frequency radio system connecting most federal public safety agencies and U.S. military with most of the states.[3] FNARS allows the president to access the Emergency Alert System.[4] The site was brought into the public eye by The Washington Post, when the government facility was mentioned while reporting on the December 1, 1974 crash into Mount Weather of TWA Flight 514, a Boeing 727 jetliner.
en.wikipedia.org...

what i find interesting the the "continuity of government" which, imho, are those elected officials (tptb) are the only ones who will survive excepting those that go along and/or selected a/k/a sheeple.

and the only form of communication would be "ham" radio, right? since according to an executive order here: (somewhere) www.archives.gov... takes over all communications.

i really appreciate your questioning?

i do not research but a few issues and you have taken me into another realm.

s/f

[edit on 10-10-2009 by musselwhite]
Glad I could open ya up to something new. Mt. Weather is fairly well known by now, just not the majority of it which is underground. There are tunnels with monorail systems that extend to it from the pentagon, white house, and have been told the capital building. I know that sounds crazy. This can't be 100% proven ofcourse but I'm very trusting of my source who once had very high military clearance. People in the nearest small community closest to it have also risked saying that they have heard of the 45 mi. long tunnels, but that security and secrecy is as tight as it gets. Park your car by the fence on the outskirts for more than a minute or just drive in an inquisitive fashion for a fews minutes around it and you'll find that out. There are rumors that FEMA is playing less of a role in the facility, if any at all. We'll find for sure with time, like everything else. It's another facility that they figured Google Earth would actually serve to dispel rumors about, thinking that we wouldn't presume there's more to see if they were willing to let the above ground portion be shown.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123
Neat stuff man.

Are there any good documentaries on Raven Rock? I have been unable to find nothing about it. I have seen everything there is out there publically about A51, NORAD and I hate to say it, Dulce, but next to nothing on Site R.
Doubt there's much stuff on Raven Rock, take a look around and I'm sure there's a little. I've read that Eisenhower chose the site because of the rock hardness that would protect the prez and congress in the event of a nuclear attack. So Greenbrier was for fallout and Raven Rock was for an actual blast. Found it on GE but not much to see as usual.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by rygi23]

new topics

top topics

join