It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Independence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just how many steps are we going to let the government take over the line before we act?

We have already been led into a war on false pretenses. They used our money to pay for it.

The Patriot Act.

The government let 1000's of businesses fail and bailed out a handful of major banks and businesses, with our money, who caused the mess in the first place. While the little guy lost most of his savings and got little help.

It seems like all they have done is lie, steal, disclose information, and slowly strip away rights one by one.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
all the people out there that i have seen on ATS and are "only one man" when combined turn out to be one helluva asset/resource.

the nastiest specwar assets in the world are 10 men or less lol it is not so much about initial numbers, but more about end result.

unfortunately for us, ATS refuses to be used as a pedastal to recruit others for action, (trust me i have been flamed by moderators for trying) so i go else where for that. as of now, i just keep on here because it gives me hope to see 10-20 good people on here a day just mad as all get out.

its that right there that will make a change

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government;"

If it is our "right to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government" then the government has no right to stop any of us from trying.

IF they don't let us, thats when we know we have a problem.

The only way to find out is to try, if they restrict anyone in anyway, that in itself gives the people legal right to alter or abolish our government. And that is when the masses will "wake up" and join the revolution.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The reason we haven't abolished the government is simple. Not enough people are convinced they'd do better under something different.

For all the faults and problems with the US government, it's still better than most places in the world. There is *plenty* of room for improvement, but overall you can live in peace and have some sort of life. In many places people are routinely murdered, either by criminal elements that the governments can't control, or by the governments themselves. In many other places you can routinely be stopped, beaten, have your property taken, without any justification.

Yes, this all happens in the US as well; but not as much as in many other countries. *Any* violations of rights are intolerable, but there is less of it here than elsewhere.

Most people, most of the time, don't endure enough injury to make them want to make major changes. Despite everything, most of the people, most of the time, find their situation tolerable, if not great. Few people are desperate enough to want to make massive, unpredictable changes.

It could happen, of course. I've seen the US becoming more of a police state, more of a dictatorship, than it ever was before. I've seen the rich grow fatter while more people are driven into poverty and even homelessness. At some point, there will be enough people who feel they have nothing to lose, and that might spark a revolution, or at least protests demanding significant changes.

But it will never happen as long as people value comfort over principles, or agree to accept increasing indignities and abuses. The government is doing things now that would have started riots, 50 years ago. It will keep taking away rights, until we tell it to stop. I hope we do this before it is too late. Otherwise, it's oppression for a long time, then bloody revolution. That always sucks, even if the rebels win.

In many places people are routinely murdered, either by criminal elements that the governments can't control, or by the governments themselves. In many other places you can routinely be stopped, beaten, have your property taken, without any justification.

wherelse have you witnessed this please.

and isnt america home to over 60% of the worlds meanest streets .. streets that mean a death sentence for anyone who accidently strays from the safish areas..??

or by the governments themselves.

911 ring any bells.

or this .. www.youtube.com...

or this.
www.whale.to...

its the american way .. god bless america.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Although we can't gather people here on this website, why don't we gather people we know that will give us a helping hand to our next step in creating a better place?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by emosun16]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by emosun16

The problem lies in the fact that even if you could replace government with a new government, you would still have to contend with the possibility that the new government could and probably would become a corrupt body. The corruption may be slow and more cautious with a concern to what happened to the last one not lost on anyone, but I believe the corruption would be inevitable as memories of the past fade new greed’s will always arise because it only takes one rotten apple to ruin the whole barrel.

There seems to be a fatal flaw within the human mind, within our psyche that demands feeding. The switch for self service and unsavoury hungers dripping with entirely acquisitive prizes was left on for so long it has become seemingly jammed. Even in the mainstream media this attitude for making money and admiring heartless captains of business who prior to the “credit crunch” tended to be seen spread-eagled across glossy magazines, posing like the shallow people they are/were within the ostentatious comforts of their over the top “cribs”.

They were pressed into our faces so that we may become desensitised to the new messiah that is money and materialism, educated by media to take this attitude of success to a whole new level of debauchery.
You cannot jump into their sewer with the people who were the architects of this dark dream and contemplate revolution in the way of firearms and murder not just because it is against ATS t&c but because in the end you will drown in that sewer as it does not take a religious man to see that violence begets violence.

In the past it may have been appropriate to “hang em high” but in the modern age that will just not do because super technology has given those with the power many ways to keep ahead of the game and thus they are a wily, super slippery hydra in this information age.
You cannot fight that without a terrible cost in attrition and you risk much by lowering to their level and you will lose because not only are you scrabbling to keep up, you are pretty much in the dark, you do not know who their agents are and what levels of force and coercion they really will stoop to.

You can make a million assumptions and guesses but without real intelligence to work from and gain a real insight into just how far the cancer has spread you will always be playing catch-up.
The men and woman behind the workings of the PTB do not work that way and the advantage is theirs and you would be well advised to assume that they are a very well oiled machine that crosses all geopolitical boundaries to some extent. Assume this not because they are cynical snakes (even though they are) but because while you and I went to college worked hard to provide a home for our new families, struggled to buy that first car/house and a million other things and so on, the PTB had never stopped playing the game, honing their skills and educating us all via TV, radio and highly controlled, highly biased news brokers.

They know who you are, they know what you are saying, they know where you live and they probably have you flagged with a threat level. The moment you thus fall into the trap of violence you have already lost the struggle and therefore I advise that you find a better way to win a war against the PTB if in fact you really want to go to war with them. The odds of a conventional war in the conventional meaning of the word simply tells me that you will fail and not only that but your will probably suffer greatly along with your families and many friends who ascribed to your methods and political mindset.

The way to fight the PTB in my opinion is to prepare to be able to escape to a safe place at short notice. Fight them by educating yourself to their nature; spread the truth about their media and educational systems, about the real reasons for their mindset for eternal war, black hearted diplomatic policies, and their now open intentions to milk us via carbon taxes.

Fight them by maintaining contempt for them and their so called global war on terror that eventually kicks up such a stink that eventually something breaks and the truth has no choice but to step into the light. The PTB is a powerful entity but they are scared of one thing and the fear of it keeps them on their toes. They are scared of a large body of people educating themselves to their intentions and they are scared that a large body of people will one day stumble upon the real truth and meaning behind the PTB.

The internet may be filled with disinformation agents but it is filled with those very same agents because the PTB recognise that the internet is not their friend, it is ours. It is the real battleground and the true battle for hearts and minds is being waged here every single minute of every single day.

Violence is not the key it is a symptom and just hands them the power to visit you and take you out of the fight.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
star for that post jaguar ..

a parabal.

2 roman senators were having a debate one day with a third listening in.

1 senator says we should make all the slaves wear a coloured hat so they are more distinguishable amongst the crowded market.

i agree says the other.

then the observer spoke up gentlemen you cannot possibly do that as then the slaves would re-alise just how many they are and how few we are, then they would rebel and we would be left with nothing.

and rome lasted for a thousand years.

you see thats democracy at work .. and they still let us wear what we want.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A video I made that comments on the declaration of independence and the military's obligation to uphold and defend the constitution against domestic enemies.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
good point the goverment does not do any thing for us they just raise taxes for everyone and everything plus it costs more just for a house and men from the military get everything they need for free from the goverment its dumb because they get everything they need exept food

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by emosun16
That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government;

If this is true, then why haven't we destroyed our Government by now? Instead of doing what's right, and demolishing it, we've decided to follow them; willingly or not. The Government has lied to us, and kept us in the dark for far to long. Don't we have the right to give the best to our children? But how can we when we barly haveenough to pay the bills, let alone enough for a decent education? The Government has created war to blame on our problems not just as individuals, but also as a community. They've taken away our rights!! We've been promised a better world by our new president, and we've gotten nothing, just higher gas prices, and grocery bills.

It's sad to see our world go down the drain like this. As individuals we have no power, but as a whole we have enough power to make things right, so what's stoping us?

The Constitution is not a promise of perfection. It is merely a promise at an attempt to reach that point in a human sense. No form of government can be without fault, just as no form of existence without government, will ever be any better.

There is always a trade-off; an eternal inequality that strikes the same deal as the imbalance between civilization and chaos. The problem that we face today is not that the notion of a nation by, for and of the people is in someway wrong, but that we have allowed that government to evolve to be one by, for and of itself.

It was, perhaps, inevitable because human nature does indeed trump all things human. Greed, one of the seven deadly sins, is rife in government today. So is sloth and envy.

Personally... if it were my call alone to make, I would abolish all political parties and have our representation approach We the People on a one-to-one basis. This would immediately remove big party money tills that can be dipped for all the wrong purposes. I would also outlaw the buying and selling of legislation by eliminating the PAC.

Of course, this all works if... IF We the People all decide that we have finally had enough.... we could then vote out every incumbent in both houses of Congress and install a new, freshman class of representation that would clearly understand the thing about who owns this country.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emosun16

my ideas::::

Perception is Reality; Make Your Own. Learn this, and learn it well. Nothing can be taken from any of us in this life, save Your own mind. Remember that, and learn to Resist.

Skip to 9:30 in the video. The advice is the same as I've always recommended.

We are at war, and in war. We are the enemy, and when People learn this, and realize who the boss really is, and that is them, then things will change.

Again take the advice
S&F

[edit on 12-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am with you my friend We as people need to unite otherwise we will lose all freedoms

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If you read a little further down into the Declaration it answers your question for you.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join