It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC got noisyer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
my cdrom wasnt working before,my windows failed to load most of the times,i got my pc to service.(when i remove cables from cd,my computer runs FINE)
they fixed it,they sayd "a faulty hard disk sata cable" was..making my cdrom this way.
they puted new sata cables for my harddisk and cdrom
but the new ones are longer,its running great now but im ANNOYED.
i hear a strange noise most of the times i start a program or make activity.
like my FANS start to go faster..like a high pitched noise a spinning disk would make,but there is not even a disk in the cd.
what is the culprit? all the cables got a litte loose,and the new ones are just next to the pcu fan. i tryed looking in open case while working.the noise seems to come from cpu fan. so its just working more couse its warmer from the cables taking place?
its so strange.. what should i do? wrap my new cables in alluminium shielding and wrap them together to clear space?
my fans are like running really FAST,then gets quiet..then AGAIN FAST and noisy...then guiet...its annoying,im concerned and scared what should i do?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Try taking the side off and switching it on.
You maybe able to see whats going on?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
yeppers fixed XD i tied the cables to not get in the way,cleaned for dust,and in the end the fix was to go into bios and to make him auto detect the fan speeds

new topics

join