It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do thoughts come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

there are yellow apples aren't there? I forgot about that, but your mind didn't! there's another thing to throw into the mix: why not yellow (or yellowish-green) for us that thought of red and green?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
good thread ... the problem is that, when we think about something, we get the information from our brain connections, kind of a my_world database

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

Yes i believe granny smiths are completely yellow, correct me if im wrong but there are yellow apples.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thoughts are created by nature acting on the feeling and/or desire aspect of the individual. The body being of nature responds to the stimulii provided by nature in the form of forces or other influences, the most obvious ones being the body's need for food and shelter, the desire for sex and possessions, power and influence etc.

There are two types of thinking. Active thinking which creates thoughts, such as desiring possessions or other outcomes we beleive will be beneficial to us.

Once a thought has been created, it remains in existance (even for many lifetimes) until it is balanced by being exteriorised into physical reality as an act, object or event in our lives and thus becomes part of our personal destiny, as do all of our thoughts.

Passive thinking is about subjective matters such as the reality of God, or the purpose of life, or wondering where thoughts come from. Passive thinking does not create thoughts.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'll try to answer the OP on his question.
From my experience and objective point of view, thoughts originate from the higher mental plane (which is part of you but on the cosmic level) as a form of light reflex, but before it reaches the mind, it's colored (manipulated) by entities from the astral plane.

We, as humans, because of many occult factors and occult planning, we're mislead into believing that we (ego) were proprietors of our own thoughts.
That is part of the manipulation that's been going on for thousand of years. Manipulation from the invisible spheres was and still is (to most humans) an essential part of the learning process in the physical experience (incarnation). It also serves as protection for the ego. If the ego were know about the manipulation (from the invisible spheres) without being prepared in life (to this knowledge), insanity would strike like lightning.

As long as we continue to evolve in the physical realm, we are manipulated. When we begin to understand this process, we are less exposed to these manipulations and ultimately, with higher consciousness, we set ourselves free from any and all manipulations and influences.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by triune

Once a thought has been created, it remains in existance (even for many lifetimes) until
it is balanced by being exteriorised into physical reality as an act, object or event in
our lives and thus becomes part of our personal destiny

This might be literally true...but I think you're implying a perspective I'm not sure I agree with. To give a metaphor, if I push on a brick wall with the intent to knock it over, yes my actions must have an exteriorized physical reality...but that reality isn't neccesarily me pushing down the wall, nor does it mean that the wall must "neccesarily" be pushed down at a later date. Energy dispersion such as through friction is an "exteriorized reality."

Similarly, just because I think about some hypothetical reality, even if I focus on it and intend it to happen...while yes, that action is an expenditure of energy that must have a reaction, the reaction doesn't neccesraily need to be the manifestation of the intended reality, be it now or in a subsequent life.

it is balanced by being exteriorised into physical reality as an act, object or event in
our lives and thus becomes part of our personal destiny

Yes, but you are basically just stating Newton's Third Law regarding actions and reqactions. The "balancing" that occurs may take forms other than the desired or intended form. For example, if I desire to be rich, that doesn't neccesarily mean the desire will be balanced by being rich. It might be balanced by being angry and frustrated that I'm not. Energy equivalency and balancing is not the same as effective manifestation of specific intent.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is one of the Big Questions, I think.

When we visualize something, it is based on our previous experiences with that type of object. We remember what apples look like, and select an image. If you've never seen an apple, you won't know what they look like (obviously). Once you know, you can now visualize it. You recall it to memory. I assume that, if you've seen lots of different apples, what you visualize would be the sort you prefer, or the ones you've seen the most (but I don't know that as a fact).

There is some thinking that when we look at things in the present, what we see is affected by what we *expect* to see, which is colored by our memories. One we identify "apple", we stop looking at it and just know it's an apple. It's hard to look at things, once we know what they are.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My apple was muddied colors and seemed very sterile and artificial. Almost kind of a line drawing for the leaf.

I didnt postulate a type of apple I let the first apple just appear in mind.

I have read some how to psychic books and I think thier explanations I get is that these are thoughtforms, a kind of residual energetic dibris lodged somewhere within our energy.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by galacticflophouse]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

Sometimes a question is worth more than any answer(s) it could get.
That's why I gave you a flag and a star.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

you are correct, there are yellow apples:

I was remarking that it was neat that no one else thought of a yellow one, but you did. Kudos

[edit on 10-10-2009 by ineverknew]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yes i believe granny smiths are completely yellow

Granny Smiths are green, very green.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
One we identify "apple", we stop looking at it and just know it's an apple. It's hard to look at things, once we know what they are.

It is hard - at first - but it's not impossible, and what's more, I think it should be done regularly. Severing those pre-conceptions, I mean. It's a a form of meditation.
Anyway, it can be done. Painters do it all the time.
I do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

You are correct in saying that the exteriorised thought may not be what was intended. This is the very purpose of physical existence. When we create our destiny by thinking, we must always be listening to our inner warning bells for trouble ahead. Not everything we desire is right for us, and lifes main purpose is to understand what to create and what not to create.

As thinking creates destiny, and destiny MUST be played out, the spiritual masters teach that we must not become attached to outcomes. In other words, if you can learn to think without creating thoughts you eventually unchain yourself from the wheel of karma, and are freed from the cycle of birth, death and rebirth until your destiny is played out.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread. Nice job.

The apple that came to my mind first was the one I ate two or three days ago. That could be simply recalling an event from the past that caused it to appear in my mind, but I understand your question entirely. For most people, we don't remember the last apple we ate, so where do we decide how to picture an apple? Very fascinating stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

Thanks. I was wondering whether people would think about apples being eaten; there is no reason why people shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi, ineverknew.

Originally posted by ineverknew
But what comes before people think?

You may find an answer in the first line of my signature ! !

Thoughts cannot come out of nothing, can they?

You think so ???
Today, science has seen MATTER come out of nothing, and go back to nothing ! !

How do coherent thoughts come out of no where?

You may continue with the second line of my signature ! B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by triune

Not everything we desire is right for us, and lifes main purpose
is to understand what to create and what not to create.

What possible criteria for deciding "right" could there possibly be other than "what is already" and "what is desired?"

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Legacy
My apple was green with a stem and no leaves. It was green because i like green apples more than the red ones. However at one point it did turn red for a second and then back to green.

It was alone it a white plane.

It's interesting that you mentioned the plane. My apple was red and alone on a gray plane. I didn't think about the background until you brought it up. I wonder what that means?
Great observation!

[edit on 10-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have my personal thoughts on what comes before the thought itself, but I think it cuts to the chase quicker just to realize it's not just "you" doing the thinking. Which you already see, as the thought of the image of an apple automatically arises without conscious input on what it should look like, etc.

"You" are not your body. That is the bottom line.

You are not your brain.

You are not the electrical signals across your brain.

Those are just gifts to you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Then what am I. Were is the evidence I am not my brain?? My memorys, viusual functions come from my brain, Everything I do, see comes from my brain. So who/what am I?? Is there any evience I am seperate from my body?? Just curious lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join