It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children Exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Dude, it's a screen name, I did have another one but I lost the password and everything and had to make a new character.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

maybe the ones who spend all their time telling you about themselves arent genuine.

you probably wont hear from the ones who are doing their jobs.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Heh, actually, I can admit to having no credibility on this site, anyway. It's all good, though, because I'm Indigo.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There are children finding out they're Indigo Children and are confused about it, I put this up so they could find out more.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by emosun16

Why can't i bash people who claim something without proof? There is no evidence of indigo children, none, zip, zilch so i will not believe in them and i will say so whenever someone claims they're real without providing evidence. If you consider that bashing then so be it.

There is no evidence of an aura let alone different coloured auras. The idea of indigo children was invented to sell books to the new age movement, and it has done very well.

Another 1 up for the con men and women of this world.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm not here to gain credibility for anything, I'm here to read and learn about things i wouldn't normally learn anywhere else. I assume your implying i have no right to be on this site because i have no credibility. That's BS everybody has a right to be here credibility or not.I understand credibility is important on certain subjects but if that's all you people care about is credibility and popularity then screw you and screw this site.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Errr, I dunno where you got the idea that I was saying you have no credibility, and that you shouldn't post on this site. It's a free world and I have no right to stop you from making any point that you want to make on this site. It was merely a self-depricating post directed at me only. I'd never tell any poster to not contribute any ideas. I don't like condescension as much as the next guy.

Just take a deep breath, forget this ever happened and we can move on.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That's what i was trying to figure out thanks for elaborating, guess i don't have great sense of humor and maybe a bit of an anger problem. Actually i know have anger problem sorry for that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No problems, friend. I should have probably not made a comment on emosun's username too. I'm a sentimental person myself and usually jump on anything without reading into it fully. It's a problem of mine.

In the end, we're all here for the same reasons and the same purpose, regardless of how well informed or intelligent that we are. Beneath all of the rhetoric and arguments we all find ourselves on this site because we know that there's something not quite right with this world. It's something we all feel, and our instincts have told us that something is up.

Our curiosity has lead us to this point. Posting on this very site full of great, likeminded people with common goals. I can't wait to read more from you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well you wont ever see any threads from me but, posts, i have plenty of those.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't know where this term indigo children comes from, but I do know people of my generation are increasingly having mental 'problems'. I know more people with ADD/ADHD than not, one kid having both.
A lot of them are either doing psychiatry or have considered doing it. They are free to label them self as nerd, slut or loser without concern, they know its just a label. They are also starting to see the glitch in this world - that stuff aint what we're being told. Yet at the same time they are sheep because they know they can't be anything else.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Haha, I remember the time I first heard about the Indigo children. One of my friends was all "yeah, I'm an Indigo child, because I had an OBE once". So I was curious about it, and looked it up on the Internet. I found a chart comparing Indigo and Crystal children... oh, the shock, it really fit my personality! I was an Indigo child too!

But, oh wait... something's missing. Oh yes, the part where I use my super indigo thinking skillz and realize that my friend and I have nothing in common, and that the chart listed traits that could apply even to a monkey.
Sufficient to say, my mother had enough common sense to raise me like a normal person, instead of fawning over every little thing I did as if I was some kind of special child that would do whatever she failed to do in her life (my Indigo friend was an only child... I'm the last of three siblings, go figure).

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Look most parents don't even know their children are Indigos!!!! So they pretty much have nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by emosun16
Look, it's a bit hard going through life knowing you're different, having physchic abilities and then BAM! You get hit with so much information on indigo children and perhaps being one, and then another BAM! comes when you learn that hey! You're suppose to help destroy bad systems that only serve themselves! Have fun!!! It's hard not having a mentor, or someone just to give you a bit of some advice.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by emosun16]

Yes, because apparently we're all meant to have a 'Watcher' character hovering in the background like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Or maybe a Mr Miyagi ("indigo on, indigo off!") Unfortunately, real life isn't like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What If I carry some of the symptoms of an indigo kid, but my aura changes like light refracting from different angles? I can feel others' emotions so strong sometimes that I explain to them better what they're dealing with than they could tell another, been answering jeopardy questions since I was like 6, I heal inexplicably quick (broken ankle 1 week and back to tae-kwon-do the next,) anyone who presents a pain or illness to me and makes me feel for them "magically" recovers in record time, always had an interest in things of a universal nature such as seeing things in nano view (before I knew what it looked like) build up to our universe and multiple universes together to begin at the smallest level again. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THERE WAS A CREATOR despite being raised pagan. I love everyone for some unknown reason and can hardly squash a bug but will kill anything to protect someone or something I consider weaker than the attacker (can't help it), can't sit still for more than ten minutes lol, I feel EXTREMELY powerful when really emotional, oh one more thing don't ever question a coincidence or ask me how could that happen, it is ALWAYS an invitation for disaster.

Born to save or destroy...
What will become of my toy?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by red8ball
What If I carry some of the symptoms of an indigo kid, but my aura changes like light refracting from different angles? I can feel others' emotions so strong sometimes that I explain to them better what they're dealing with than they could tell another, been answering jeopardy questions since I was like 6, I heal inexplicably quick (broken ankle 1 week and back to tae-kwon-do the next,) anyone who presents a pain or illness to me and makes me feel for them "magically" recovers in record time, always had an interest in things of a universal nature such as seeing things in nano view (before I knew what it looked like) build up to our universe and multiple universes together to begin at the smallest level again. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THERE WAS A CREATOR despite being raised pagan. I love everyone for some unknown reason and can hardly squash a bug but will kill anything to protect someone or something I consider weaker than the attacker (can't help it), can't sit still for more than ten minutes lol, I feel EXTREMELY powerful when really emotional, oh one more thing don't ever question a coincidence or ask me how could that happen, it is ALWAYS an invitation for disaster.

I see a lot of these kinds of claims all the time from indigo children or the 'indigo curious' and it's interesting that many if not all of these traits can be found in non-indigo people, whether adults or children. Thinking there was a creator, despite being raised pagan, doesn't really amount to anything. Consider the amount of people raised within homes believing that there's a Christian God who have ALWAYS KNOWN THERE WASN'T A CREATOR. Having beliefs that differ from the rest of your family or peer group is fantastically common. Also, it's worth pointing out that being raised as a pagan doesn't necessarily preclude you from believing in a creator.

I'm always struck by the use of 'empathy' in these claims too as I'd like to believe that this kind of asset was actually something that everyone has and the ability to understand someone's issues or positions is far more likely to be down to being able to being removed from the situation enough to have greater objectivity whilst still retaining some sympathy and empathy. I tend to describe these people as good friends rather than 'indigos'.

Another common theme is indigo intelligence, something you nod towards with your assertion about answering quiz question since being a young child. Bright children are also pretty common and it's equally common that these children often have issues with 'not fitting in' or 'feeling different' or having attention deficits through not being stimulated in the right way. If this was a real criteria for indigo children then there'd be so many 'indigo children' that they wouldn't be an issue as they'd be as common as children with red hair. It would also mean 'indigo children' would have always been here and given the state the world is in or is meant to be in, it seems in conflict with the alleged mission of these indigo children. If they've always been here, then why is the world in a mess? Aren't they the saviours and the fixers?

Some of the more 'exotic abilities' are interesting or rather they're interesting because the claims are never genuinely backed-up. I've seen many indigo children claim to have healing abilities and yet, despite their numbers, I'm not seeing tangible verifiable evidence that people are getting healed. Where are the doctor's statements? If I genuinely broke an ankle and it was miraculously healed a week later, I'm fairly sure my hospital would have something to say about it.

And there lies the rub. There's a lot of whining that indigo children aren't taken seriously. Yes, they do want to be noticed and they do want to be taken seriously or else sites like these wouldn't be chockfull of these adolescent fantasies. However, abilities like healing or self-healing, are very testable. So where are the 'indigo children' that are ready to step up to the plate, as it were, and actually put their money where their auras are?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I disagree with the common representation of Indigos.

For example, the claims that they have "superhuman abilities", such as quick healing or emotional sensitivity don't resonate with me in the least. Not in the 'superpower' sense, anyways.

I see "indigo" not as a caste, but as a type of person. A frame of mind, so to speak.

My personal belief is that 'indigo' (in the true sense of the word, which I realize is a bit of a ludicrous statement given that anything concerning indigos is at this point conjecture) could be more accurately used to describe the latest generation of Old Souls, characterized by their uncanny (but wholly natural) ability to understand complex systems with minimal effort while being tempered by their profound rationality.

And I certainly do not believe that they are as common as people are led to believe. No more than a handful of the posters in this thread have what I would consider the right "tone" to be considered indigo.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chilkoot

And I certainly do not believe that they are as common as people are led to believe. No more than a handful of the posters in this thread have what I would consider the right "tone" to be considered indigo.

That's interesting. I guess I must have a different understanding of statistics than you. Whilst you're fairly dismissive with your "no more than a handful of the posters in this thread have what I would consider the right "tone" to be considered indigo" assertion, ultimately - even accounting for the fact that that there might be a slightly higher number of these indigo children on this site for whatever reason - your talking about some weird numbers here. How many unique posters were they on this thread? A dozen? Maybe 15? And out of that 15 or so, you think there's no more than a "handful" of 'indigo children' that posted in the thread? That's statistically very, very high.

Internet-wise, I come across these kinds of claims fairly regularly. I wouldn't like to guess how many of these threads and posters I've seen on this site alone, never mind everywhere else I go to. You may say, "well all those that claim to be 'indigo children' aren't as there's a lot of fakers making dubious claims" and I'd actually agree. I'd probably add that there's a lot more than you think.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
fair enough, I suppose what I should have said is that I've read several of these indigo threads front to back, and it seems to me that only a fraction of the people that seem to think they show "indigo" tendencies are actually identifying with what *I* believe the term encompasses, and the rest have another set of characteristics (which are very vague, and can be analogous to ADD/ADHD) that I believe to be falsely associated with the term.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chilkoot
fair enough, I suppose what I should have said is that I've read several of these indigo threads front to back, and it seems to me that only a fraction of the people that seem to think they show "indigo" tendencies are not actually identifying with what *I* believe the term encompasses, but another set of characteristics (analogous to ADD/ADHD) that I believe to be falsely associated with the term.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. You could be right, but as you've said, it's all conjecture anyway - unless of course you're claiming to be in a similar paradigm you're an indigo-seeker or something whose ability is to detect and measure the abilities of these wunderkind.

Whatever the numbers, and whether there's millions of these people or only a handful, the reality is that none of these claims are actually being seriously tested, in the same way that I see people coming on to dozens of boards claiming to be vampires, lycanthropes (or whatever's currently doing the rounds in on television, cinema or in comics). Thousands and thousands of them but none of them really willing to step up to the plate and put their money where their mouths are.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join