It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reveiw of 'Paranormal Activity'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We are going to see it tonight! My 9 year old loves scary movies - handled the ring and Jason 1 just fine!

But something about this one...

Maybe it's all the hype (the true reactions of people in the audience). But, until I see it first, no go on this one for my lil man!

Avoiding a lie, his father and I told him we were going to dinner and to go to bed when his older bro says too - dont give him any #.

We ARE going to dinner... but we are also going to see the movie. Ok - a lie by omission is a lie all the same. However, I 'aint' seeing no Santa's or elves so lets keep it real. As parents, we say and do what we must to protect our kids. Not omitting the fact we were going would be cruel - knowing how very badly he wants to see it!

If all is well, I will surely allow him to go with any 3 of his grown brothers to see the daily showing tomorrow. Thank you so much for starting this thread because it allowed me to vent!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Meeeh, was ok. It was well acted and put together for digicam style, but no where near demonic enough, more ghostly, till the end, which we wont spoil.....
I wasn't scared in the least. But that stuff can happen
Ilike how they did it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

I stand corrected.. yes.. Lucus.. sorry SW fans. So, I guess the movie is considered 'indepentant' because the credits don't roll??

And since this is a movie .. why even acknowledge the SDPD ??

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Right, well I watched this film tonight after seeing so many people going on about how they were never going to sleep again etc after seeing it.
And Ive got to say, I was a little dissappointed. Probably because I was expecting it to live up to the scariness of the blair witch project.

It did make me jump the first couple of times something happened. But you always know when something scarys coming so you can brace yourself.
I felt a little bit let down by the supposed demon. Obviously the ending & the dragging off bit were fair play.. but shutting doors, banging and turning lights on and off... hardly something you'd expect from one of satans minions! It got to the point where I thought it was going to start stealing their toilet roll & tickling their feet in the night in an effort to freak them out. Worst demon ever.

The ending they've been showing in theatre's is pants as well. And it ends too early.
I really prefered the ending where she comes and sits in the room and is just rocking backwards and forwards for hours and hours. Its less violent but alot creepier!

So yea.. it wasnt great, and it took wayyyyy too long for the film to gain any momentum. Oh AND, the amount of screeching that woman did reminded me of a hippo during mating season, which isnt really what you want when your trying to take the cloven hooved demon/deer(maybe bambi?) seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was highly bored with this movie. I didnt find it scary at all. The bf was an idiot IMO. It was ok for it being the type of film it was but for me it wasnt that great. I went in with everyone saying how scary it was and left thinking wow these people dont know scary.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
your plannin to take your 9 year old to these movie?
lady im 20 years old and i wasnt able to sleep 2 nights ina row!
beg god u dont see the movie with the ORIGINAL ending, please who in theyr mind will bring theyr young boy to this movie,it will screw his mind! please listen to me! watch the movie and tell me if its a movie for young kids!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
im only trying to help,this movie is one of the most depressing and nasty things ever created! it makes u think about life and how easy it is to create chaos and SUFFERING, its like watching alittle kittie die slowly!
one of the scaryest and coolest movies ever,it will change you

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
The bf was an idiot IMO.

Yes I thought that as well! The film would probably have been slightly better if the boyfriend had not been a complete ****. Felt almost thankful towards the demon after he died.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I liked it, though I did think it was rather slow, and not scary in the slightest, but then I can honestly say i've never been scared of a film in my life, most i've ever done is jumped.

would recomend it, but don't believe the hype, is all I would say.

Good ending

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
your plannin to take your 9 year old to these movie?
lady im 20 years old and i wasnt able to sleep 2 nights ina row!
beg god u dont see the movie with the ORIGINAL ending, please who in theyr mind will bring theyr young boy to this movie,it will screw his mind! please listen to me! watch the movie and tell me if its a movie for young kids!

This is not always true
I was allowed to watch anything I wanted since I remember and it did me no harm at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
the boyfriend really was a dumb&$&$
"here honey i found this video of this girl that got exorcism,watch her scream in pain,bloody being evil and all,it wont mind@^^ at all"
"dont worry honey,instead of leaving the house and finding some priest atleast lets put powder and play. im sure nothing bad can happen xexe"
but look throw his eyes,he had to put up with a wife like this all these years

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
okay, here's a question - any idea where can i get such a cool-looking ouija board like the one they have in the movie?

all i could find over the internet are those classic Parker brothers ones... i want something more shiny

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just watched Paranormal activity (on pirate
) and it's really good. I haven't seen the Blair Witch project, which is probably the most well known 'hand held camera' films. I didn't think much of Cloverfield, or the cheaper version 'Monster', but I did like this one! Really creepilicious and gooood!

Rama D. Filofax on Paranormal activity

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Rama.D Filofax]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
They actually hand made the Ouija board for the movie... I remember reading that in an article (likely Entertainment Weekly)....

A piece of wood, a wood burner, some paint, and a can of polyurethane, and you can make a nice one too....

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rama.D Filofax

Having said that, I wasn't too taken with either of the endings that I saw. On the pirate (
) you get both endings, and the original ending was a bit too long winded, and the one that I think they stuck with, was too typical and in your face. Did anyone else think that? or is it just me?

However, if I'm honest, it isn't easy to end something like that without letting people down. Ah well, it wasn't a bad film, but I don't want to watch it again.

Rama D. Filofax on the ending

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join