It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANKING HOLIDAY coming on Oct 27, 09?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

Of course,we know this.It's just that the two types of currency we now use are not from the same source and the Fed which prints the paper is more suspect than the Mint,IMHO.That's all.If one has a pile of quarters s/he may be better off than a holder of like amount of paper when this thing goes down.Of course I'd rather they be old silver,but really,in the beginning,recognized (face)value might just be the only recognized common denomination.In other words,if you try to spend money on the street for some thing,a coin might not have any more value because you say it does because it's silver.A dime is a dime to the seller if there is a monopoly.You try to get more because it's silver or in better shape,s/he might just tell you to go away with no food or whatever.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Interesting point of view, But I think I’ll stick with the real deal .That is real silver or gold. Unless of Corse we are talking about liberty quarters, Susan B. Anthony silver dollars, Buffalo nickels or mercury dimes all of which were minted with real silver and nickel. On a side note they can also be a lot of fun to collect.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by murfdog

Of course I'd rather they be old silver,but really,in the beginning,recognized (face)value might just be the only recognized common denomination.

Yes, the old, "junk" silver (some of which has 90% silver, others of which have 40% silver) is definitely well worth keeping for the SHTF scenarios, for sure.

Even today, silver dimes have held their value and here's the proof:

1960 -- three silver dimes would have bought a gallon of gas.

2009 -- three silver dimes would still buy a gallon of gas.

What does THAT tell you?

As for me, I'm fully invested in many thousands of ounces of physical .999 silver, so I'm ready for any SHTF scenario, should it come.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is something I found :

This is my Bank and they did not saying anything to me............

Wells Fargo closing for a few days starting October 25

I thought people knew... So I'm making a thread about it.

My mother have a loan at Wells Fargo and they told her that she had to make her payment BEFORE October 25 because they are closing the bank until early november.

They say it's to incorporate the Wachovia customers... from the merging.

They said until early november...so Wells Fargo will be closed at least a week.

This stinks.

And I'm not talking only about her local bank, but all branches in the US...

Please people, inquire at the others banks... Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, JP Morgan...if you have an account there...

To clarifies. The BANK SYSTEM will be closed for at least a week. For the physical closing of the bank, im not sure...but since the entire electronic system won't work... why would it be open?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The only place I can find links to this is on conspiracy sites (Wells Fargo "closing" banks).

You really think they will CLOSE all business with what.. but a weeks notice? Not gonna happen. If you want to post such sensationalist fear-mongering nonsense, provide some actual statements from the bank. They perhaps mean non-essential business. Stuff that won't affect you whatsoever. I highly.. HIGHLY doubt you'll walk into the bank in the next couple of weeks.. and they will say "Oh.. sorry.. closed! Nope.. no ATM.. no money.. nothing."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How do you know any new currency would be based on gold and silver? What if it's based on oil? If it's not based on gold and silver, your gold and silver will be useless. I'm just wondering?? I mean what would you do then?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

You can make stuff with metal.Gold and silver have always had value,beauty,rarity,durability,portability.Easy to measure both in purity and weight.How does that just 'go away'?The people who believe in gold's value are doing pretty well right now,if actions match beliefs.What other commodity has gone up in value so much in the past year?Not oil.Copper,maybe,but it takes a whole lot of copper to equal one ounce of the good stuff,24k.

Oil?As money?Messy,hard to contain,less value currently than water if you buy it in the gas station.Oil taints a container,stains clothes,smells.Why not use water?This is useful not only to drink,but it's clean,non flammable,a solvent,long lasting,desired by all at one point or another.Or the time honored salt?Salt was once traded for gold,doncha know?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by idle_rocker

You can make stuff with metal.Gold and silver have always had value,beauty,rarity,durability,portability.Easy to measure both in purity and weight.How does that just 'go away'?The people who believe in gold's value are doing pretty well right now,if actions match beliefs.What other commodity has gone up in value so much in the past year?Not oil.Copper,maybe,but it takes a whole lot of copper to equal one ounce of the good stuff,24k.

Yes, gold and silver has that value that you describe, which is called "intrinsic value", so they both will always be worth something, a lot of something. Right now, even though the prices of both have gone up, the true value of both are far below what they'd be, absent government manipulation and control.

If gold and silver had true free market prices, gold would be at least $3,000 an ounce and silver would be at least $50 an ounce. I kid you not, but both are viciously suppressed by the Federal Reserve, who considers their job #1 to be the vigorous suppression of both gold and silver.

How are gold and silver going to play a part of our new currency systems? They will be a part of the "basket" of currencies that will be a part of the SDR -- Special Drawing Rights -- that the rest of the world has proposed, so look for gold and silver to go far higher than they are now.

Right now, however, both metals are close to their peaks in their current runs and, once they peak (gold at $1,250/oz and silver at just below $20/oz), they should drop back down to $850 and $12.50, respectively; then, after that, they should go on a massive bull run and neither metal would be available off the market at any price, so, when they both drop to their final lows, that's your last change to load up on the metals before they take off to the moon.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ok... I know we've all felt it, but this is something that I cannot explain. I guess we all fall back and call it intuition. I feel a dark pit in my stomach, and when I say dark - it's dark. I have no idea what it means and what will become of all this madness in the world, but I do know that when I get these feelings... they are most often correct. This is just me saying - beware of what is to come, because the world is brewing a mess that will take many years to clean up (if we are so lucky). Anyone else have the same internal feelings going on - I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. Let me put it this way; if you feel the emotions, and your instinct is to disregard them... think twice, because most often you'll be right. It's taken many years for me to accept this phenonemon.

PMB

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmb150
Ok... I know we've all felt it, but this is something that I cannot explain. I guess we all fall back and call it intuition. I feel a dark pit in my stomach, and when I say dark - it's dark.

I have no idea what it means and what will become of all this madness in the world, but I do know that when I get these feelings... they are most often correct. This is just me saying - beware of what is to come, because the world is brewing a mess that will take many years to clean up (if we are so lucky).

Anyone else have the same internal feelings going on - I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. Let me put it this way; if you feel the emotions, and your instinct is to disregard them... think twice, because most often you'll be right. It's taken many years for me to accept this phenonemon.

PMB

pmb150,

Pardon me for breaking up your large paragraph into smaller, easier-to-read paragraphs for your quoted bit.

I can understand what you are saying -- MANY of us are feeling pangs of fear that are understandable reactions to the events that are about to unfold, but, fear not, the events are not going to be horrible, negative events that would take years from which to recover.

Big events are coming and we may have a period of chaos in the markets starting soon, but, with a number of world-changing events that will soon transpire -- like the upcoming official ET/UFO Disclosure event -- life will quickly change for the better and the entire world, not just the USA, will benefit enormously from the fantastic changes that will benefit all of us.

In the span of just a few years, we will leap forward a 1,000 years in terms of technology being released and available for the masses to revive and recover from the bastid elites attempting to destroy us all.

FWIW, here's an transcript from SaLuSa:

galacticfriends.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Sorry man but there is no one coming to save us. Its up to us. All of us.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Sorry man but there is no one coming to save us. Its up to us. All of us.

If it were up to us by ourselves, we would not only have been finished a long time ago, we would be doomed now.

You will be astonished as to how much interaction is going on behind the scenes with the various govt agencies and the ETs, not to mention the many individual interactions of ETs with people all over the world.

We need help now and fast.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It is this type of thinking that has gotten us into this mess in the first place. It doesn't matter if there are benevolent or malevolent beings out there, it's not their problem to fix.

We created the mess, we allowed this to happen, we must take responsibility for our own "salvation." Even if these so-called beings are benevolent, expecting and accepting their help is nothing but a better form of slavery. You cannot give away your power without accepting external control.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu

We created the mess, we allowed this to happen, we must take responsibility for our own "salvation." Even if these so-called beings are benevolent, expecting and accepting their help is nothing but a better form of slavery. You cannot give away your power without accepting external control.

Yea, we humans "created" the mess by allowing the negative ET elites to lie (they told them falsehoods about the 2012 event, telling them that the world would go through heavy cataclysms) to the govts and the govts bit the bait line, bait and sinker, so the negative ET elites have had their way with our world for the last 50 years.

Due to the Law of Free Will, the positive ETs -- who also contacted the govts and told them that there would be a positive outcome with the 2012 -- were forced to step back and allow this crap to go on.

But now the positive ETs are asserting themselves in preparation for the soon-to-happen Disclosure event that WILL happen very soon in our lives, the sooner, the better. For the sake of balance, it is an imperative that the positive ETs to bring forth many forms of assistance that the world needs, as we've been ripped off blind and beat into submission by the govts, who have been empowered by the technology given to them by the negative ETs.

Disclosure WILL HAPPEN.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
From the site linked above galacticfriends.com...:

When the truth of our reasons for contacting you is known, it will offer a lifeline to those who see no future for Humanity.. Suddenly your souls will be uplifted by the promise of a way out of the chaos deliberately put upon you.

We are allowed to help you as your spiritually appointed mentors, and because the cycle of duality is coming to an end. You are not meant to see out this period by yourselves, and the plan has always allowed for guidance and direction so that you arrive at your true destination. Ascension is simply upliftment into the higher vibrations of the Universe, and it means that you will be part of it unless through choice you decide not to participate.

Be very wary of these offers for "assistance" and "lifelines" for you very well could end up being someone's dinner. Think long and hard about the use of the word harvest as there is a spiritual law that at one point, they must tell you the truth. You have been given free will, so use it wisely.

Your vibration level is determined by YOU, your thoughts, your actions, your spirituality -- no external source can change that for you. There is no external salvation, no game cheats, no fast track for each of us must walk our path alone.

Each of us has our own mentor, called our Higher Self. Your don't need any cosmic teacher. Simply meditate and connect.

If these aliens are from a higher density, they would not have physical bodies and therefore, wouldn't need a space ship to travel here. All aliens LIE. At any point in our history, they could have appeared and made the truth known about our origins, but all of them benefit from keeping us in ignorance.

Yeah, even the "love and light" is just more b.s. foisted on the unsophisticated and unevolved humans. I recommend watching Close Encounters one more time and then ask yourself why we believe that beings that kidnapped human across the course of history want anything good for us? Why are we dazzled by more advanced technology? Because that is ALL it is, a better form of iPod and yet we're ready to give away all our power.

Personally, I'd like to see how great things could be without alien interference, because up to now, it's been fairly crappy with them running the show.

They say they cannot or will not interfere, yet they admit that other races have been interfering with humans for centuries. Any alien in a physical body is NOT more spiritually advanced than the average human on earth; it is the simple fact that they have been around a lot longer so they have better tech. Why haven't they ascended to the four density after their million years of history yet we are after less than 20,000? Hmmm? If they were more advanced, they would have already experienced this "upliftment" and wouldn't be in the third density physical.

If aliens want to help Earthers, they would exterminate the aliens festering on the planet, remove their puppet leaders, heal the environment and leave us alone.

I suggest reading this:

www.cco.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No bank holiday according to this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Vitchillo deserves all credit for the following information regarding 'FIA industry-wide disaster recovery tests/exercises' for the clearing system today:

www.clearingcorp.com...

The funny thing is, the passage he referred to here half an hour ago seems to have gone.

[edit on 24/10/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Vitchillo deserves all credit for the following information regarding 'FIA industry-wide disaster recovery tests/exercises' for the clearing system today and on 26th October:

www.clearingcorp.com...

The funny thing is, the passage he referred to here half an hour ago seems to have gone.

Very interesting, pause4thought and thank you for the url.

Can any data analyst techies comment on this?

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can't believe this. Today is payday, I go to the store and my atm/credit card does not work.

I call the credit union and apparently they are having some problems but supposedly they don't know what the problem is. Apparently it's been like this for 3 days and they didn't bother to let the customers know.

SOOO no shopping with atm/credit card!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join