It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANKING HOLIDAY coming on Oct 27, 09?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Of course banks will be closed Oct.12.... it's Columbus Day!

Maybe the other closing is to offset not having a long weekend holiday.

This is nothing unusual. Students have such school closing "holidays" while teachers have admin meetings and preps every year.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
All the MSM is talking about is this so called recovery........I almost spit out my breakfast this morning when I heard they are predicting a 3% growth in 4th quarter earnings overall or something like that. WTF?

There's a wonderful little trick of the numbers going on.
Its called adjustments.
Its very simple and very real and happening all over.
I wont say where I work but they are global and they did it,
and they did it large,
Lowered projections, lowered budgets , and cut pays (commissions) in half.
They are claiming to have positive growth over budget,
and on paper they are correct when looking at THIS year, but they've lost millions when compared to over last year,
and theyre working 2010's budgets now and it's getting ready to happen again but not as deep.
I've worked twice as hard this year, literally to make the same numbers but have gotten paid HALF of what I made last year.
AND! my credit union "is" down those days mentioned as well, the only reason I know is because I read it here to go check,
Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Holy cow....I predicted this last year. (Along with a lot of other people, I'm sure.)

Ok, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or an I-told-you-so kind of person....but I think it was about a year ago that I predicted that if a major currency "change-over" was going to happen, it wouldn't happen willingly for America. First, there would have to be a planned crisis that would crash the value of the dollar, so that America would BEG for, or at least welcome, a new currency.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we're seeing that crisis right now. It started with the "leak" to the newspaper reporter about the secret meetings that were held about ditching the dollar.

Do you think they already have the "Amero" or another new global currency, ready to be unveiled, and the coming bank holiday (if it's true) is the week when they make the big changeover?

It would make sense. They know that if they close the banks, people would probably riot because they couldn't get to their money.

But if they closed the banks to make a major change over in currency....people would be more tolerant. People wouldn't riot if there was a "valid reason" why they couldn't get to their money.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more Historic-Mozart regarding NO FEAR.

As important as it is to be aware of all the conspiracies in motion against humanity, it is equally important that we, the Awake ones, educate our sleeping brothers and sisters of their perfection. This is a wonderful time if we choose. We must project right mindedness and not fear. There is a fine line as I have occasionally crossed by projecting fear from dwelling on the blatant plots against humanity. This is not the path of an Awake being. We have Awoken to project Love and Love alone. We are those at the top of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. We are the Ones that hold the Light, Hope and Love for those that cannot. There is good only - not good and evil. “I perceive that because I am what I am – because of this Infinite Thing that over-shadows eternity and finds Its abiding place in me, I know that good is now mine – all mine.” - Ernest Holmes
Namaste,

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Ok, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or an I-told-you-so kind of person....but I think it was about a year ago that I predicted that if a major currency "change-over" was going to happen, it wouldn't happen willingly for America.

Do you think they already have the "Amero" or another new global currency, ready to be unveiled, and the coming bank holiday (if it's true) is the week when they make the big changeover?

Nikiano,

Good job with your prescience about the currency change-over. I, too, had predicted the collapse of the Fed, as well as the IRS in a different forum earlier this year, in Feb and nobody took me seriously, but just about everybody had hoped that I was right. And two months ago, I revisited my prediction and stood by it with confidence and now, as things are unfolding, the end of the Fed just may well be nigh. Yea!

And, no, the Amero will NOT be implemented -- it is dead. It will be a different form of a currency -- but still called a "dollar" -- and it will most likely be issued by the US Treasury.

The whole world is now standing firmly against the NWO bassturds and the Illoonynaughties and now it's high noon, the guns have been drawn and the bullets have exited the guns and they are on their way to their intended targets. As to exactly when they would finally land is variable, but, for certain, before the end of this year.

There will be economic turmoil, but it will be short-lived and we do NOT have to worry about SHTF scenarios -- not gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The Amero has been minted in Denver for the last couple of years. Here is a link to a site that has pictures and descriptions of the coins. They're even for sale.

I hope the link works. (It's my first post)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Holy cow....I predicted this last year. (Along with a lot of other people, I'm sure.)

Ok, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or an I-told-you-so kind of person....but I think it was about a year ago that I predicted that if a major currency "change-over" was going to happen, it wouldn't happen willingly for America. First, there would have to be a planned crisis that would crash the value of the dollar, so that America would BEG for a new currency, instead of resist a new currency.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we're seeing that crisis right now. It started with the "leak" to the newspaper reporter about the secret meetings that were held about ditching the dollar.

It would make sense. They know that if they close the banks, people would probably riot because they couldn't get to their money.

But if they closed the banks to make a major change over in currency....people would be more tolerant. People wouldn't riot if there was a "valid reason" why they couldn't get to their money.

search.frbatlanta.org...

Copy and paste the web address I've attached and read what the FED had to say about this in 2000.

CLICK ON #1 Doc to open and read.
THIS IS FROM THE FED ITSELF,
I'd have to say if progress has been made since this report, and given the current state of affairs then your answer would be YES nikiano there is an AMERO CLAUS in someones dreams.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by nikiano

The Amero has been minted in Denver for the last couple of years. Here is a link to a site that has pictures and descriptions of the coins. They're even for sale.

I hope the link works. (It's my first post)

I've seen these as well, they're not recognized as negotiable coins, they're collector coins, they have no value. (seriously, they have no value)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by nikiano

This pops up once in a while. As i've previously said in the thread i can't find right now, i am a coin collector among other things.
Mr.Daniel Carr the owner of the site and a coind designer,made a medal for our private club from silver. We paid for the metal, he presented us with a few designs, and we chose one that pleased all.

But it was just a fun thing for us and nothing else.

The same thing like with this supposed "Amero". It's a hobby for him,he's got nice designs, and some people want to buy them as collector items. That's all.

Look for his logo, a D and C intertwined on any other photo you find on the web regarding this Amero thing. If it's on the coin, then it's just another "medal" created by him. These are not real money, they have no value outside the coin collector community. He's just using his imagination to create something as he sees it.

The other thread was somewhere along these lines as well, with someone claiming that these Ameros were distributed in Europe.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Bursuc]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Software can be "hot swapped?" What does that even mean? Hot swap refers to replacing a disk drive in most cases, I've never ever heard it used in the case of a software upgrade because there is no such thing.

A software upgrade often takes 2-3 days if it is a major upgrade. If this is simply a patch then, yeah, that can be done quickly but a major upgrade requires a complete system backup and often times, migration of all the application data to a new storage platform plus installation of new servers.

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about here.

Erm...
Hot Swapping
You get my point, Ace
....and you don't need 4 or 5 days to perform an "upgrade"...

As I alluded I said earlier....if this information offends you..simply ignore it

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
First the Amero

Then a global currency

I do see this happening as a way they can unify North and South America literally over night. This will probly be a very smooth move indeed. Introducing the Amero first , no one would even notice the disappearing
borders. Most of us won't even care when they see a sudden economic upturn,
that they will be able to point to as a result.
Damn sometimes I scare myself.
The agenda is still their goal.

OP this should make you happy.

Thanks for the heads up.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Of course banks will be closed Oct.12.... it's Columbus Day!

We call that Thanksgiving Day.

And it's celebrated in Canada.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
FYI.....If you are a credit union member, call them and ask them if they will be closed from Oct 31 to Nov 2nd and for what....or just google "credit unions closed for upgrades"...this may astound you

EXAMPLE

[edit on 10-10-2009 by RolandBrichter]

Now that is what I call interesting!!! I don't believe in coincidences, and the timing of this anouncement, and the notice put out by the credit union in the link begs for further study. Why the end of October? the timing of their announcement is too much coincidence for me.

Hummmmmmmmm........

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Amero ? I don't think so. Perhaps at some point , a devaluation of $USD against a new SDR basket of currencies.

Recent email form the office of Canadian MP Jack Layton

[email protected]
to [email protected]
date Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM
subject New Democrats celebrate victory over SPP

hide details 4:51 PM (8 hours ago)

Thank you for your past email outlining your concern over the Security and
Prosperity Partnership (SPP) initiative. I offer this email as an update on
our efforts.

The good news is that negotiations surrounding the SPP initiative have been
scrapped! The SPP was not part of the discussion at the most recent North
American Leaders' Summit. And, the official US SPP website is no longer
active and will remain as an archive of SPP documents.

New Democrats recognize that this result is due to the hard work of the many individuals and organizations who opposed this behind-closed-doors
agreement. Our International Trade Critic Peter Julian said, "This victory
is the result of the active and sustained efforts across the country, and
across North America, of Canadian, Mexican and American activists from the labour movement, civil society, progressive legislators and all those
concerned and committed to build a better quality of life in our Canada and throughout North America."

For more information, please visit:
www.ndp.ca...

Canada's New Democrats spoke out against the SPP from the beginning and
launched a national campaign to expose the negotiations. You can read
background information on the SPP negotiations at:
archive.ndp.ca...

Again, I appreciate hearing from you. Feel free to share my email with
anyone who may be interested. All the best.

Sincerely,

Jack Layton, MP (Toronto-Danforth)
Leader, Canada's New Democrats

Related:

The SPP is dead. Let’s keep it that way

By Murray Dobbin

The SPP is dead. Let’s keep in that way.

With virtually no fanfare or media analysis, one of the most transformative agreements ever signed by Canada and the US (and Mexico) is officially dead. The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP), the formal expression of a corporate lobbying campaign called deep integration, is no more. Its official US government website declared last month: "The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) is no longer an active initiative. There will not be any updates to this site." (It’s been edited since to be a little less brutal).

Full Text

SPP.Gov Homepage:

This website is an archive for SPP documents and will not be updated.

Link

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

Mr. potatohead
Well here's something else as far as predictions go.

Now that is what I call interesting!!! I don't believe in coincidences, and the timing of this anouncement, and the notice put out by the credit union in the link begs for further study. Why the end of October? the timing of their announcement is too much coincidence for me.

above top secret....

Nothings in stone of anything I say believe that. Just working the puzzle
with my pieces.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
With the financial problems of last year via the market and housing, having a "bank holiday" comes as no surprise. It was just a mater of when and not if. However I have heard that such a holiday would most likely be put off until after the holidays due to a last ditch effort to fleece the public one last time.

This of course would only stand if they could prop the system up that long. Now put in the fact that they have been saying that we are in recovery and trying to get people to spend and buy on credit again makes people ripe for the fleecing.

With several nations wanting the end of the dollars reign as the global standard and the proposed SDR replacement, a banking holiday makes sense.

However it could have an opposite effect and cause the dollar to become worthless in an instant globally. Could this be what John was talking about in Rev. 18:11-19???

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

KJV

The US is a great consumer of many of the world products and don't you know the merchants of the world would cry if we stopped or couldn't buy the products. Not saying that this possible bank holiday will cause the scenario but makes me wonder.

Personally I'm opting for the first quarter of next year but then again if she busts on the 27th...I just feel sorry for the people.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pluto64
Well, I hate to say this but I for one am looking forward to a “Bank Holiday” for a few days. When the sheeple can’t take their money out of the bank, buy food or gas with their ATM or credit card, and they have no cash on hand then this would be a real wake up call for them.

I for one already have my emergency cash on hand, food, and water to not forget guns and ammo to wait this thing out if it happens.

I do need to have my camera in good working order because if this does happen I want to take plenty of pictures of people at the bank or grocery store trying to get their money and or buy food with their piece of plastic that no longer work.

Now of course I’m not totally sadistic about this, and I have tried to warn people that I know to be prepared. I’m just a little tired of getting that “you must be crazy look” back at me when I tried to inform people that it’s always smart to at least be a little prepared for unexpected problems as they arise.

You are probably not the only one wishing for something like this to happen. If a closing of banks does cause a disruption, with a corresponding loss of faith, this will surely start a tide of money withdrawels that won't stop till the banks close their doors for even longer. Many people who follow a more "being prepared" philosophy have been waiting for everything to fall apart for a while, waiting for their beliefs to be "justified". I also follow this way of thinking, and wonder how we have continued to make it this far without total chaos. All seems like a ticking time bomb to me. I also am tired of trying to warn people, and getting the blank stare as if I'm speaking a foreign language. And I must confess that after having an argument with a relative about what's coming down the pike, I will get much pleasure in telling her , "I told you so"!! Sorry if that seems cruel. Too bad.

As far as the banks go, the faith of the customer is the only thing holding these institutions together now. Most have squeezed every dollar they can out of the system, and have nothing left to keep them afloat. I feel like if there is even a hint of trouble in the system, customers will line up quickly for their money, and as anyone knows, the money will be unavailable very quickly. Then the real problems start. There is no where near enough actual cash in any one banking system to give all the customers their money. And you can figure out the rest.

As I mentioned in another thread, and still believe, someone is going to be right about their predictions sooner or later. Will this be the time???

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

The identity of the great city is being defined in this passage. It is not a country. It is not 'the USA'.

Who is clothed in linen? And why are the colors purple and scarlet?
(Linen is reserved for the High Priest who only wears this once a year to enter the Holy of Holies. The purple and scarlet are the colors worn in priestly robes. These colors were first derrived from a snail found off the coast of Tyre.)

Imo, the great city refers to the Holy Roman Empire who still boasts to this day that it has not ever been conquered.

It is religions who have misled people and have caused most of the divisions between people. Many wars have been fought in the name of religion. It's time for the fall and destruction. It's time for the age of superstition to end.

Somewhere down the line we will find that money and banking all tie in to this Holy Roman Empire. The collective religious institutions hold more wealth than any government on this earth.

What does the Vatican, the city of London, and Wash., D.C. all have in common?
That's a big clue.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Will Obama's face be on the new Amero bill?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I hope you didn't feel that I was saying that it was the US, I was just wondering if it could be alluding to it. Yes John does refer to a "city", however he seems to refer to something more than just a city but time will tell.

My point is, could such a banking holiday cause such an event described by John and or is such an event desired by TPTB? It just seems to me that using a banking holiday is an easy way to fleece the public for every last penny they have.

Ultimately its not about money or greed but the control of the masses. The whole goal is to get us lined up like sheep for the slaughter. Can I get a BAAAAAAAA here!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join