It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANKING HOLIDAY coming on Oct 27, 09?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
FYI.....If you are a credit union member, call them and ask them if they will be closed from Oct 31 to Nov 2nd and for what....or just google "credit unions closed for upgrades"...this may astound you

EXAMPLE

[edit on 10-10-2009 by RolandBrichter]

OK

I did what you suggested. What am I looking for?
I'm unastounded ! ( is that even a word)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
OK

I did what you suggested. What am I looking for?
I'm unastounded ! ( is that even a word)

Look closer.....does it not strike you in the least bit curious that so many credit unions nationwide are closed for three or four days for "data system upgrades"?

Most any software can be "hot swapped"without any kind of closure, and this has been done many times in the past..if hardware..why do this all at once nationally...

You be the judge...if it means nothing to you, simply ignore it...

I find it quite curious

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
LULZ , after Hurricane Fran I always keep 2-4 weeks of Batteries, Fuel, Food and water availabe.

Oh yeah and some ammo to defend it!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have been telling everyone to buy silver dimes,etc.
My latest rant has to do with my newfound knowledge that the COINS we now use are minted by the treasury while the DOLLARS are printed by the fed,etc.Well,why not trade bills for coins?Costs nothing,but is slightly bulky,I understand.Better that than a bunch of nothing.This way you are already converted to treasury wealth if and when this little bit of effluvium does impact the wind generator machine.A fat roll of quarters is useful as well.Just remember to let go in a shipwreck.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
First time I reply sth on this website, but I find it fantastic, it just keeps my mind open to all possibilities and I agree with most of the conspiracies theories.

I'm sure it's not only me, but the level of fake optimism has reached such a high level, especially now with Obama's Nobel Prize (gimme a break...what a shame), that I can almost feel that something HUGE is coming up. I know, this is nothing new but what I mean is that when you see the level of corruption and manipulation in the market to produce this gigantic rally, it's like everything is made to create a sense of optimism, and it's made so fast (again, Obama Nobel prize could have waited a few years before we all can see the results of his 'outstanding' politics), so fast that I feel in my guts that it's almost as if they were racing against time.

My point is the SPEED at which all that is happening, it's like when you make bigger and bigger and BIGGER lies because you sense that the guy in front of you is getting close to debunking you.

I don't exactly know the reason, if I had to guess I would say that they have to create the conditions to create panic to enforce the swine flu vaccine, whose madness is getting acknowledged by more and more people.

Many people on this website will probably agree if I say that EVERYTHING is planned from a long long time to create the perfect storm, but, the closer you get to it, the more obvious it becomes, hence the speed at which they have to move to keep people connecting the dots.

They want to crush people, and with a market and dollar crash, a pandemic, lethal vaccines and codex alimentarius, it may well be hell on earth very soon. (ps : isn't the Id of the vaccine something like two letters followed by 666 !!! ? ) Any of these things happening one by one, people could get back at the gov, but not if all at once.

What better way to take people's money than to crash the market, the banks, make them sick or die. As a side effect, unemployment would improve dramatically, and the economy can start over again with all problems (govt's, not yours) 'solved' ...

I remember that I saw Steven Greer in a video saying that he had talked to Obama and had warned him that he would publicly disclose on a large scale the existence of extraterrestrials (and probably at the same time, the fact that the US gov has technologies that could solve all energy and pollution problems), BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR. So, this could be another reason they are running out of time because, if this info gets out on a large scale, too many people are going to ask questions.

What do you guys think about that ?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wasn't there a recent thread about the "Time-Zero" stuff that said, according to the Time-Zero chart, something 'big' is going to occur on October 26? The chart was enlarged to the point that it even showed the hour (it was around mid-day but I couldn't figure out the source of time - GMT, EST, beats me).

After looking at the Time-Zero videos I have to say that it sounds like a bunch of BS - at least the end-time of late 2012 is concerned - but if something 'big' does occur on October 26th, I guess I'll have to reconsider.

Interesting post...thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

FYI.....If you are a credit union member, call them and ask them if they will be closed from Oct 31 to Nov 2nd and for what....or just google "credit unions closed for upgrades"...this may astound you

EXAMPLE

One credit union I looked at, indicated this on their website:

All branches will be closed October 31, due to the PFCU/DECU system conversion. Beginning the evening of October 30 and extending through the weekend, you may not have access to the phone or online banking systems, branch ATM's, ATM/Debit cards and the shared branching system. Please visit our branches in advance to withdraw cash or order checks. We apologize for any inconvenience

Source

Sounds like their is a common system or linkage that credit unions are changing to on the dates.

Wondering if it is just Credit Unions or if Banks are also potentially doing this.

delius

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
City of Memphis Credit Union is open and running those days. They are only off for Columbus Day and Thanksgiving

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

If this happens could it mean the North American Trade Union would become reality ??

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've been in IT (consultant for many businesses) for 17+ years, and you just don't do computer upgrades at the beginning of the month -nor- the end of the month. Beginning of the month screws up the bean counters (accountants who need to have their month-end closeouts #s completedn) and end of the month screws up all your sales/customer service people who are trying to process their orders to meet their month-end quotas.

You do -all- planned upgrades between the 10th-20th of the month for every industry I've ever been in.

With that in mind, yes it is odd that the first several google results showed the same:

www.hfcu.info...
Heritage Federal Credit Union will conduct a data system upgrade starting Wednesday, October 28, 2009 through Monday, November 2, 2009

www.westerracu.com...
Online Banking, 24-Hour Phone Banking and CU Service Centers will be unavailable from Saturday, October 31 through Sunday evening, November 1.

www.primesourcecu.org...
When is the upgrade taking place? Beginning the close of business (6:00 p.m.)
on Friday, October 30th through Monday, November 2nd.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Look closer.....does it not strike you in the least bit curious that so many credit unions nationwide are closed for three or four days for "data system upgrades"?

Most any software can be "hot swapped"without any kind of closure, and this has been done many times in the past..if hardware..why do this all at once nationally...

You be the judge...if it means nothing to you, simply ignore it...

I find it quite curious

Software can be "hot swapped?" What does that even mean? Hot swap refers to replacing a disk drive in most cases, I've never ever heard it used in the case of a software upgrade because there is no such thing.

A software upgrade often takes 2-3 days if it is a major upgrade. If this is simply a patch then, yeah, that can be done quickly but a major upgrade requires a complete system backup and often times, migration of all the application data to a new storage platform plus installation of new servers.

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about here.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We also need to keep in mind that the tax extension ends October 15th. Business's thought they would have recovered by now but did not and when it gets time to pay the piper they will be forced to file bankruptsy causing more loss across the board. Banks, jobs, more industry, credit ect. So October 27thish looks more likely to me than any other date predicted thus far.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, I hate to say this but I for one am looking forward to a “Bank Holiday” for a few days. When the sheeple can’t take their money out of the bank, buy food or gas with their ATM or credit card, and they have no cash on hand then this would be a real wake up call for them.

I for one already have my emergency cash on hand, food, and water to not forget guns and ammo to wait this thing out if it happens.

I do need to have my camera in good working order because if this does happen I want to take plenty of pictures of people at the bank or grocery store trying to get their money and or buy food with their piece of plastic that no longer work.

Now of course I’m not totally sadistic about this, and I have tried to warn people that I know to be prepared. I’m just a little tired of getting that “you must be crazy look” back at me when I tried to inform people that it’s always smart to at least be a little prepared for unexpected problems as they arise.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Over 9,000 Credit Unions are listed by state and city.

creditunionaccess.com...

I bet you'll find 99.9 % of the 9000 will be open!

I don't have the time or the inclination to follow up on silly rumors and paranoia.

Have at it!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Oct 31 is a Saturday, Nov 1 is a Sunday, so only Nov 2nd is a business day. This seams to me, uneventfull. I work for a credit union, we do our system upgrades over the weekend as well, although we never close our business for even 1 business day. We have no scheduled closures.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I checked, and my credit union says they will be open. However, I didn't really expect them to announce ahead of time if there were going to be this type of banking holiday. I've heard the rumors from multiple sources as well. I already have at least a months worth of food stored up. Keep in mind that many of us may have to feed our relatives who laughed at us before. Our relatives don't have any sense of humility, so I don't look forward to it at all.

If the dollar loses value, which it may, it might be smart to stock up a little bit on things we use regularly but have to be imported. Coffee, spices like cinnamon, etc. I get my cosmetics from a foreign company, so I made that order last week. Just think about the things you use regularly and what is imported. I can easily use up the things I've stocked up on, even if there is no crisis.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Simply just don't know who to listen to or what to believe now. mm

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't buy any of this, people are always dooming and glooming and nothing ever comes true. An interesting fact though, yesterday over $13,000 was mistakenly transferred into my account. Maybe people are hastily moving money around and screwed up, I'll talk the bank sometime next week. I'm not in too much of a hurry, I'll let them sweat a bit.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Cosmetics????......seriously?

if the shtf......you need to have your cosmetics???

I despair

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Same problem...New look

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart
The new banking system, in order to maintain as much stability world-wide, it must offer to replace the trillions of dollars being held by foreigners on a one-for-one basis, replacing the old Federal Reserve notes with the new notes, presumably US Treasury notes.

Far too many people, corporations and countries have far too many US Fed Notes to be able to absorb the sudden loss of any value of the US Fed Notes, so any new banking system must offer to replace the old notes with new notes on a 1-for-1 basis.

In Vegas , I think they call that kissing your sister.

Still leaves "trillions" of "dollars" in the global monetary system (the problem).

No net gain.

The beauty of the end of the Fed and the start of the new banking system is that the US can then offer to have the many trillions of old Fed notes -- in electronic form, as well as paper form -- be loaned to the US, so that it can survive the current crisis without inflating the old currency with worthless printing of yet more old Fed Res notes. The foreigners who loan the old Fed notes to the US can then be repaid in interest and principal with the new US notes and they can then use the new notes with confidence, as long as the new notes are handled with transparency and full accountability.

New currencies are issued by governmental decree , it's not a voluntary process. The "old" paper currency would immediately be replaced by the "new" as it re-entered the banking system , then repatriated to the US for retirement....digital currency would be replaced automatically. There would be no need for the US to borrow the "old Fed notes" , especially at interest.

The "old Fed notes" would no longer be acceptable for the settlement of international trade , or public/private debt.....iow , zero help for the current financial crises.

If you're implying some form of duel currency system (fiat as opposed to bi-metalism) , where old Fed notes & new "US Treasury notes" would coexist as legal tender , then you have effectively doubled the amount of currency in circulation.

Besides , could the US really afford to pay interest on the unfathomable amount of $USD in circulation ? We'll be lucky if we don't ultimately default on our existing and future Treasury obligations.

What we refer to as a dollar crises , is really a crises of confidence....reflecting the stewardship of US monetary authorities.

Abysmal at best.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join