It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANKING HOLIDAY coming on Oct 27, 09?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This thread on the banking holiday topic is NOT intended to create fear, nor to spread any sort of hopelessness amongst you -- it is intended as a FYI just in case this possible event of a banking holiday in the US does happen.

Benjamin Fulford in his blog...

benjaminfulford.typepad.com...

...has stated in his blog this...

High level discussions will continue October 7th and 8th and, if no solution is reached, there will be major panic starting around October 27th when the financial system is expected to be shut down for a week or so. No matter what they try, reality will prevail over illusion.

...that is an indication that some major things may soon happen with the US banking system.

Cliff High in Half Past Human has stated in his web bot system that something big could happen on Oct 27, so that's another source and his website and web bot systems have been debated in various threads in this forum, so many people are already familiar with what he has to say on this topic.

Insiders are also discussing about something big happening with the banking system at the end of October, which is a bit over two weeks away at the time of the original post.

So what to do with something like this looming so closely?

The first thing is NOT to put out fear, or do any fear-mongering and this thread/post is NOT fear-mongering, as it is a FYI to warn you of the possibility of this event happening, so that you can be prepared to the best extent that you can be.

Secondly, if you feel better being a bit more prepared, then go ahead and stock up on food as much as you can. Try to stock up on food in such a way that you won't have to go shopping for an entire week after Oct 27 -- just in case. Stock up on water as well. Stock up on whatever makes you feel better and a bit more prepared. Just in case! It's better to be prepared than to be caught flat-footed. If you can afford it, stock up in excess of what you need, so that you can share with others who may need some food. Prepare for the worst, visualize the best is the motto here.

Thirdly, if there is a banking holiday of about a week or so, the entire system is NOT going to shut down, but there certainly may likely be some supply-chain interruptions, hence the value of being prepared just in case. The power grid will be fine; the TV broadcast system will be fine; the phone system will be fine; schools may still operate and most stores may still function, though some may have some supplies interrupted, as well food stocks on hand stripped down a bit, but not totally; most jobs may still function.

Fourthly, this event, happening at the end of a month and going into the first part of the next month, could put some strain on the finances of many, so, if you can, save up some cash to carry you through that week or so -- physical cash, not cash in the banks.

Fifthly, be sure to have a full tank of gas in your vehicles, if you have any vehicles and, if you can safely store gas, having a couple of 5-gallon gas cans that don't leak could be handy for not just you, but others as well; however, gas should be still available for at least several days into the one-week-or-so banking holiday. Store them in a cool spot outside and not in any enclosed structure.

Keep in mind that this possible banking holiday, if it happens, would be a very good thing, eventually, as it would likely mean the death of the Federal Reserve and the birth of a new banking system; hopefully, the new system would be one that would be transparent and accountable. We'll see.

If this banking holiday does happen and you find yourself with some unexpected free time, try to use that time to do things that make you feel good, to help others, to visualize peace, to meditate, to read books, to connect with others in real time and on the Internet and to PARTY! Halloween time -- have FUN!

Fear not -- things will work out. Fear not.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If this does happen, it will be the end of the U.S. Dollar as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwoTechnics
If this does happen, it will be the end of the U.S. Dollar as well.

Yes, I agree with that.

The new banking system, in order to maintain as much stability world-wide, it must offer to replace the trillions of dollars being held by foreigners on a one-for-one basis, replacing the old Federal Reserve notes with the new notes, presumably US Treasury notes.

Far too many people, corporations and countries have far too many US Fed Notes to be able to absorb the sudden loss of any value of the US Fed Notes, so any new banking system must offer to replace the old notes with new notes on a 1-for-1 basis.

The beauty of the end of the Fed and the start of the new banking system is that the US can then offer to have the many trillions of old Fed notes -- in electronic form, as well as paper form -- be loaned to the US, so that it can survive the current crisis without inflating the old currency with worthless printing of yet more old Fed Res notes. The foreigners who loan the old Fed notes to the US can then be repaid in interest and principal with the new US notes and they can then use the new notes with confidence, as long as the new notes are handled with transparency and full accountability.

I'm not so sure that this possible banking holiday would happen at the end of October. It's just too soon and not quite the right time for such a crisis to happen, imo. A better time for this kind of crisis would be around the end of November, during which, if the possible TV ET/UFO Disclosure happens at that time, it can be a very effective one-two punch of change that can radically change our world for the better, yet without causing massive destabilization.

To have the Fed/dollar collapse with no immediate and fair replacement would be extremely destabilizing and dangerous; to have a banking holiday, an end of the Fed, with a concurrent shift to a far-more-fair and transparent financial system that offers a 1-for-1 exchange for the old notes, as well as an offer to have the world LOAN the old notes to the US, with the repayment being done in the new notes would be highly beneficial for not only the US, for for everyone else in the world.

And the punch of the mind-blowing UFO Disclosure would give hope to many millions in the world, as it would radically change our entire perspective of who we are, of how we function as humans and give hope for true, positive change in many ways, including the eventual release of the long-suppressed free energy devices that are now so-badly needed in our world.

So I would prefer that the massive banking changes and possible banking holiday to happen around the end of Nov, not at the end of Oct.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wasn't this supposed to happen last month? And the month before that?
It's a monthly thing apparently.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

Exactly, the last prediction I herd for a bankers holiday was for the end of Sept. With gold prices well over a $1000, I guess it's just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's a little bit of Odd Coincidence for you...

Now I watch the foreclosed home auctions... normally a home put up for auction is sent to an agent (Realtor) they let then handle all the paperwork... At least that's how it's normally done...

but then this week we got a large number of properties with this unusual statement

NOTE: CASH PURCHASERS ONLY. MUST CLOSE WITHIN 5 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

NO RESERVE over the Starting Bid. Any bid at or above the starting bid wins the property. The buyer will pay ALL closing costs back taxes and or liens if any. Seller will not pay any costs to close these properties. Please do your research in advance of placing a bid. There is no listing agency agent assigned to this property

So whoever this bank is... if you bid on and win one of these homes ...you have to pay them in cash before OCT 20th and they will just hand you a quit claim deed and walkaway... this is not how banks normally do business folks... and not the way to buy a house... someone is dumping for whatever they can get... Quick!!!!
This is just one of these listings

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This bank holiday predicition has been popping up about every month since last September.

If it didn't happen last October when we were 4 hours from a total financial meltdown then it isn't going to happen, period.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
NWO havent got Europe! Thats the key!!!
They should have owned it LAST YEAR, but Ireland messed with their plans and they had to wait until this year, 2 october!

Thats WHY nothing have happened - until now!

The key:
en.wikipedia.org...

Without Europe TPTB have NOTHING!
Now, they are VERY close to have it!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
Sneak Attack on U.S Dollar

[edit on 10-10-2009 by TwoTechnics]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
With all the rumors, a October crash has the potential to become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Ive pulled my money out of the stock market.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This has come up many times before, but it has always mentioned the same date, the end of this October.

I have heard it enough times by seemingly reliable sources, that I am not going to take a chance. I think I will pull out a large sum of what I have, the week before this happens. I can always put it back later.

If it had only been one or two stories, I could blow it off a lot easier. The fact is though I have been reading about this over and over for a few months at least. All from different sources. All being able to back up their stories. Oddly it has all come from other countries. No mention here. At first I blindly thought nonsense. Now, I smell something rotten.

Better safe than sorry. This is just, entirely too probable.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not sure about the the 27th of Oct.

I would place a big bet on the 12th of Oct though.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

This is fresh doom, thank you.

Second line flotilla.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwoTechnics
news.yahoo.com...
Sneak Attack on U.S Dollar

[edit on 10-10-2009 by TwoTechnics]

The dollar is weak and vulnerable to rumor-mongering because many traders believe it will only get weaker. “The fundamental reason why this occurred is that after 9.8 percent unemployment on Friday, nobody can say with certainty that the recovery is sustainable,”

This is a little off topic but that yahoo article tipped-toed around the topic of a weakening dollar without even hinting of the fact that the US is multi-trillions in debt and that is the elephant in the room.

What a joke of an article.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

This is fresh doom, thank you.

Second line flotilla.

You really like your doom, don't you, Plucky, eh?
I noticed that.

And you must be well-prepared as well, pistol-pack'n and all. Just don't go to soccer matches with that pistol.

Say, isn't that Allison Carroll in your avatar? She's hot.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
FYI.....If you are a credit union member, call them and ask them if they will be closed from Oct 31 to Nov 2nd and for what....or just google "credit unions closed for upgrades"...this may astound you

EXAMPLE

[edit on 10-10-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Has any Webbot predictions ever came true, if so can anyone provide me some information on this

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't understand. Why do people panic just because bank workers take a Holiday? Do they not have families? Do they not have private lives???? ARE THEY NOT HUMAN BEINGS???

I'd be more concerned if we declared a Bar Holiday. No place to go watch every NFL game simultaneously on BIG SCREEN HDTVs??

Do THAT and you will see panic, my friends.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
All the MSM is talking about is this so called recovery........I almost spit out my breakfast this morning when I heard they are predicting a 3% growth in 4th quarter earnings overall or something like that. WTF?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Are they human beings? Sometimes you have to wonder
Honestly let's think about this..............insurance and banking are two of the most vile, corrupt organizations on Earth. They produce NOTHING and take EVERYTHING.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join