It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens shoot down NASA LCROSS probe before Impact: Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The moon would be too bright to take direct pics, NASA said in conference. They skewed the alignment, so Hubble could collate data by 'squinting' at the moon.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Phage
Hubble is operated by NASA. What's your point? If Hubble had reported anything you wouldn't dismiss it as being from the dreaded NASA?

How come is it that when we talked about seeing Apollo stuff on the Moon evryone said Hubble cannot see anything in detail on the Moon...

Yet now all of a sudden Hubble CAN see detail on the Moon?

What a load of crap... either it can or it can't...

undated article
www.nasa.gov...

The Hubble telescope is known for its views of faraway galaxies, distant planets, dying stars, and black holes. Hubble's snapshots of the moon, however, represent the first time that scientists have used the telescope to support human space exploration. Scientists enlisted Hubble's help because they needed to use ultraviolet light to help find signatures of lunar materials enriched in oxygen. Since ultraviolet light is blocked by gases in the Earth's atmosphere, ground-based telescopes can't use it to observe the lunar surface. But Hubble, orbiting above Earth's atmosphere, can see in ultraviolet light. The telescope mapped variations in reflections of ultraviolet light off the lunar surface to search for specific mineral fingerprints........

.......The Apollo descent stages left on the lunar surface are too small to be seen by Hubble, which can see objects as small as 60-75 yards, about three-quarters the length of a soccer field. The left-behind descent stages are only about the size of a small truck.

These observations weren't easy. The moon is a difficult target for Hubble because it moves across the sky faster than Hubble can track it and is very dim in ultraviolet light. The observations required steady, precise, as well as long exposures to search for the resources. In spite of these challenges, Hubble was able to image all of its targets, and early results show that Hubble can detect ilmenite at the Apollo 17 site from 248,000 miles (400,000 km) away.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Hi Red,
I know you're not talking to me, but are you talking to somebody in particular, or everyone who has some doubt about the "Moonshot". Whatever, it seems to me that the whole mission was a "Shot in NASA's own foot anyway. It was not an imperative scientific mission like "as now" but it did waste a lot of precious money that should have been better spent for longer term projects like a robotic Moon rover,(especially when NASA is saying they won't have the money for another manned Moon landing) The Lacross mission did not make any sense, no matter how far back the planning began. Would it also have been technically possible to have had the original rovers made robotic as well as manual, I don't know, but if so, it sure was an opportunity missed.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by smurfy]

So again, with NASA shooting itself in the foot, it is still none the less a NASA Operation entirely. It is what it is. My question is, if some folks here, not necessarily you in particular, do not accept NASA's own interpretation of it's own Mission, then who's interpretation of this Mission would you accept?

What other external agencies are privy to full info from this mission? I didn't know there were any.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I want the $79 million back.
We need more bang for our buck.
I checked the Palomar Observatory website.
They have an MPEG movie of the area.
I see nothing!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Rocket booster slams into moon at nearly 6,000 mph and no one can claim to have seen or photographed it... besides a few 'select' infrared NASA images that could be of my barbecue grill at full throttle.

Large observatories, thousands of amateur astronomers (who regularly identify asteroids and comets), an orbiter supposedly right overhead, all focused on the same small patch of the moon and nothing even resembling an impact that should have been easily seen by anyone with a good telescope and the knowledge of where to look.

And you know, I won't rule out the possibility that NASA did allow all the media hype to play out so that they could, in the end, get a big belly laugh. But seems to me that they were expecting the same thing as we were... until it didn't happen.

Oh, and let's not neglect that this is ATS and not some golden age website for retired NASA personnel. Speaking strictly for myself, I come here to discuss this kind of thing... to debate the conspiracy theory.

If I wanted to roll over and kick my feet for every MSM press release, I would be hanging out at Mechanic's Home Journal or the Gold Coast Denture Re-liner Weekly.

I think NASA is sitting on something here... besides tax money.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I want the $79 million back.
We need more bang for our buck.
I checked the Palomar Observatory website.
They have an MPEG movie of the area.
I see nothing!

While $79 mil is a healthy amount of dough to invest in what some here agree was a dud mission, I should hardly think that an MPEG movie from an external site would be considered a good trade. NASA has all of the meters, monitors and cameras. Palomar has a telescope. Is there any other agency outside of NASA that is privy to all of the data that NASA has gathered or not gathered as it were on the LCROSS Mission?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

This whole mission was stupid.
We put 2 cool rovers on Mars.
Lets put 2 on the moon.
--------------------------------------
That huge telescope on Palomar with a 200 inch mirror
and adaptive optics should have seen something.

they can't do that.. it wouldn't be expensive enough ..

second line

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yeah The ESA

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by JPhish

If it was for something else, why show it live?

Why even announce it at all?

Because according to them, there was supposed to be a 6 mile high plume of dust. Kinda hard to explain some random dust cloud to all those crazy conspiracy astronomers out there. God knows what kind of crazy talk they will start.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk alienhunter
Its astounding that anyone in here thinks anything actually went wrong.. This mission for those of you that dont know went fine and the fact that nothing was seen in the visible spectrum is also fine and was half expected as the spacecraft impacted a deep crater.

as much as i believe the alien presence around and on the earth i cant help but laugh at all the stupid conspiracy storys that pop out of every nasa mission... im sure u could even find a conspiracy about a nasa janitor using the toilet for anything other than just taking a leak or a crap...lol

wake up people too many conspiracys ruins the whole credibablity of our cause..

[edit on 10-10-2009 by uk alienhunter]

I have to agree slightly. The kid in me likes to think aliens shot it down, but the beer in me thinks otherwise. However, nothing is always as it seems. There is definitely more to this whacky wonderful world of Disney/Nasa

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You have to just laugh. No impact. HA HA HAH HAAAA!!! Everything NASA does will fail. It's a joke. A cover story. Who's idea was it to send this probe to the moon? Are you serious? What is the big deal? The technology already exists to detect water here on earth and from earth. So in the meantime someone has to come up with another great distraction from what's really going on. . . . "Hey I got a great idea of how we can prove there is water on the moon!!!!!" "Yeah that will keep all of the earthlings occupied with such stupidity. Water on the moon. Now that's important to know." . . . I wonder how long it's going to take all of those super duber computers to go over all of this data and come back with an error. The hell with the spectrometer thingamajigs and all that junk orbiting around earth. Think about all the millions that already got sucked up into space. No problem. They'll just keep printing money. Papers cheap and so is ink. This latest NASA stunt will prove how dumbed down the earth's population is. I mean throw a party their shutting down the shuttle after all these years!!!!!! Now all we have to do is SHUT DOWN NASA!!!!! It's a waste of money!!! Nobody cares about all these failed useless rock expeditions. Oh look another black and white video of the moon. Oh wow a picture of a rock. Oh wow. The suspense is killing me. I think now I have lived a fulfilling life. I've seen it all. I think I'll just die now. Take my brain . . . . make babies.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

LOL

2nd LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Yeah The ESA

Thank You, Zorgon! Somebody gave me a nice, cut and dry answer. I appreciate it.

Cheers and Thanks again,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

this mission was a cover for something else, that's all i know. They weren't looking for water, they already know there is water on the moon.

cosign

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

According to nasa, here's the flash (explosion
).

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I theorize that the Moon Kings knew well in advance about star wars (not the cinematic version) and intercepted a classified military maneuver. Why would it be that far fetched?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
looool...... anything is possible....... hmmmmmmmm.............

www.astroengine.com...

page... 6666

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I was about to say the very same thing. I just don't buy the thermal signature statement. Especially after the transmission was cut out so suddenly and after so many astronomers waking up in the early morning could see squat all.

Any company knowing the risks of this mission, would surely have a contingency failure plan; and in my speculation of possible probabilities that thermal signature would be the best contestant so far.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Looks like "Santa Claus" might exist afterall. If you all really want to get to the bottom of what really might have happened/gone wrong, ask the guy at the end of the Live feed who didnt seem to share the rest of the teams congratulory stance.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I read this and I hear a little voice say "Little Dudes! You can't just like go blown stuff up on the moon....like seriously...thats just not ok, when we gave you this technology we expected you to respect mother nature, so stop blowing stuff up in space, play nice, or we'll take your toys away."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join