It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water related UFO/USO phenomenon: Suboceanic Intelligence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

The video of an underwater high speed object is just a wave breaking. Look closer and you will see many waves breaking around it at the same speed and direction.

I can see your going to some effort to dig up some decent reports on USO's but all you seem to be finding at this point are unsited reported accounts. Not very credible at all im afraid. If you really do want to learn how to become a decent researcher than you have to look for stories that link you first hand reports. Real captains log entries / police / coast guard reports etc. The more first hand reports you can find regarding a reported account the more credible it becomes.

Some of my shoreline potography

[edit on 11-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose

The video of an underwater high speed object is just a wave breaking. Look closer and you will see many waves breaking around it at the same speed and direction.

I can see your going to some effort to dig up some decent reports on USO's but all you seem to be finding at this point are unsited reported accounts. Not very credible at all im afraid.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

I disagree. There is clearly a luminous substance or object retreating right to left from the shoreline at a high rate of speed that has a lighter blue sheen that is incongruous with the coloring of the surrounding water plus it does not look like the rest of the reflections on the water's surface that appear in the form of sparkles that have a blink of an eye existence visually.

This luminous object has the appearance of being under the water with the waves actually going over it from a different direction entirely than that of the anomaly.

Thanks and Cheers,

Erik

edit to add:

upon closer look at the video, I cannot disagree that your interpretation may in fact be the correct one. The blurry nature of the capture makes it impossible to verify either way. Thanks!

Cheers again,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmSun, 11 Oct 2009 14:02:55 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Heres a video posted a while ago - I could of course be very wrong but it doesn't look like a fish to me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Heres a video posted a while ago - I could of course be very wrong but it doesn't look like a fish to me.

Cheers

That is an interesting vid. It does have a little hint of an outline around it in some of the frames that seems to show up in other CG stuff. Kind of like the artifact was created first and then dropped into the existing footage. I'm trying to see the reaction of the diver. The other thing that bothers me slightly about it is how for the most part the object stays fairly centered in the capture. I would think that this would be hard to do considering how fast it's going and for resistance reasons. I'm probably entirely off but those are the flags or questions that came up while I was watching it.

Getting film footage of this phenomenon is harder than pulling hen's teeth I tell you. If there weren't so many accounts I would think the whole thing a fairy tale. But there are multiple, numerous accounts from both civilian and military sources. Frustrating!

Cheers and thanks, Karl

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is a verbal account of an incident that took place in 1887 of a "fireball" like sphere that rose up out of the ocean next to a ship.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Good find

Thats sounds a bit like this incident from Puerto Rico in 1977:

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Good find

Thats sounds a bit like this incident from Puerto Rico in 1977:

Cheers.

That is quite similar. I think having the police involved also makes it that much more credible and compelling. This is an impressive case!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He is led to believe that he is being tested as a messenger, one of many others being groomed by the aliens to communicate important information to the populace about events that are going to happen in the future. As an example, he is told that great portions of land and complete cities are going to disappear within a short period of time, becoming oceans or lakes. The aliens hope to prevent some of these disasters and save millions of people.

source

This is one of the many articles I've read about beings trying to warn us of impending disaster of this nature, and as I live in a coastal state this topic certainly has my attention.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65

He is led to believe that he is being tested as a messenger, one of many others being groomed by the aliens to communicate important information to the populace about events that are going to happen in the future. As an example, he is told that great portions of land and complete cities are going to disappear within a short period of time, becoming oceans or lakes. The aliens hope to prevent some of these disasters and save millions of people.

source

This is one of the many articles I've read about beings trying to warn us of impending disaster of this nature, and as I live in a coastal state this topic certainly has my attention.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Orion65]

Thank you for the contribution. For my own taste, this is just a little too speculative for me. I myself steer clear of prophecies, galactic federations, space brothers, channeling or any of the like. I will always entertain possibilities but I will never, ever, ever take them as wrote. Science has always been my friend and I will continue to be quite chummy with it.

Just the idea of Extraterrestrials, Extradimensional Craft, Extraterrestrial Craft, Ghosts, Psychic Phenomena, Poltergeists, et al, is fringe and liberal enough. It's analysis therefore should entail an open mind and a critical eye. A conservative approach in it's studious pursuit and almost certainly in it's application should there be any found.

That's where I sit on matters such as this. I feel cozy and at home with the likes of Hynek, Vallee, Hall, Hastings, Balthaser, Bishop and Kiel. These are my literary friends full of sane deductive reasoning with just enough wonder and speculation so as not to let the study and research stagnate.

There is a vast difference between a speculator/suppositionist and researcher/scientist. I consider myself humbly with the latter.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I take most speculation I see or read with a grain of salt, so to speak.

(Which explains why I have no intention of moving as of yet.
)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65

I take most speculation I see or read with a grain of salt, so to speak.

(Which explains why I have no intention of moving as of yet.
)

Nice! Yup. Don't sell the bicycle shop yet, Wilber until you know the sucker flies first! (Ha! I love aviation humor. I kill me!)

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks like Russia is way ahead of us in it's apparent declassification of it's USO/UFO incidents. Particularly involving the Russian Navy:

Russian Navy UFO records say aliens love oceans permalinke-mail story to a friendprint version 21 July, 2009, 18:56 The Russian navy has declassified its records of encounters with unidentified objects technologically surpassing anything humanity ever built, reports Svobodnaya Pressa news website. Yahoo StumbleUpon Google Live Technorati del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mixx Propeller The records dating back to soviet times were compiled by a special navy group collecting reports of unexplained incidents delivered by submarines and military ships. The group was headed by deputy Navy commander Admiral Nikolay Smirnov, and the documents reveal numerous cases of possible UFO encounters, the website says. Vladimir Azhazha, former navy officer and a famous Russian UFO researcher, says the materials are of great value. Read more “Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water,” he said. On one occasion a nuclear submarine, which was on a combat mission in the Pacific Ocean, detected six unknown objects. After the crew failed to leave behind their pursuers by maneuvering, the captain ordered to surface. The objects followed suit, took to the air, and flew away. Many mysterious events happened in the region of Bermuda Triangle, recalls retired submarine commander Rear Admiral Yury Beketov. Instruments malfunctioned with no apparent reason or detected strong interference. The former navy officer says this could be deliberate disruption by UFOs. Vladimir Kremlev for RT. Click to enlarge “On several occasions the instruments gave reading of material objects moving at incredible speed. Calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph. Speeding so fast is a challenge even on the surface. But water resistance is much higher. It was like the objects defied the laws of physics. There’s only one explanation: the creatures who built them far surpass us in development,” Beketov said. Navy intelligence veteran, Captain 1st rank Igor Barklay comments: “Ocean UFOs often show up wherever our or NATO’s fleets concentrate. Near Bahamas, Bermudas, Puerto Rico. They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea.” Another place where people often report UFO encounters is Russia’s Lake Baikal, the deepest fresh water body in the world. Fishermen tell of powerful lights coming from the deep and objects flying up from the water. In one case in 1982 a group of military divers training at Baikal spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits. The encounter happened at a depth of 50 meters, and the divers tried to catch the strangers. Three of the seven men died, while four others were severely injured. “I think about underwater bases and say: why not? Nothing should be discarded,” says Vladimir Azhazha. “Skepticism is the easiest way: believe nothing, do nothing. People rarely visit great depths. So it’s very important to analyze what they encounter there.” Meanwhile Russian Navy officials have denied the collection of UFO-related encounters exists. A source in the Navy’s service staff said the story may have its roots in the reports of vessel commanders, which describe locating objects of unclear but Earthly origin. “An illusion of a UFO encounter can result from large fish shoals, floating garbage or natural phenomena,” ITAR-TASS news agency cites the source.

Source

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmMon, 12 Oct 2009 18:08:52 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
More information on the declassification of the Russian Navy UFO documents:

Russian Navy UFO Encounters –

The Russian navy has released classified records of its UFO encounters over the years with some surprising sightings including an underwater encounter with fatalities.

The UFO encounters of the Russian Navy released include eyewitness reports of alien encounters in the Bermuda Triangle, a fatal encounter with swimming aliens deep in the waters of Lake Baikal, and discussions about possible underwater UFO bases in the deepest part of the world’s oceans.

The Russian navy has declassified its records of encounters with unidentified objects technologically surpassing anything humanity ever built, reports Russia’s Svobodnaya Pressa news website.

The records dating back to Soviet times were compiled by a special navy group collecting reports of unexplained incidents delivered by submarines and military ships. The group was headed by deputy Navy commander Admiral Nikolay Smirnov, and the documents reveal numerous cases of possible UFO encounters, according to the website.

Vladimir Azhazha, former navy officer and a famous Russian UFO researcher, says the materials are of great value. Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more are connected with deep lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water,” he said.

On one occasion a nuclear submarine, which was on a combat mission in the Pacific Ocean, detected six unknown objects. After the crew failed to leave behind their pursuers by maneuvering, the captain ordered to surface. The objects followed suit, took to the air, and flew away.

Bermuda Triangle UFO Encounters

Many mysterious events happened in the region of Bermuda Triangle, recalls retired submarine commander Rear Admiral Yury Beketov. Instruments malfunctioned with no apparent reason or detected strong interference. The former navy officer says this could be deliberate disruption by UFOs.

“On several occasions the instruments gave reading of material objects moving at incredible speed. Calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph. Speeding so fast is a challenge even on the surface. But water resistance is much higher. It was like the objects defied the laws of physics. There’ s only one explanation: the creatures who built them far surpass us in development,” Beketov said.

Navy intelligence veteran, Captain 1st rank Igor Barklay comments: “Ocean UFOs often show up wherever our or NATO’s fleets concentrate. Near Bahamas, Bermudas, Puerto Rico. They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea.”

Lake Baikal UFO Encounter

Another place where people often report UFO encounters is Russia’ s Lake Baikal, the deepest fresh water body in the world. Fishermen tell of powerful lights coming from the deep and objects flying up from the water.

In one case in 1982, a group of military divers training at Baikal spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits. The encounter happened at a depth of 50 meters, and the divers tried to catch the strangers. Three of the seven men died, while four others were severely injured.

“I think about underwater bases and say: why not? Nothing should be discarded,” says Vladimir Azhazha. “Skepticism is the easiest way: believe nothing, do nothing. People rarely visit great depths. So it’ s very important to analyze what they encounter there

Source

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

More interesting info!

The article states three of the seven men died and others were injured. I wonder how they were injured and what killed the three that died? Does it have to do with the beings they reportedly encountered physically harming them, or was it diving related injuries/deaths (the bends, diving too deep or other scuba related accidents, etc.). I wish we had a little bit more info on that subject but my first impression was that the injuries and deaths were probably scuba related.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

I dug around quite a bit and could not find anything else to add. I have to find the Russian equivalent to the FOIA or just be patient enough to get what they give when they give it.

Oh well. I will continue to update this thread as info avails. To interesting and important not to.

Thanks Orion!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I just found this link www.ufologie.net... I was searching for more information on South Georgia Island. This island was reportedly home to an underwater base that was fought over by the US Russia and someone from the Antartic
and supposedly this intense fight led to the Faulkland War.

This is the Eltanin Antenna - discovered deep in the ocean around Cape Horn, reportedly debunked as a "sponge" growing on the ocean floor...
It looks nothing like any organic life form I have ever seen
www.unknowncountry.com...

[edit on 22-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not sure how, but I must have missed this thread the first time around so I plan on reading through it all now and watching the videos.

UFO's and particularly USO's have always held a fascination for me.

Woody

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
here are some of my finds while googling around the interwebs, let me apologize in advance if this stuff has already been posted:

1879 Persian Gulf:
The S.S. Vulture crew reported, two luminous rotating wheels, about 130 ft. across, seen above the water before diving

Source

"Glowing objects were sighted over the Persian Gulf. IRGC air defense targeted one of the objects successfully, forcing it to plummet and sink in the seas off Boushehr (Province),"

Source

can somebody confirm if the vid was indeed taken over the persian gulf? coz if that's the case then it seems that we have unknowns (aliens?) who like that place a lot.

EDIT: to add utsuro bune vid

ATS Thread: Utsuro Bune

[edit on 12.22.09 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

This is the Eltanin Antenna - discovered deep in the ocean around Cape Horn, reportedly debunked as a "sponge" growing on the ocean floor...
It looks nothing like any organic life form I have ever seen
www.unknowncountry.com...

[edit on 22-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

Interresting ... it has been said that it is the image of Cladorhiza Concrescens. Information about this critter of the deep is scarce but I did manage to find a few picture that could account for this. It has been discovered in 1872 in Norway.

In 2003 Tom DeMary, a researcher in underwater acoustics, contacted oceanographer A.F. Amos, who had been aboard the USNS Eltanin in the 1960s, and in turn Amos referred DeMary to the 1971 book The Face of the Deep by Bruce C. Heezen and Charles D. Hollister. It transpired that Hollister had already identified the mysterious object as Cladorhiza Concrescens, a carnivorous sponge. Heezen and Hollister's book reproduces the photograph taken by the USNS Eltanin and a redrawn version of a drawing by Alexander Agassiz which originally appeared in his 1888 Three Cruises of the Blake. Hollister and Heezen describe Cladorhiza Concrescens as a sponge which "somewhat resembles a space-age microwave antenna"[2], while Agassiz described the sponges as having "a long stem ending in ramifying roots, sunk deeply into the mud. The stem has nodes with four to six club-like appendages. They evidently cover like bushes extensive tracts of the bottom".[3]
from wiki

Picture here.

Drawing here.

And a good picture here

More info about the creature.

I'm sorry to burst a good mystery but the pictures of the sponge really look like the Eltanin antenna. There are tons of mystery in the seas, but I don't think this is one.

Greetings from the deep

[edit on 22-12-2009 by grandnic]

[edit on 22-12-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Holy Schnikeys!

I thought this thread went to paranormal heaven. Thanks all for ressurecting it with new and relevant info. Nicely done everyone.

Cheers and Thanks again,

Erik

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join