It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Be the First President to Tell the Truth About UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
With all of the talk on ATS and other sites about disclosure and the seeming acceleration of witnessed UFO events, it does make one wonder if our President, much to his chagrin, will soon disclose the UFO secrets of the U.S. simply out of global pressure by not only the U.S. Citizens but other countries' governments themselves. It seems unimaginable in my lifetime for such a thing to occur as the U.S. seems to have the most face to lose in this regard.

Incoming presidents promise to make the truth known about UFOs, then somehow the subject mysteriously goes away. Will be the one to finally do it? Print View October 9, 2009 (FPRC) -- After decades of waiting for a president to brief the American public on the existence of UFOs, paranormal buffs are now wondering if President Obama will be the first to finally tell the truth about flying saucers and other such matters. The Extraterrestrial Phenomena Political Action Committee is requesting the president ask for a full briefing from the military and government officials on what they know about UFOs. The committee, also known as X-PPAC, is the first group in history to directly target politics and the subject of UFOs. They organized the Million Fax on Washington, a petition where faxes, letters, and e-mails were sent to Obama just after he was elected last November, requesting he bring all UFO secrets into the light and officially end years of government secrets and mysterious cover-ups. But is Obama even interested? "Unlike presidents Carter, Reagan, and Clinton, President Obama appears to have very little interest in UFOs," said filmmaker R. J. Thomas, whose mock-documentary, "The Top Secret UFO Project" parodies UFO sightings and cover-ups. "Obama says he is more concerned about improving people’s lives than he is about aliens." At the close of "The Top Secret UFO Project," it is mentioned that "The Jasper Incident," a UFO-themed, film-within-the-film, was shown to President Bush at the White House in early 2004. The next day, the president told the press that he found the film very entertaining, but said that no spaceships were ever seen or seized by the government, and that anyone who believes in flying saucers is out of his mind. The epilogue is a joke, illustrating the fact that Bush, like most of Washington, was in no hurry to tell the nation about the truth about UFOs. Bush was a ten-year-old boy when the town of Jasper, Colorado, experienced a series of UFO encounters, but, as the president of the United States in 2004, he must continue the tradition of keeping the town of Jasper's secret (and all other known UFO stories) carefully in the closet.

Source and rest of story

U.S. `Ufo' Disclosure - Could It Be Done With Limited Impact? Hello, and welcome back to the UFO Disclosure Countdown Clock (UDCC) - thanks for visiting today. And, today's post - as you can tell from the title above - is whether the U.S. Government has a unique opportunity to pulloff a `UFO disclosure' - similar to what has been done by several nations already. And, indeed, if you haven't been following the news closely, what has `been done' is simply `releasing files' about `UFO reports'. All of these `releases' have basically told the same tales over and over - regardless of country - and - all being similar to what anyone with an interest in UFO's can read on a daily basis on the internet. Indeed, on my other blog called The Heavy Stuff - I recently did a two part look at an old-time RAND report from 1969 about UFO's and `what to do about them' (Link at bottom of page.) - and - all I can say - is that only some aspects (and only by a matter of degree - but, this may be important too) of the UFO phenomena have changed over the last 60 years. Indeed, the `reports' released by these countries have so much in common with what is available on the internet that almost NO surprises are found. The `reports' are rapidly becoming - non-news. After all, what the media is WAITING for is for ONE of the countries to say -- with NO reservation - THAT EARTH is being visited by non-humans from other parts of the universe - who use a `craft' to get to Earth. But, guess what? NO country does THAT when they release these `documents' -even if the analysis - written with the report - is that the `event' suggests `alien involvement'. After all, `analysis' is nothing more than an opinion -- and opinions are like ___holes - everyone has one. And, `subjective' observations - of aliens outside of crafts - can be treated like ANY `eyewitness testimony' - meaning - open to interpretation. Multiple witnesses can be `explained' as mass hallucination or whatever explanation offered by others including holograms or dimensional time or other high strangeness offerings - including Fortean events that have no `cause'. So, ultimately, the Government can `say' - here's the data. You are welcome to study it. Whatever the data represents - it is a rare occurrence. Some of the events are so strange as to suggest causes with physics that humans do not understand. No final determination can be made as to the overall phenomena - make up your own mind. I can even imagine President Obama taking the time for some softball questions by our ever so investigative media -- `what do you think sir' - to which our President will say something like this "well, I've read the report and it does have some interesting testimony and many strange, almost surreal, occurrences - of which I don't know what to make of" "parts of it - do have a security aspect and our military has had an interest in such reports -- but -- I have 100% knowledge that we can defend our airspace - there is NO reason for concern and never, evidently, has been" "And, while a very very limited number of reports over the decades - seem to suggest entities not of human origin - I will leave it to others and the American people what to ultimately believe - because as you know, the mind can play strange tricks" "And, after reviewing this data and talking with our military - I can assure you we are not under any threat. That said, I have instructed MR. _________ to form a taskforce - to review any threats of unknown origin and to yearly provide a look from a security angle about phenomena" And, that will be that. We could have `Disclosure' -- with NO admission of aliens. Indeed, if and when such an event happens - WE SHOULD EXPECT THAT POSITIONING BY THE GOVERNMENT. But, expecting politicians to take on a controversial issue that really gives NO upside - is expecting way too much of our near worthless politicians. But, EVEN if they WERE FORCED - if disclosure was done in the manner above - it could be done with limited impact and indeed - could be LESS than a one week story in the `big serious' media. (OK, I must admit - I've written a post before about REAL UFO Disclosure - meaning - UFO Crafts Sitting In The Skies Over Populated Areas On Purpose --- in that scenario I suggested that in as little as Two Weeks - the media could move it past the number one story - depending on how long the UFO's stayed over the cities and what happened next. That link on the bottom too.) Give me your thoughts. theheavystuff.com... --- my Heavy Stuff post about Aliens Disclosing by sitting in the skies with crafts and how the story could be over in two weeks. theheavystuff.com... Part one of the RAND study. Have you read my political blog yet? realheavypolitics.blogspot.com... I am known as the AnomalyMan on Squidoo - here is my archive - www.squidoo.com... thanks for checking it out.

Source and very interesting blog

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmFri, 09 Oct 2009 22:06:30 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Short answer. No.
Long answer. No.
A combination of the long rhetoric, and the short.
No.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Let me just qualify my thinking by stating that I think the U.S. what with it's multiple accusations of harbored deengineered UFO tech coming from the stern finger pointing of many high ranking officials in the form of current and ex world leaders (i.e. Canada's ex Defense Minister, as well as Great Britain's), were it to suddenly divulge all that it knows, what good standing the U.S. did have would surely be lost and at that point would become the example of what not to do concerning any paranormal phenomena.

I think it is very foolish to think that power could be gleaned by keeping the unexplained secret when it is not even remotely close to being fully understood by those harnessing it let alone the fallacy of wielding it to some significantly glorious end of which I haven't even the foggiest of what that could be.

It's like giving a lightsabre to a chimp. Funny yet devastating.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Short answer. No.
Long answer. No.
A combination of the long rhetoric, and the short.
No.

Don't hold back now! I want you to be able to say freely and without fear of repression exactly what you mean.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The military still won't even admit to Area 51 being real....it took the Air Force years to admit to the stealth bomber....they've come up with numerous explanations for the whole Roswell thing....I really don't think they are going to admit to anything.....

The government has kept too many secrets over the years...I don't think TPTB are interested in filling in us little folk with the truth about anything....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
NAH,

the first true disclosure in my humble oppinion will come from the aliens themselves...

IMHO

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnieNakki
The military still won't even admit to Area 51 being real....it took the Air Force years to admit to the stealth bomber....they've come up with numerous explanations for the whole Roswell thing....I really don't think they are going to admit to anything.....

The government has kept too many secrets over the years...I don't think TPTB are interested in filling in us little folk with the truth about anything....

I found this interesting article on a Yahoo Geocities site. I will look for more corroboration in the form of other articles to the same affect.

Road Trip to Area 51 by Agent Condor Special Assignments Team [email protected] Area 51 is a secret Air Force base secluded deep within a wide-ranging tract of restricted government land in the remote Nevada desert. About two hours' drive north-northwest of Las Vegas, Area 51 -- also known as Groom Lake, S-4 and Papoose Lake -- is shrouded in mystery. Generally believed to be the training and development zone for the military's most secret project, particularly spy planes and stealth technology, rumors of something more sinister taking place at Area 51 persist despite any compelling evidence. Widespread speculation ranges about exactly what goes on at the base. A number of people have reported strange sightings in the sky above the base, and others contend the military uses the base to study downed and captured alien craft, even aliens themselves, eventually using the alien technology in military projects. The following special report was written by "Condor," a ParaScope operative who at this time wishes to remain anonymous. We have, however, confirmed Condor's identity and the facts of this report and stand by its assertions as 100% accurate. For the past several decades, the Air Force has officially denied the existence of Area 51, also known as the Groom Lake installation. But in a recent statement, it has admitted that something exists in the middle of the desert, but won't say what. The brief text of that statement reads as follows: "There are a variety of facilities throughout the Nellis Range Complex. We do have facilities within the complex near the dry lake bed of Groom Lake. The facilities of the Nellis Range Complex are used for testing and training technologies, operations, and systems critical to the effectiveness of U.S. military forces. Specific activities conducted at Nellis cannot be discussed any further than that." The Mission: By now, nearly everyone in America has heard of the infamous "Area 51." This secluded, clandestine site is about as far off the beaten track as anywhere else in the country. People whisper about it in hushed tones. "Strange things are going on there," they say. "I've heard stories about flying saucers, aliens, top-secret government projects." The wild rumors and weird reports about it range from the innocuous to the terrifying. Some say it's really just a decoy to distract the public's attention from the "real" secret air base, while others claim it once house a live alien saucer pilot. I had to find out the truth for myself. I had to be in Las Vegas, about two hours' drive from Area 51, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to scout out the clandestine base for myself -- to separate fact from fiction, reality from rumor. Not wanting to try to infiltrate the world's most secret (but widely known) military installation by myself, I enlisted the help of a couple of trusted colleagues. "Darren" came to America from Poland, where he worked as an electrician after serving a stint in the Polish army as a tank commander. He volunteered to do the driving. "Miranda" is an actress and a model, but more importantly, she's an ace photographer. She'd bring the 35mm with the heavy-duty telephoto lenses, along with a small spy camera that could be slipped discreetly into her panties if need be. Finally, I'd be manning the surveillance gear and navigating, calling the shots as we made our break for the heart of Area 51. Needless to say, the best-laid plans often run awry.

Continued...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Continued from previous post...

This one was no exception. Darren chickened out after a desert training run near Las Vegas, and Miranda flaked before we left the hotel, saying she had to fly to Singapore for a fashion shoot. She took all her camera gear with her. Which left me holding the bag, and an empty one at that. But I was determined to at least visit the site, snap a few photos and try to get a lay of the land. It was time to improvise, modify the game plan, and execute a new strategy. I decided to make the long drive up from Vegas on a Sunday, figuring that was the best time to catch a secret military installation with its pants down. I'd get there a few hours before sunset, take stock of the situation, gather what intelligence I could, take a few pictures with my trusty old camera, and wait for the cover of darkness to offer up the secrets of the base. Road to Nowhere: The drive from Vegas to Rachel, Nevada (the closest "town" to Area 51) is a long, lonely and mind-numbingly boring one. (For details on how to get to Area 51, see the appendix "Getting There.") This area of the Nevada desert is so desolate and isolated, it brings to mind a post-apocalyptic wasteland that would give Mad Max the creeps. So few people make the drive along deserted Highway 375 that the Nevada State Transportation Board recently designated that strip of road as the state's official "Extraterrestrial Highway," in an effort to attract tourists. State and regional tourism boards decided to give the highway it's wacky name to attract more visitors to the remote area. "Any stimulation those poor folks can get from anyone trying to come through, alien or otherwise, would be really welcome," said Jim Merlino of the Pioneer Territory Tourism Commission. With the 1994 average of about 50 cars per day traveling along Highway 375, Merlino has a gift for understatement. But despite the state's whimsical attitude toward naming the road, there's still a feeling that what's going on at Area 51 maybe isn't quite so funny as everyone would like to believe. In fact, some Rachel residents wanted the word "alien" included in the highway's name, but the transportation board refused. "Extraterrestrial means it can be something just flying above the Earth. It could just be meteors," said board director Tom Stephens, attempting to distance the state from an official endorsement of an alien presence. "None of the board members I know of has any special knowledge of visitors from outer space." Perhaps not, but visitors to Rachel and the surrounding area might beg to differ. The highway runs through territory that some claim is a hotbed of UFO activity. And despite official military denials, it's clear the Air Force engages in extensive flight exercises across the wide expanse of dessert. Aliens or not, strange lights in the desert have some people on edge, and the general air of denial and secrecy put forth by the Air Force doesn't do much to clear matters up. Until very recently, the government's official policy on Area 51 is that it doesn't exist. The Air Force now admits to a number of installations and sites around the general area, but still won't speak directly about Area 51. What many visitors fail to comprehend is that the patch of land known as Area 51 is in fact a tiny fraction of the much Larger Nellis Test Range, a sprawling installation that encompasses more restricted land than the size of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined. Despite official government assertions to the contrary, there are hundreds of miles of fences guarding hundreds of thousands of acres of "nothing." Not surprisingly, Nevada 375, America's Extraterrestrial Highway, doesn't even come close to the real action. Aliens (and Tourists) Welcome!: The sign outside the Little A'Le'Inn screams "Earthlings Welcome" in big blue letters. The doormat is no less subtle in its message: "Aliens Welcome." Such is life in the wide spot in the road called Rachel, Nevada, the nearest community to the access roads leading into Area 51. Pat and Joe Travis run the Little A'Le'Inn, which is a bar that serves up alienburgers and regular beers and has a few mobile home units out back where star-gazing tourists can rest overnight at rates roughly competitive with Motel 6. I sat down at the bar at about 3:00 one Sunday afternoon. Not surprisingly, two pear-shaped men -- one in a Members Only jacket and aviator glasses, the other wearing a calculator watch and several pens in his breast pocket -- were discussing their fantasy plans for infiltrating the base. Apparently pilots, they went on at great length about how they would approach from unrestricted airspace, punching their way through the base's defenses to land outside a hangar full of UFOs. Needless to say, I was more convinced of the UFOs in the hangar than of these gentlemen's ability to fly right into Area 51. I sucked back a cold Budweiser and continued eavesdropping on the Red Baron and Top Gun as I browsed the large collection of photos, books and souvenirs on display. A quarter gets you a map of the area, and a buck buys a postcard or bumper sticker touting Rachel and Area 51 as the "UFO Capital of the World." UFO model kits, alien heads, E.T. ashtrays and flying saucer caps are yours for the taking, if the price is right. Clearly, UFOs aren't just big business for Rachel, they are about all Rachel's got going for it. But why not? If the government insists on denying that Area 51 even exists, if the Air Force thinks we're too stupid to spot a stealth fighter on a practice bombing run, then the uniquely American thing to do is make a tourist attraction of the damn place, and I that's great. Geekiness aside, the atmosphere at the A'Le'Inn is warm and inviting. Where else in the world can you sip a beer, eat a pack of crackers and then ask the bartender for directions to a non-existent secret base full of alleged alien ships? I ponied up my 25 cents for a map and headed out the door. Joe Travis warned me, "Stay outside the border. If you drive in there, they will see you, they will catch you, they will arrest you and they will fine you $600, no questions asked." So much for my bold plan. Where's an ex-tank commander and actress/photographer when you need 'em? Edge of Nothing: The sun was making a slow, measured dive toward the horizon as I pulled off the highway and onto the dirt road marked by the infamous "black mailbox." The mailbox is the only landmark along a road as empty and barren as the lunar surface, and holds an ominous place in the lore surrounding Area 51. I pulled my four-wheel-drive up next to the mailbox, expecting something to happen, but not knowing what. It was, alas, just a mailbox. The dirt road cuts through a scrubby patch of ranchland, where cows stare blankly as you wind your way over their unfenced grazing land. In fact, not a single fence lies between the cows and the base perimeter (which is actually an unfenced "buffer zone").

Source and rest of story

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
NAH,

the first true disclosure in my humble oppinion will come from the aliens themselves...

IMHO

There could be something to that. I will allow myself a rare bit of speculation in that if there is in fact a higher intelligent source of sentience interacting with us at a physical and possibly spiritual if not mental level, then they may in fact be calling all of the shots. That is to say, those other than the source, were they in the wanting of disclosure, couldn't even if they tried simply because they have not been given "permission" or power to do so.

That type of thinking always brings me to disconcerting feelings. Disturbing at best.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Governments of the major Nations are too far involved in it all to just drop all the lies and come out with the truth.
How can they now admit what they've been denying all these years?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieNakki

it's not the military that controls this stuff, its companies like Lockheed and Northrup Grumman.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
very much doubt any president will ever tell the truth about UFO's especially obama.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
double post sorry.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by The Cloak]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak
very much doubt any president will ever tell the truth about UFO's especially obama.

I tend to agree with you except you seem to line out Obama especially. Care to elaborate or elucidate on that? What makes him any different or more nefarious than the previous presidents?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Did you see the movie "Fourth of July"?

The president didn't even know about the aliens in that movie, as he didn't have a "need to know" until they surrounded the Earth.

Presidents come and go but top military brass hangs around through several presidencies. Do you really think they would tell the president if they didn't have to? What was the line in the movie? Plausible deniability?

OK the movies don't always get it right but there is at least a small chance they did in this case

So if Obama doesn't even know, there's no way he can tell.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

A few months ago, when I said I thought we were in the middle of disclosure already, or maybe even nearing the end, people told me I was a fool and it was nowhere near that place. A summer full of UFO sightings and now I see alot more people echoing these sentiments, even this thread being one of them. I am not the only one who is a fool, then.

So let me go out on a limb again, and say, yes, if Obama gets 8 years, a two term election, then I would say, yes he will be the first President to tell us the truth; that aliens exist and visit Earth.

But that doesn't mean i think he will know everything there is to know about aliens, and even if he did, I don't think it would necessarily be a great idea to tell us all of them.

I think the best thing would be to tell us OF their existance, show some pictures, and stuff like that, but leave out all the horribly or reality shattering truths along the way. I don't need to know stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Originally posted by The Cloak

I tend to agree with you except you seem to line out Obama especially. Care to elaborate or elucidate on that? What makes him any different or more nefarious than the previous presidents?

Cheers,

Erik

His and others blind hatred for the current president. No other reason. Also there is IMO nothing to disclose...except to tell us a lie and say they have no clue what they are. IMHO there are government black ops nothing more.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Can he tell the entire truth? No
Will he be the first to disclose? It's possible.
Is it necessary? Not entirely.

The one thing that he could actually do right now is to direct things or hinting toward disclosure in an unprecedented way.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I can't predict whether or not he'll do it, but if he's looking for a quick boost in approval ratings, then he definately should!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is an international decision. This is over Obama's head, he will be part of a multi-national or UN decision. He would be reckless and probably stopped if he did this on his own and put the USA on the spot as the sole possessor of alien knowledge.

I don't mean to sound irritated, but a lot of people need to "walk in the shoes" and realize that there's no way a single individual possesses the info to convince the world that aliens are real. On top of that I'm not sure they need to disclose anything, a majority of us already know. The problems is that the majority "imagines" what they think the aliens are like, thanks to movies, instead of what reality has in store for us.

Thus these posts that expect a movie style revelation from a president--the facts, stories, and evidence doesn't point to a presidential revelation. Study up folks, such a revelation backs the US into a corner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join