It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Nobel Peace price given on the premise of Global hope and inspiration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know there are many who will discredit at a glance the recognition of President Obama for the Nobel Peace prize.

After reading further, the reason as to its award, was for this premise:

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

nobelprize.org...

It is his spirit, and his inspiration on a Global scale, those values which nations of the world recognize as vital toward the goal of world peace. He has prompted and reminded, those of us entrenched in a world of desperation, that hope is not lost. That we can, as a people, the world wide, achieve this goal if we merely utilize those precepts and systems that are in place.

To put a political spin on the topic, or to take away from the vision makes me wonder if one merely wants peace for their own political ends.

Peace is Peace. When we slander and hate one who inspires hope in all, at what point do we become the war monger and a seeker of spreading hatred. Peace is not partisan, it is of the people, and a way of Love one another. When we seek to turn it into a political message, perhaps we should realize that politics in itself may be the sole obstacle obstructing world peace in the name of political gain.

Congratulations President Obama, and may peace come swiftly.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would be all for applauding him if he actually did a thing to create peace. I don't think going around bowing to Sheiks or hanging out with Hugo Chavez does much to support a better world, unless your idea of a better world is a world full of dictators and terrorists.

All I have seen Obama and his team do is to try to bankrupt our country, either intentionally or via extreme stupidity. To me it appears that they are striving to move us toward communism and total government control.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would like to get the next prize for coming up with a valid reason why Obama should have one. It's been nine months of rampant governmental
stupidity and we're still seeing nothing. Somebody screwed up somewhere.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
I would be all for applauding him if he actually did a thing to create peace. I don't think going around bowing to Sheiks or hanging out with Hugo Chavez does much to support a better world, unless your idea of a better world is a world full of dictators and terrorists.

All I have seen Obama and his team do is to try to bankrupt our country, either intentionally or via extreme stupidity. To me it appears that they are striving to move us toward communism and total government control.

I doubt you would

I think you would applaud him busting a cap into a sheik and nuking Venezuela

Kissinger got the same prize
and you could deep fry that buster with a lighter.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I would like to get the next prize for coming up with a valid reason why Obama should have one. It's been nine months of rampant governmental
stupidity and we're still seeing nothing. Somebody screwed up somewhere.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

Ya, Obama sure sunk a smooth sailing ship

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

Let's see....he let our allies in Eastern Europe down by dropping the missile defense shield....he sides with the likes of totalitarian leaders such as Hugo Chavez, kisses Putin's butt, disses the Dahli Lama so he won't offend the communist Chinese....

What a guy!

The non-science Nobel prizes have been a joke for years...Al Gore won? Gimme a break!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The inspiration of a people starts with a premise worthy of undertaking.
Bowing to sheiks was merely a formality and a courtesy. Jesus washed the feet of of his disciples.

When one gets hung up on ones own pride...what is it that they say?

" Pride comes before the fall.... "

The path of peace comes with those who actually take the steps. The removal of our forces from Iraq, and the re installation of justice in the land without torture. An accountability by a just administration, and a recalling of those practices unjust from days past.

A recognition and exercising of diplomacy and a thawing of relations that were becoming rigid. Wedges had been driven on many fronts by the Bush administration that have now been removed. The removal of the missile system that threatened the regeneration of a cold war between the United States and Russia. These are steps in the right direction.

I for one like the fact the President Obama does not rattle sabers. He does not loosely jump to conclusions and rush to battle. A method and a manner that more world leaders should adopt and a way that will, in the end, even not under his leadership, will result in lasting peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Read the comments on HP. Someone actually said white people are racist crackers......

Others are actually saying he deserves the award and people that oppose it are racist. I just don't even know what is going on right now.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Ya, Obama sure sunk a smooth sailing ship

That made me laugh.
Good one!

He shouldn't be getting this award....not with the war and bloodshed that is now his Responsibility. A Wartime President should never get a Nobel Peace price...I don't care how justified the actual war is.

I think Obama himself realizes he doesn't deserve it...and now this may put pressure on him to actually live up to that "status."

Increasing the troop levels after winning a prize for humanitarianism/peace will make him look like a total ass.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There are times when American ignorance and bigotry show itself in such a fashion that makes me wonder if peace is really desired at all.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What they did to the election in iran, shows that the nobel prize is already a fraud.

The prize has become a joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Peace is not a joke nor is the process. The situation in Iran did not result in a Global outpouring of goodwill and a desire to resolve conflicts of the past.

Maybe we forgot the spirit of his entry into the Presidency and statements the world wide who saw this as a beacon of hope.

Barack Obama is hailed by world leaders

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Again, Ill reiterate.

People speak loosely about making the prize a joke. Many a good man has come wanting peace while self serving saber rattling war mongers take every opportunity to destroy their intent.

When I see people speak in the hateful and arrogant ways that they do about Obama receiving the prize, perhaps it becomes obvious that peace is not in their hearts.

new topics

top topics

join