It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives the US special status?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

I have to tell you, after you've seen a significant number of your fellow soldiers killed, you get a bit of focused tunnel vision.

You have tunnel vision, combined with a smoldering rage, and it really doesn't matter whether they're surrendering or not, until you get some payback, that blood fury will not subside.

It's real easy to sit back and watch a movie, and make a judgment on the moral aspects of one element of combat.

It's quite another when the other side is killing the hell out of your brothers, and then when it gets a bit iffy for them - to politely surrender, assuming that this will be acceptable.

It isn't.

All through history, military necessity ON THE BATTLEFIELD takes precedence over perceived rules of warfare.

At times you want payback.

At times, there is no practical method of maintaining prisoners.

During continuing combat, it's an unnecessary draw on manpower.

Whatever you do, you're the one who has to live with it.

And you are never to be judged by someone who wasn't there at that moment, experiencing exactly what you were experiencing.

Hey.

So war sucks.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What international law did we violate? THere was a UN resolution allwoing Saddam to be toppled, And the Taliban would not give up Bin Laden so he attacked us.... and were supposed to sit back and take it/? get a life

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Watch Saving Private Ryan. Count how many unarmed surrendering germans they killed. War crime?

Dude, you are aware that Saving Private Ryan is a work of fiction, right? Fiction=fake. Just thought I'd run that definition past you.

And by 1944, I honestly think that the Nazis had the corner freakin' market on "war crimes".

Get away from the TV and actually read a book.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
In ww2 america must of done the most horrific things imaginable to people, but hollywood has that lost in time, with there romantic, america comes to save the day rubbish.

Really? Who had the concentration camps with the gas chambers and ovens? Who committed the "Rape of Nanking"? How about the Bataan Death March? Americans were involved with that, but they were the ones being executed.

*snip*

(removed crass comment)

[edit on Sat Oct 10 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The goverment pretends to give while they take, they pretend to be more civilized when they're doing far worse by covering everything up. That's what gives the U.S speciale status.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What gives us the right to tell other nations who can or cannot be extradited? Why are we so well liked when the citizens of our nation are so far in debt that many can barely afford to make a living? What gives us the right to dominate the world when we barely have a hold on our own nation?

I find it strange that you come up with all of these questions, claim not to be anti-american because you are a US citizen, but have yet to make an attempt to answer your own questions.

You ask so many questions that it would be impossible to have a reasonable debate covering every single one in one thread. Each question is pretty much a thread itself.

How do you view these questions you ask?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Again Dooper. I agree. But you cant use your post as an example and still claim moral superiority.

Fog of War is correct. But lets tell it how it is.

CT

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I couldn't of said it better myself!
People call the US ignorant. Why does everybody so it seems forget the real history behind their prosperity?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
$600 + Billion dollar defense budget.

How Much business does Wal-Mart do with China again?
300+ Billion yearly. I say China needs to kick in and help Police the Earth and Give America a break.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
America is an empire, with huge military power. It can do what it wants, when it wants and as has been shown in the past few years, it often does.

It has no right to do anything, but it uses the excuse of bringing liberty and democracy, which is just a sham. America does things only for it's own selfish political gains. I suppose many other countries do, but America is blatant in doing so.

The American people go along with it because they are as a society militaristic. They love the armed forces and have a fondness of guns and weaponry. The mainstream media constantly tell them which country's are "bad" and which world leaders to hate, and many go along with it.

That's how i see it in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Manifest Destiny writ large.

Even if misquided (and thats a matter of debate) a nation must look to its own security and its far better to be on the offensive and let the battle be faught elsewhere than on your own shores.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The American people go along with it because they are as a society militaristic. They love the armed forces and have a fondness of guns and weaponry. The mainstream media constantly tell them which country's are "bad" and which world leaders to hate, and many go along with it.

Hmmmm, perhaps you might need to do a modicum of research on the United States and not from a comic book or other quick reference material like a John Wayne movie :shk:

You make it sound as if we live in a Western cowboy movie or something

[edit on 10/10/09 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If you think were the only country that meddles in other nations affairs your sadly mistaken.Just about every country in the world has spies and will try to manipulate other nations.So there is no right to do this only accepted protocol if your not worried about what other countries are doing guaranteed your being manipulated by someone.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone
We saved Europe a couple of times and we some pretty big bombs.

aye sure you did .. what america did was join the wars late at minimal expence .. and only to ensure the struggle would end quicker so britain and other europeans could pay their debts incurred in the war effort to you americans having virtually beaten the germans before you heroes joined the fray.

all you lot really did was supply all sides with the raw materials needed to fight a war and get rich of us.

you yanks will believe any old patriotic $hit your fed.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I don't read comics and i've never watched a John Wayne movie in my life.

Okay maybe my comment was slightly unfair. I still stand by what i said, but perhaps it isn't all Americans. It's part of American culture and society to own guns, for protection. The right to bear arms.

I mean i've seen threads on this site, saying hey which gun should i get bla bla etc etc.

Many Americans love guns. Okay maybe i am getting a bit off topic here, but my original statement still stands.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Watch Saving Private Ryan. Count how many unarmed surrendering germans they killed. War crime?

CT

*cough* movie *cough*

I guess I should judge the EU and European nationalism by say Triumph of the Will?

oooooo whats that say about Europe or Germany for that matter?

You really are going to have to a bit better than that if you are basing all of your rash knee jerk reactions about the United States based on a movie

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It's funny the UN was created and supported by whom?
Where again is it located? How many UN soldiers vs US soldiers have carried out it's lawful edicts?

I say if the world doesn't like the American version then they need to grow a pair and help us out there.

Earth is a scary place!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well... I'm thinking that $666 billion defense budget with the next closest nation being China with around a $70 billion annual defense budget makes us top dog. As many ATSers in this thread have already written... the Alpha wolf rules.

What makes human societies more dangerous than the other beasts in the jungle is that humans use "moral superiority" to justify anything and everything. Americans love a righteous war...

Taxation without Representation!!!
Manifest Destiny!!!
Free the Slaves!!!!
Free the Iraqi People!!!
The Commies Are Coming!
911!!!

Humans always justify their acts with well thought out "excuses"... ummmm I mean moral justification that makes our violent acts against other human beings sound... well almost... beautiful.

I would love to have heard Cain's moral justification for killing his brother Abel.

The sad truth is that when a nation becomes the dominant empire they believe that "God" made it so and therefore that nation in power must use their "God Given" power to the glory of their "God".

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war... With the cross of Jesus going on before.

Yeah.... you know the song...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

The British were on the verge of defeat if America had not come into the war you would be speaking German.I suggest you spend some time reading about how well the British did after Dunkirk and until the US entered the war. The British at best had a couple of months left before they would have had to surrender.

In 1939 Britain only grew enough food to feed one person in every three - Nazi U-boats threatened to starve the country into defeat. But it was not just food - Britain brought many other things from abroad (notably sugar, tea, fruit, oil, rubber and wood) and now all these supplies were threatened by the U-boat attacks. They were in such dire straights that there industrial capacity was stopped people were starving and this is why Churchill realized the only way for the British to survive is if he could get the US to enter the war.

PS Churchill even witheld intelligence reports on subs hoping the germans would sink an american ship thus getting America to enter the war.

[edit on 10/10/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by manxman2

The British were on the verge of defeat if America had not come into the war you would be speaking German.I suggest you spend some time reading about how well the British did after Dunkirk and until the US entered the war. The British at best had a couple of months left before they would have had to surrender.

In 1939 Britain only grew enough food to feed one person in every three - Nazi U-boats threatened to starve the country into defeat. But it was not just food - Britain brought many other things from abroad (notably sugar, tea, fruit, oil, rubber and wood) and now all these supplies were threatened by the U-boat attacks. They were in such dire straights that there industrial capacity was stopped people were starving and this is why Churchill realized the only way for the British to survive is if he could get the US to enter the war.

PS Churchill even witheld intelligence reports on subs hoping the germans would sink an american ship thus getting America to enter the war.

[edit on 10/10/09 by dragonridr]

i dont need a history lesson son.

i have/had family who fought in it.

the british common-wealth and her allies the russians were far from beaten.

maybe churchill thought you deserved a poke in the eye with your sourceless quote about the withheld intelligence if true.

you seem to think that your supply of over 90% of germanys raw war machine materials is o.k. then against your allies.
but thats americans for you always the dollar before friendship

maybe thats why your dispised worldwide.

or maybe its because you are directly or inderectly responsible for more death and destruction with your jewish allies than any other form of death on the planet ..i.e. more people die every year thru american involvement than any other cause .. thats over half the people who DIE do so by american hands or are influenced by them.

your the new modern equivelant of the british imperialism.
so corrupt your own security services ensure your country is awash with hard drugs to fund their black budgets and in doing so ensuring the deaths by many causes of thousands of their own countrymen whilst securing the funds to destabilise any country
whose natural assets your elites want to carve up amongst them selves whilst your school kids sing their god save america crap during their patriotic brainwashing.

god help you when some off you wake up and actually start being awkward about not going to war etc either ricin christmas cards from your ever loving C.I.A. or if too many wakeup demolish 2 or 3 landmarks and kill a few thousand fellow patriots and blame it on a guy in a cave with a mobile phone.

no doubt you will flatten another country in pursiut of their natural assets killing millions along the way in iran .. a country that the rest of the world has no problem with other than irael and amrica both for differing reasons.
then you will make a big fuss to the world about rebiulding the country and restoring peace both of which YOU will have destroyed in the first place .. whilst ensnaring them with the debt of it all until the oil is used and they are of no further use to you ..
then they will be left to swing in the wind like so many others youve helped.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by manxman2]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join