It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He would gain my esteem IF he gave back his prize !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yes, he can !
That would be the only honorable way in that situation.
In any case, I would be him, that's what I'd do.
Don't you think so ?

[edit on 9/10/2009 by orkson]

MOD EDIT: to correct spelling error in heading.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He should accept the prize but state in his acceptance speech that he is doing so on behalf of all of the people who rightly deserved it (and admit that he is unworthy).

Then he can announce that he is donating the cash prize to deserving peaceful causes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He thinks that he doesn't deserve it (GOOD POINT !) but he accepts it.
WTF ?
That is a strange logic.
Furthermore, doesn't this prize put his hands (the foreign policy of the US) into handcuffs ?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I was watching the Livestream on the ol' Whitehouse website... He did say something along those Lines. Sharing the award is what I think he said. We will have to find a clip of the speech.

And on that note... try to find one with good audio... it seemed a bit static ridden. -*oh wait, I forgot... That's the Aliens coming closer to the Earth... see "Independance Day"

I also think he should not accept... and be proud to be humble.

But we all know, this will aid in moving along the Big Picture for the Greater Good.

Please forgive my slight sarcasm... but I do agree with you OP!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by orkson
He thinks that he doesn't deserve it (GOOD POINT !) but he accepts it.
WTF ?

I suspect that there are not many degrees of separation between him, the people who put him in power, and the award committee.

Giving back the prize is not an option for him as it wouldn't fulfill whatever the PR purpose of awarding him the prize in the first place is. It that is the case, then I am simply stating that, in an ideal world, he would score points with me if he admitted his unworthiness and didn't run with the money.

new topics

top topics

join