It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Wins Nobel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

seems like someone needs an ego boost, a nobel prize could help that problem quite nicely.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by network dude

Could you tell me what in your opinion he did to deserve this honor. You might convince us all that we are delusional.

That's right. You are not only delusional but IGNORANT of the facts! President Obama couldn't fully attend to all his scheduled peace-keeping activities, because the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are time demanding affairs. But the members of the Nobel Prize Committee are intelligent people; they were aware of this obstacle that President Obama had to encounter. President Obama's potentials is what the committee recognized and awarded.

So let me get this right. the People on the Nobel Prize pannel are visionarys who can see into the future. They picked Obama out of the list of 6 billion potentials and awarded him the prize based on things he will do when he is not so distracted. If that is your assesment, I would like you to do me a favor. print this post out and read it again when you grow up and get to pay taxes.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Maybe they should have gave the thing to Glenn Beck or Rush, then it might have please some of the people here...

I think that this prize has been diminishing over the years but not because is becoming political or meaningless...I think at the core of the issue is something that this very thread demonstrates and shows the sad state about humanity, which is that PEACE is a hard goal to attain and achieve.

Now we just got to reward the prospect of peace, in this day and age where hatred, vitriol, jealousy, self serving, racism, violence permeates so profoundly, the very sight of a leader that at least talks about unity, equality, peace gets rewarded.

Obama has done absolutely nothing as far as accomplishments yet to deserve this award, the very fact that he won it its not cause for celebreation it is cause for depp reflection about the state of the human race.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Obama has done absolutely nothing as far as accomplishments yet to deserve this award, the very fact that he won it its not cause for celebreation it is cause for depp reflection about the state of the human race.

Obama didn't ask the Nobel Prize Committee to nominate him. Sometimes this prize isn't awarded, coz the candidates don't meet the criteria. Obama surely didn't expect that the panel in Norway picks someone who presides over blowing children into pieces in Iraq as the winner. He would surely turn the award back, but there are ten million Swedish crowns going with the award. So the chances that Obama skips the award ceremony in Oslo this December are next to nothing.

That's the way it is: the bank CEOs get undeserving bonuses and politicians get undeserving medals. I suppose Obama's approval rating would shoot sky-high if he declined the "honor" pointing toward both wars he is presently managing.

You are right about the Nobel Peace Prize losing its prestige. So is the occupancy in the White House.

[edit on 10/11/2009 by stander]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Is there any evidence that Nobel Prize recipients live a better life than
people who have not won this award? A group of human beings meet
and decide that another human being is a good person who deserves
a medal. So what. Will that person never get sick, live longer, have
a better relationship with his/her family, sleep better at night, or never
be sad?

I have boxes of plaques and awards gathering dust in the garage. The
rewards we get from our creator are infinitely more satisfying!

-cwm

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Breaking News!

This just in!

Obama watched some college football on Saturday, so now they're going to award him the Heisman Trophy!

[edit on 10/12/2009 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join