It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Wins Nobel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Is this a complete joke? He has done absolutely nothing, not one thing. I am embarrassed by this.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Maybe it is a good thing. Hopefully Obama will think twice of his future military plans.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The people who did that SNL skit saying Obama had nothing to show for his time in office are looking pretty stupid now. He does have something to show - a noble peace prize.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

www.reuters.com...

OSLO (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for giving the world "hope for a better future" with his work for peace and calls to reduce the global stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Congratulations to President Barack Obama on winning the Nobel Peace Prize!

Even the most die hard obamaphile has to understand that the Nobel prizes are given for actual accomplishments, and not "hope". If "hope" wa all you need to win, then they'd also be passing them out in medicine to researchers that "hoped" they'd find a cure for cancer.

Another example of Obama following in Carter's footsteps. Now they've both received this award that they didn't deserve.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by GAOTU789
This is ridiculous.

I don't think it's either absurd nor ridiculous. As a Norwegian, I also feel a need to defend my contry's decision in this matter.
I will repost a comment I made in a duplicate thread that was closed:

Child-like naivety can be your only defense.

"Personally I am both happy and very proud that my country has awarded Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama has given the world a hope for change to the better. I think the prize is well deserved.

You're just parroting now. The prize hasn't been given for hope, it's given for actual accomplishments. This was nothing more than a slimey political award.

I don't think you will find any politicians or officials in Norway who would say this in in public, but there is no doubt in my mind that this award also is a kick in the but and a message to president Bush. Do Americans have any idea how SCARY Bush was to the rest of the world? Do you have any idea what a RELIEF it was when you guys finally managed to elect someone with a brain?

So, you admit this was a political award, and not based on merit or accomplishments.

Bush was VERY much disliked, at least by people here in Scandinavia. People had NO respect for him AT ALL. He came across as this shallow, clumsy and not very bright man, completely controlled and manipulated by some really creepy, evil charachters around him. It was like ANYTHING could happen with this man in the White House. Anything bad. And bad things sure did happen...

The people that previously won based on their hard work, must be either throwing up or turning over in their graves.

Like a war in Iraq. What was the reason for that war again..? Oh, someone didn't care too much about the truth, did they? And how many young American men and women have lost their lives in that war again..? How many men, children and women all together? Oh, and that American economy thing, THAT sure didn't go to well, did it..?

Uh, obama has not fixed the economy and most likely made it worse. You also sound like someone that doesn't care much for the truth.

Bush and his administration brought fear, stupidity and mistrust to the world. Fear, stupidity and mistrust opens up for hate and war.

Obama brought hope to the world. Hope opens up for collaboration, understanding and PEACE. THAT is the reason he was given the Nobel Peace Prize.

THAT is not supposed to be the reason for the prizes. And PEACE? Obama has not brought peace to anyplace. He is clearly out of his league as president, spinning around in the Oval Office trying to figure out what to do on ANY of the problems he faces. Latest solution? Obama says forget the problems, lets jet off to Denmark to try and win the Olympics for his home town a s a political patronage move. Real Nobel material there ...

Congratulations, president Obama. As a Norwegian citizen and tax payer this prize is from me too. I am proud to give it to you, and welcome to Oslo!

They must have also sold licenses to manufacture the kool-aid overseas.

(Oh, and to spare some of you a good, long rant: Yes, I am a leftie and proud of that too. But feel free to flame me anyway. It's not like it is going to make me change my political standpoints.)"

Peace.

(Edit because of spelling.)

How about edits for (intellectual) content instead ...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Lucky you weren't old enough to join the military on their mission for whirled peace. I'm glad you saw the light about the lack of difference between the Bush admin and the Obama bunch. Same sh*t, different suits. Awarding Obama a Nobel peace prize totally ruined the nobel committee's standing with many. It's a true farce when there are many who have actually worked and sacrificed for peace yet gain no recongition. Who is left to trust? Seriously, among international organizations which (if any) aren't shills for the CFR/Bilderburg/NWO crowd. They are pushing us off the cliff like the lemmings we are.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
When I heard this on the radio this morning it took me a moment to realize that today is not April 1.

I can only hope that Kanye West will be attending the award presentation ceremony.

Promoting peace? Isn't Obama head of the nation that just bombed the moon this morning?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
:shk:

They should just give out Peace Prizes to every world leader.

I am waiting on to see what Obama says about it. If he accepts this prize, then that tells me he doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Even Obama must be aware that there were others who deserved it more than him.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoneGrey

Promoting peace? Isn't Obama head of the nation that just bombed the moon this morning?

Bombing the moon is over the top hyperbole. Are India or Russia being also being accused of "bombing the moon"? Why not, when India just did the same thing by crashing their space probe into the moon? Oh, I forgot. It's open season on the U.S. these days.

And last, not to worry, I've heard that casualties were very light as a result of the "moon bombing".

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Typical American. Absolutely no respect for aliens or Dr Evil style moon bases.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is the first of the "October Surprises". Obama will accept his award ever so humbly and give credit to the American people for making it all possible. Just like a beauty pageant. Maybe he'll even rub a little Vicks under his eyes and shed a little raindrop. He had to have known that this was coming. I wonder how much Soros paid for the award?

Just another sideshow act in the great Dog and Pony Show. Maybe he will get a half point boost in his poll numbers from this.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I for one, would like to congratulate Dear Leader for this achievement... Lord knows, it's a lot of work going through all those boxes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fa5bf018f5b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This is the first of the "October Surprises". Obama will accept his award ever so humbly and give credit to the American people for making it all possible. Just like a beauty pageant. Maybe he'll even rub a little Vicks under his eyes and shed a little raindrop. He had to have known that this was coming. I wonder how much Soros paid for the award?

Just another sideshow act in the great Dog and Pony Show. Maybe he will get a half point boost in his poll numbers from this.

I think that obama and the dems should give credit to Bush for winning this award. After all, without Bush, we wouldn't have obama as president and there would be nothing for the world to (naively) look to obama for "hope".

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
See what happens when you talk the talk but don't walk the walk?

You get a nobel peace prize!

Increasing the military budget by 11% during an economic crisis = Nobel Prize

Pulling troops out of iraq and sending them elsewhere to expand the war into the entire middle east = Nobel Peace prize

replacing those troops with a christian crusading private contractor that gets paid 4 times more than u.s. army troops during an economic crisis = nobel peace prize.

Yep, this is Bizzaro world
Everything makes sense upside down!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I want a recall. I think the Teleprompter should have won.

What a crock of #!!

Wow, now he is in the same league as Arafat and Jimmy Carter.

Priceless!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Do Americans have any idea how SCARY Bush was to the rest of the world? Do you have any idea what a RELIEF it was when you guys finally managed to elect someone with a brain?

Some of us do. Yes. Some of us agree 100% with you on this. And I also agree that it may be a bit of a snub to Bush. Good.

Originally posted by centurion1211
... the Nobel prizes are given for actual accomplishments, and not "hope".

You're mistaken. It's given for vision, determination and courage. Not actual accomplishments.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's given for vision, determination and courage. Not actual accomplishments.

I'm not sure that is accurate but even if it is, it just goes to show you that anyone could win this prize, hence, it's now meaningless. Why?

Well, it's on the same level as a beauty pageant since almost all the contestants always give the "world peace" and "end nuclear weapons" speech.
That is also some great vision and with their win they have the determination and courage.

What a load of garbage. The nobel prize is now meaningless.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I'm not sure that is accurate but even if it is, it just goes to show you that anyone could win this prize, hence, it's now meaningless.

NobelPrize.org

No formal qualifications are needed to become a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, but I think the characteristics most of them have in common are vision, courage and determination.

It certainly may be meaningless to you. To many, however, it means a lot.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

How about edits for (intellectual) content instead ...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by centurion1211]

Hm, editing a post to make it fit with other people's opinions and ideas of what is intelligent or not... Sounds a lot like what a coward would do, don't you think?

Peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No formal qualifications are needed to become a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, but I think the characteristics most of them have in common are vision, courage and determination.

That means the characteristics of those who have won have those traits BUT they have also done something useful besides spewing propaganda only.

To many, however, it means a lot.

Not anymore. In fact, it has meant nothing in recent years since Arafat and Jimmy Carter won. Pathetic. Besides, who really give a #?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join