It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, the Universe, & Everything Else

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

If all that exists is one consciousness that divided itself into many parts by which it now has individualized units of consciousness, each unit is still enveloped by the one consciousness and IS the one consciousnesses but at a personalized, and individualized perspective.

We can't escape what we are a part of. We can deny it, doubt it, ignore it... but we are part of something.

It's a tough one for sure. What does it mean to a drop of water that returns to the ocean? That is what we are discussing... the return of our individualism to the whole that we come from.

Is there even such a journey as an individual part of reality?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Just as a child is at one point a part of the mother's body. But there comes a point that is no longer true. But I think both of our cases are dependant upon our points of view.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming The reality is, there is a huge psychological component at work in keeping us focused in the reality framework that we ingest.

It's been said that the only reason the components of our solar system do not fall apart is because the Solar Logos is in constant meditation. Some would laugh at this idea, saying that mass, gravity and natural laws of nature keeps it all together, but who know knows how much these great Beings who inform our Universe work with and perhaps even assist or are responsible for the distribution of these 'natural laws'?

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming It seems that we have this knowing on stand-by or shutdown while we indulge in human experience.

Could the stage lights on Shakespeare's stage be purposely and temporarily blinding us to this knowing of purpose? After all, it would be difficult for most to focus on the part being played while remembering the past lives of the soul.

I, like many others today, believe that our race is on the very precipice of a great awakening, one that will see the stage lights dim and the house lights come on right in the middle of the play! The world needs dreamers and philosophers, and in conjunction with the pragmatics and the scientists we are about to awaken to a 'bigger' and more 'brighter' perception of reality. It'll be as revolutionary as waking up in the morning and realizing that what we thought was reality was in fact a dream and what we thought was dream is in fact reality. It'll be the re-uniting of science and the mystics, but this time it'll probably science that initiates the marriage. Perhaps the CERN project will discover the Unified Theory that "allows all of the fundamental forces between elementary particles to be written in terms of a single field" and this will be the catalyst that'll bring science to acceptance of the soul and the spiritual realms. Perhaps our friends in the 'light crafts' will assist. Who knows how exactly it'll come about but I honestly believe it will come about.

We are indeed living in interesting times and I see people everywhere beginning to awaken to this fact. The days of fanatical adherence to old beliefs structures are over. There is no devil ready to pull your eyes and what we think of as reality is not as real as we thought. What we call reality is a relative term based on our point of view and our awareness, and that point of view is rapidly changing. Even the baby, as suggested above, grows up eventually to realize that it is part and parcel of a Human Race, which is part and parcel of the life on Earth, which is part and parcel of a great Solar System, which is part and parcel ... This is the revelation, that we are ONE and that we have the ability to raise our awareness to that level of ONE. And the basic principals of sharing and treating everyone in the world equally and with compassion bears witness to this concept.

The alarm clock is ringing now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

God, the Universe, and Everything else....is not seperate it's all a singular unity of different unique fractals with different perspectives.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
We can't escape what we are a part of. We can deny it, doubt it, ignore it... but we are part of something.

Exactly. Isolate any one of us in a vacuum from our environment, immediately that person will die. We are intrinsically and undeniably attached to the environment from which we came, and it to the conditions and circumstances from which it originally arose, etc. And just as the supposed "unified field" is still allowing matter to exist, we are still tied to that very same universal consciousness and were never separated from it except in thought.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

This is also true of offspring while still in utero. The mother and child is essentially one. Seperate it from it's enviroment and it will die. But eventually it must leave that enviroment. Togetherness *or "oneness"* for a time for developement then eventual seperation which is what our individual consciousnesses are the open stages of. But this is all STRONGLY just my opinion. I don't pretend supreme knowledge.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

This is also true of offspring while still in utero. The mother and child is essentially one. Seperate it from it's enviroment and it will die. But eventually it must leave that enviroment. Togetherness *or "oneness"* for a time for developement then eventual seperation which is what our individual consciousnesses are the open stages of. But this is all STRONGLY just my opinion. I don't pretend supreme knowledge.

There is always oneness, only the perception of seperateness, and it does not start with a physical biological birth that is only the vessel at which is used to percieve the material universe and it's low frequency 3rd dimensions.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The difference between everything/the universe/unified field and your mother is that you have never left the unified field and you never will. It gives rise to everything, and to go anywhere else is simply to take it with you.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Um, I am sorry but you aren't understanding what I am trying to say here. But here is a hint, "As above. So below.". More less we in our current state are nothing more than perhaps fetus that is for a time "one" with our siblings and parent *in a manner of speaking* but our potential is for sooo much more.

To add: Crap, I realised this can come off as condescending. I did not mean it that way but I am not sure how to say it any other way.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

How can you know we never will? I would argue we do. But once again it would just be my opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So, you are capable of existing outside of the unified field. Can you tell me exactly how?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

When did I say that? I said that I would argue that eventually we leave our parent reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Whatever you would argue, I don't like arguing just for the sake of an argument.

When you leave reality where do you go? Un-reality? Can you formulate a clear thesis as to what exactly you are talking about again?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Considering you are not listening to me I fail to see the point in attempting to elaborate. I respect your position even though I do no share it. Could you please extend me the same courtesy? In fact you fail to notice that I say "for now" *as in our current state of being* you are correct. We are parts of a whole. Though I contend our potential and eventual state is something else entirely.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Ok, you are confusing me as much as the person/people who starred our last two posts.

You are trying to express something, and I do not clearly understand what you are trying to express. I asked you if you could state the whole of what you are asserting more clearly, and you become defensive and ask me to do the same. I will oblige in my next post, but I still do not understand why you have become defensive and accused me of being unwilling to entertain what you are saying even as I am asking you to elaborate upon it.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I somewhat say that it is my opinion that we are in our current state we are more or less unborn offspring. Proto-realities, baby gods, whatever if you will. At current, a part of a whole, just like a baby in utero. But that I believe our potential is to be far more than that. And I get this as a response:

So, you are capable of existing outside of the unified field. Can you tell me exactly how?
Which bespeaks to me at least of a distortion from someone who refuses to even attempt to understand what exactly I am saying. I could be wrong. It could be our history makes me naturally wary with you. But that is how I see it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

There was nothing in your last post that I can object to (at least until you edited in all the vitriol after my quote that was completely unnecessary). It was your response to me saying that you could not leave the unified field, that you would argue that we do, that threw me off, and if you really believe that then it remains an unresolved/unexplained point of yours.

When people talk about "unity" in the ultimate sense there is literally only 1 thing they are talking about, that they could possibly be talking about, though there could exist an infinite number of ways of referring to it from within it.

This 1 thing, is literally the ONLY thing in existence. This is just a way of perceiving, no different than looking at a physical object and calling it 1 object when it could equally be said to be trillions of separate atoms, so seeing things this way quickly becomes self-obvious and can't be debunked, just as you can't debunk calling an object a single object when "really" it consists of unnumbered atoms. "Really" it is also one thing, depending simply upon perception; neither view is "right" or "wrong" or "better" or "worse" except in specific contexts. Instead of viewing everything in existence as separate things, and separate forces at work, they are all perceived as the same thing, which is the only thing in existence, which is "everything." It always exists, and everyone is always intrinsically connected to it. To say you can leave it, is like saying a dog can cross a road without taking the actual dog with it. If you can leave the "everything" then I have to wonder what the "you" is, because if "you" "are" anything at all, you instantly qualify as being a part of "everything."

Viewed in this context, people are not separate, individual things. Rather, we are just part of "everything," specifically the part of everything that "peoples." Waves in the ocean wave, and populations of people "people" (as a verb) the universe. Anger angers the universe, sadness saddens the universe, cooking cooks the universe, loving loves the universe, creating creates the universe, killing kills the universe, experiencing experiences the universe, etc., etc., etc., all of this on the ultimate blank slate of the unified field, which is "all things" combined (ie the 4 fundamental forces according to conventional physics, but obviously there is still more yet), which is therefore from where "all things" arise.

Some other things could be said about this "unity."

It is non-local, meaning it can't possibly exist only here, or only there, because defining 1 location necessarily means excluding others by comparison, and nothing can be excluded from "everything." So it must therefore exist "everywhere" if it can truly be said to be "everything."

Since there is consciousness in the universe, consciousness ultimately arises from the "one thing" and is the original source of this property. Therefore "the source" is not only conscious, but the very source of all consciousness in the universe.

Since awareness and the ability to experience, derive meaning, etc. are present in the universe, these also are part of "everything," arise out of the unified field, and are therefore manifest expressions of definite properties of the unified field.

An infinite number of other things could be said about it, but it can never be exhausted. It is "Tao" from Taoist philosophy. And in fact, this subject is so incomprehensible and impenetrable even for me, I'll end this post with a reference to the Tao te Ching and Taoism in general for further information.. before the water gets too deep and I drown in my own words. Everything is true; nothing is true; everything is arbitrary and known only by relation to something else, so the 1 thing can never be fully understood, as there is nothing to compare it to. Everything belongs to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

bsbray11. You aren't listening to what I am saying............ Good day sir.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I notice that it only took you 6 minutes to produce a one-line response to a post that I actually had to exert a great deal of effort to produce for you, by your own request.

I'm now done responding to you as well, in hopes that at least someone will take something out of that post and the half-hour racking of my brain will not go to waste.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

It's good that you are supplying information I encourage it. But you aren't even beginning to address what I am saying. Thus the reason I no longer wish to continue the conversation and I don't feel I should write a paragraph to say that.
And I feel no need to tear into your beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join