It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antioxidants linked to diabetes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
well here we have some more food for thought.

For years antioxidants have been marketed as a way to reduce the risk of disease, but researchers have found that taking them may actually help bring on Type 2 diabetes.

ABC.Net.Au

sometimes i get the feeling scientists dont know their ass from an apple and its time they should stop trying to further some corporate sponsors agenda by making claims this is good for you or thats good for you the fact of the matter is unless you grow it or raise it yourself nothing you buy in the supermarket is good for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'll stick to my families recipe of olive oil, garlic, wine, and vinegar.

I wonder what people did so many years ago without the invention of antioxidants?

[edit on 10/8/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

You [were] right! The Doctrine of Signatures was flawless. [Darn, you redacted]

I never would have guessed it that antioxidants can cause diabetes. Maybe it's all a ruse.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by beaverg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is all utter drivel. The only purpose it serves is to convince gullible people that what truly is good for you is bad. They are trying to make us weak physically and mentally so we can be more easy to "harvest". Antioxidants do not in any way cause Type 2 Diabetes. What causes Type 2 Diabetes is refined sugars, and artificial junk foods. The fact that such a blatantly false piece of information is being reported makes me very sickened about the state of society, particularly modern medicine.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They would be more honest if they came out and admitted that corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup has caused a significant increase in both Diabetes II and obesity.

According to a 2004 study reported in the American journal of Clinical Nutrition, the rise of Type-2 diabetes since 1980 has closely paralleled the increased use of sweeteners, particularly corn syrup.

Source

Sugar is bad for you but corn syrup/ HFCS is worse, and it's the main sweetener used in the U.S. today.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Honestly, I think diabetes is a load of bollocks.

I have ALL the symptoms of diabetes, yet after numerous blood tests, it has turned out I don't have it...

Bollocks?

I think so.

KJ

new topics

top topics

join