It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival- Above and Beyond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 11-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Homemade Survival Broadheads

I have looked around for manufactured broadheads that I could carry in my survival gear but have always been disappointed. Modern broadheads have a threaded mount which is useless for improvised shafts. There are some end mount broadheads but they tend to disconnect from the shaft and they are difficult to store because the third blade gives them a wide cross section. I wanted something elegantly designed with survival in mind so I designed my own and had a laser cutter make a pile up for me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acf12ccfac9e.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you sell these? If so, how about details?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

Those are awesome aren't they.
I would really love to test some of them out. I never add anything to my bag unless I have used it, abused it, and thoroughly evaluated the usefulness.

Those seem to answer a function rather nicely.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

I don't sell them. I'm happy to make the drawing file and other details available so that you can email it to your local laser cutter. I know that's not the most convenient solution for some, but I've been trying to come up with a way to make them available to whoever could use them and I'm not sure how to do that yet. If you have an idea about that I'd appreciate hearing it.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is one of the survival broadheads halfted to a 3/8 shaft. Its not quite mounted correctly. The broadhead should have been set a little bit deeper so that the blade section starts below the cone of the shaft.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4894bc11b2b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit for typos

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Speaking of radio equipment, I have a couple of survival stashes that I wanted to have world band radio receivers at in case a national or international sit-x occurred. I settled on The Grundig FR-200:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26b614289551.jpg[/atsimg]

While we're at it... don't forget to have a backup set of these stashed away in a faraday cage to preserve them for after the EMP bombs go off
. this segment of your barter economy stockpile immediately quadruples in value after such.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Nice work!
I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end of that.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Wed Oct 14 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by praxis

I don't sell them. I'm happy to make the drawing file and other details available so that you can email it to your local laser cutter.

Please do! I hadnt even thought of that and your design is great!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey there Dainoyfb!

Again what a great thread.

Your broadheads are really good you should sell them you'd make a packet!

And what's more it shows people how good use of modern technology can work well in the field - there are a few on this board that might learn something from you!

Superb my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join