It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Challenger Appears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Haha, not really.
Well hello there fellow ATS members, my name is Garrett, and I finally signed up to this very interesting site after lurking it almost everyday after a friend introduced me to it about a month ago. I'll keep this short and simple with a little about me and some brief thoughts of mine on certain topics.

Now where should I start? Well, I'm a fairly young person, 17 and a senior in high school. I'm a military child, but unlike most I didn't move around alot. I grew up in Hawaii for more than half my life and am now currently residing in Northern Virginia (thought I'd add this just because, you know) . I'm a fairly nice and non-aggressive person, am extremely open to hear what someone has to say about something, and don't get angry and deny a person when they challenge something I said. Also if you're interested about anything about my fathers long military carrier be free to ask.

Now for my thoughts are some flammable topics;
9/11 - Just another "Pearl Harbor" scenario. They had warnings but did nothing to try and get the advantage, didn't work out so well as we can see now.

Iraq/Afghanistan - Iraq has got to be one of the worst things the US has done militarily, next to Vietnam. I'm still not sure what the main reason behind it was, but it sure was stupid. I think Afghanistan was completely justifiable in 2001, but now it's a hopeless fight against an enemy that can't be defeated, and more importantly an enemy our government helped create. For every one we kill 10 more get recruited.

NWO - Don't buy into it just yet.

H1N1 - Not sure what to believe about it's origins or main purpose, but I sure as hell ain't getting a vaccine. I haven't got a single shot since I was in 2nd grade; not sure if that's good or bad. P:

2012/end of world - Hah, hahahaha.

I do believe there is a whole lot of crap going on behind closed doors, that we may never really know the truth about until something happens. So until a bomb goes off in DC, the dollar crashes, or this NWO comes out I'm going to live my life as if nothing is going on. I think it's best to leave the worrying at home, and preferably at the computer desk, and just go out and enjoy your life while you can still do so. Because no matter what you do, if you can't get the masses to stand up with you your fight is futile. I'll be looking forward to learn alot from you people, already it seems almost everyone has something to back up their claim and I like that.

I'm new to all of this so if it seems I only talk about the obvious stuff, it's just because I don't know any better.

Hmm, not so short as I though but w/e.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by grrrrt]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by grrrrt]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Welcome grrr

I'm curious, do very many other people in your age group agree with you about 9/11 or would you say you are the minority?

Kids tend to be more open-minded than adults in general, however many are not particularly interested in world events what with the hormones raging and all, which I faintly recall...sigh.

Enjoy your time here, it can be quite a ride!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!

As stated...enjoy the ride...

Now...be sure when posting a OP you have yer fact sheet at hand as you'll need it

Not that we're non-believers, just make sure you have some rationale to fall back on...

Not all are bad either...just watch where ya post and keep a open mind...

Any views on the H1N1?

Good to have ya aboard!

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

Cool, welcome aboard. Hope you find ATS has enlightening and enjoyable as many others and myself have. I am relatively young myself, 23 to be exact, so don't let the age issue scare you away.

I noticed you didn't say anything about aliens, maybe you can make a good thread about your theory one day.

Again, WELCOME.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hey I am also a recently signed up member and a student currently in school, so i guess I'm kinda in the same boat as you

I just found this website out a month or two ago, and just like you, I have been coming on here pretty much everyday.

And boy, let me tell ya, me whole perspective on the world and life in general has been totally reversed. I can't even see my self a year ago about not being informed about what REALLY happens.

It is a whole different view on life for me now, and i am glad i was woken at an early age, so i know what to expect of this world once i move out.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If I could I would totally give you a star for the thread title

welcome to ats

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RIllZ

COOL! It is great to see so many younger members joining, I remember when I first found this site (the last time before I joined,lol) and I was just starting school and all. ATS certainly is a nice and enlightening place to be. But always remember that just because you hear something on here or anywhere else does not make it true by ANY stretch, just keep that in mind and look at all sides of an issue, not just the side you read see in a thread. Other than that, welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

you seem like a great person. Good thoughts on the various subjects. Given two or three weeks, we'll have you thinking the reptillians are behind it all!!!!

Have fun.

Mike

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Welcome to the jungle bring a machete.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hello, and a warm welcome. I'm not quite sure as somebody from South Africa why bombing and invading a ravaged "stone-age" country like Afghanistan made more sense in 2001 than bombing Iraq (except for a media frenzy of "revenge propaganda"). Did they really think that if Osama was the "king-pin" he was made out to be that they would find him in some cave? In any case, perhaps something to return to at a later stage. Hey, I learnt history from the moment I picked up my first conspiracy book, and many of them have great synoses of events (you can't argue against something if you don't know the basis of what you're arguing against, i.e. "official history". Strangely, even official historians love exposing the endless half-truths and fallacies of current history, much of which started as rumor/conspiracy at some time! It also teaches on geography, biology, wine, women and black goats on the full-moon (ha, ha). I think by picking this site you are way ahead, so welcome and chat later!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Oh wow another debunker who would have guessed!

top topics

join