It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boyfriend broke my heart.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
=(

My (now ex) boyfriend broke up with me and broke my heart.

What are your break-up coping skills?

I would write more but I really can't right now. I just thought I'd let you all know.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No easy way around it. Just confide in those closest to you. Most of the time, its best to see that person as someone you don't know anymore. That person is gone and you need to figure out how to cope without them.

It takes a long time, but most often you will see it as an absolute blessing, even though you may feel like that will never be the case.

Happened to me a few months ago. Believe me, it still hurts, but I am an entirely better person without her.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh honey..
HUGS

He didn't know a good thing when he had it.
Have yourself a good pity party, complete with junk food and girl friends (cause they'll make you smile)...let the tears flow, don't bottle them up...
and give it time..lots of time.
Each day gets easier, it really does.
One foot in front of the other...
HUGS, again.
It sux..I know.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, see, he also took my friends with him.

=(

So... yeah.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
More than anything - NO second chances. When he realizes the stupid mistake he made, do not let him back.

Once you are done with what AccessDenied advised you to do, go out and be in public places (bars, coffee shops, places to dance, whatever is your fancy) and people will notice you. As my oldest daughter recently found out, there were tons of guys that started falling all over themselves when they found out that she was finally single. Even her worthless ex's friends were calling her.

Oh, and let your dad hold you a lot and tell you what a weasely little punk he was and how much better than him you are.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
poor sister come here (gives u a hug) he didnt deserve you,your so enlightened to be here,anytime u need someone to talk to come to me ^^

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Well, see, he also took my friends with him.

=(

So... yeah.

no good lousy scumbag..
Oh did I say that out loud?
Raven, you are beautiful and highly intelligent..not just saying that to make you feel better, it's FACT.
and people will come and go from your life constantly...
Did you learn anything from this experience?
I'll leave you with this....

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.You'll break hearts too, so remember what it felt like when yours was broken.You'll fight with your best friend.You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
So take too many pictures,laugh too much, and love like you have never been hurt, because every sixty seconds you spend upset, is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
-Author Unknown

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Go out and have a good time! And whatever you do, don't give back in!!!!!! They always want what they can't have.
Oh, and sometimes it helps to break somethign preferably of his. I beat up my husbands fishing pole once when we were split and put it back together and he could never figure out why it didnt work right.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh Raven,
Im sorry that you are having to go through this, HUGS to you hun..

Its going to take time.. Try and get out and keep your mind of him (Hard i know) but fill up that sadness with laughs with your closest friends.
Your a smart girl and if he broke up with you then its just not meant to be and your better of without him,

Stay strong and know that we are all here for you when you need us!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I really want him back right now.

I really wish he would just listen to me.

Breaking up was a huge mistake.

I feel like I've lost my mate.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Death/Black Metal to listen to, a good Metal gig to take your anger out on (headbanging/moshing/acting like a idiot works a treat and noone cares,) and lots of Jack Daniels works a treat for me.

Forget girly chats and sobby movies, they only make you remember what you want to forget lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Maybe you could write him a letter, If you think that he is not hearing something you need to say.... It may be worth writing it so that he can read it in his own time, xx

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I agree that communication is key, lest a love be lost to crossed wires and/or a misunderstanding. But ...

One should never have to talk another person or convince another into being with them. Nothing but more suffering to one's heart and self respect can come of it.

Raven, from the little I know you you are a great girl with a kind heart and a good head on your shoulders. Those attributes combined with the ability and willingness to love unconditionally should more than suffice and make you deserving of same reciprocity.

It doesn't mean that you will always receive it but you surely shouldn't settle for anything less.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I really want him back right now.

I really wish he would just listen to me.

Breaking up was a huge mistake.

I feel like I've lost my mate.

No you dont want him back he sounds like a total #.

Theres better men out there you just haven't met them yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Shadows falling in the noonday sun
Blue feeling to the maximum
Look what happens when you love someone
And they don't love you

The heartache
The risk you run
The chance you take
When you love someone
And the sorrow
For the lonely one
When the heartache comes

Never thought I'd be alone like this
Guess I should have been a realist
That's the trouble with relationships
They end too soon

And the heartache
The risk you run
The chance you take
When you love someone
And the sorrow
For the lonely one
When the heartache comes
And the darkness falls
And the rain comes down
In the midst of spring
There's a sadness in the heart of things

And the heartache
The risk you run
The chance you take
When you love someone
And the sorrow
For the lonely one
When the heartache comes

Shadows falling in the noonday sun
Blue feeling to the maximum

Lyrics by Warren Zevon.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He wants to talk to me. I told him not tonight, I can't yet.

I did feel like breaking up was wrong. I do love him. But I'm already halfway through this... so if we decide to work on us... it really has to be worth it.

We really have to be happy.

Otherwise I'm just better off like this.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I tend not to give relationship advice, but I'll make an exception: Just do what feels right. If you don't think the two of you can be happy together, then the break up was probably for the best. However, if you think there's a chance that he could be "the one" then it's definitely worth it to pursue him.

I don't want to push you in either direction so I'll leave it at that, but you do have my thoughts and condolences.

Break-ups suck.

TA

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Generally most guys only want "to talk" because they miss the sex and they know sweet-talking themselves back into a unstable relationship.

Its a sure-fire way of "getting it" for a while until they find a more suitable girl long-term while they at least have some consentual sex in the bedroom and a lot of girls fall for it too easily believing that the guy actually wants to fix things when all they want is their selfish "needs", ex's are ex's for a reason.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

He wants to talk to me. I told him not tonight, I can't yet.

I did feel like breaking up was wrong. I do love him. But I'm already halfway through this... so if we decide to work on us... it really has to be worth it.

We really have to be happy.

Otherwise I'm just better off like this.

People sometimes make mistakes ravenshadow13. Perhaps he just needed time away to gather his thoughts... vent frustration. If you do get back together, it would be helpful to be completely honest with each other and reset your boundaries.

If the relationship has run it's course, know that it is for a good reason. I understand that this doesn't make coping in 'the now' any easier but eventually all will be revealed.

Just stay brave, have faith in yourself as a good person, keep your eyes fixed firmly ahead and never hesitate to call on your true friends. That's what they are for.

Take care,
IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I need some space and time, too.

I think that is what I should do right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join