It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Plans To Ram Obamacare Through Secretly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From the Heritage Foundation:

Leaders in the House and Senate have a plan to pass President Barack Obama’s sweeping health care plan by Thanksgiving without any significant participation by the American public. CNS News has confirmed the details in our September 22nd titled “Passing a Shell of A Bill: Congress’ Secret Plan to Ram Through Health Care Reform.” Nicholas Ballasy reports “a senior aide to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) told CNSNews.com that it is ‘likely’ that Reid will use H.R. 1586—a bill passed by the House in March to impose a 90-percent tax on bonuses paid to employees of certain bailed-out financial institutions—as a ‘shell’ for enacting the final version of the Senate’s health care bill, which Reid is responsible for crafting.”

This story confirms the four part scenario that would railroad the bill through the Senate using a very unusual closed door procedure to craft the bill with no input from the American people.

More at link

blog.heritage.org...

Of course, I'm not surprised. This is how fascist totalitarian states operate around the world, the US being no different.

A few other key pieces of legislation that have been rammed through in a similar manner without adequate debate and no input from the public:

-The "Patriot" Act (which of course guts constitutional protections)
-The Federal Reserve Act
-The "Stimulus" bill
-The TARP bailouts
etc.. etc..

One of our dear leaders commenting on the process:

Congressional leaders don't read the bills, don't write the bills, and have no input on the bills - nor do they listen to the public, nor do they craft legislation within the confines of their constitutional powers. They are corporate pitchmen selling fascist corporate policy to the American public.

If the corporations are big enough and the donations huge enough, the policy will be rammed through regardless of its effects or public opinion.

All bills are written entirely by lobbyists and lawyers hand picked by fascist corporations who have made major donations to the politicians campaigns.

The healthcare bill being a prime example of this kind of fascism in action.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Kick them all out this coming election. Every incumbent. That and don't pay taxes.

Im scared to, but I've claimed 22 dependents so that I can hold onto my tax dollars as long as I can. They cant touch them and I get the interest. It ends up being like 350 dollars i make annually off that tax money, and this includes trading commissions into the funds quarterly.

My new plan is to keep invseting it and whatever I can save per check period (comes out to like 1200 every 2 weeks now) i will hold the entire thing and put it to the gov't near tax season.

But lets kick them up

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If they're gonna ram it through congress i hope they add the year in jail, because they're gonna have to build a damn big prison. We need to gut congress in 2010 and start over fresh. They are ruining us with all the garbage they are passing, such as the stimulis packages, the patriot act, and others. So dont think im being partisan about this its dems and republicans who do this.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is what they should have done from the beginning without all the pandering to Republicans for their "cooperation" and input. Obama was hired to do this! The democrats were handed the House and the Senate so they could pass the bills Obama campaigned on with or without Republican support.

Originally posted by mnemeth1

This story confirms the four part scenario that would railroad the bill through the Senate using a very unusual closed door procedure to craft the bill with no input from the American people.
]

Since when do the American people have input in crafting bills?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic Obama was hired to do this!

"Hired" is the right word.

Although I would heavily debate that it was the American people who did the hiring.

These guys did the actual hiring:

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It certainly is. He works for us. We voted for who we thought was the best person for the job based on his "resume" and "interviews" and we hired him.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are right on that one, I have lost hope for my fellow Americans and I find myself guilty as charge for no doing enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It certainly is. He works for us. We voted for who we thought was the best person for the job based on his "resume" and "interviews" and we hired him.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

He doesn't work for "us".

If he did, he would respect the constitution.

He works for them:

www.opensecrets.org...

As is evidenced by the 23.7 trillion that has been looted by the banking industry.

That healthcare bill you love so much is a fascist bonanza for big pharma and the medical industrial titans, it will effectively prevent any new competition in the medical industry and provide easy lawsuits for the trial lawyers. It also paves the way for a total government take over, rationing, and price controls, which will all be necessary to deal with the pending Medicare bankruptcy crisis.

Here's what the comptroller general has to say about it:

Only a matter of time until we are forced into rationed care.

The elderly that love him so much will be the first to be screwed under such a system.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have a question for those who support Obamacare.

If the government can't manage Medicare or the VA, what makes you think they will be able to manage a nationalized healthcare system on an even grander scale?

Medicare is completely insolvent and is due to bankrupt the country.

53 trillion in unfunded liabilities last time I checked:

mwhodges.home.att.net...

In the 1990s, social security spending increased at 6% per year (double inflation), while Medicare continued at over 11% growth per year (3-4 times faster than inflation). According to the 2005 Trustee Report, Medicare went into deficit spending in 2004.

The 2005 Trustee's report projects 12% of GDP by 2070 (higher than the 10% of this chart) and a 13.6% ratio 10 years later.

In the author's opinion, no way can this nation afford to transfer another 12% of its economy to government medical programs - - and, this medical-type explosion is just for Medicare and does not count the soaring Medicaid program.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The bill that is been proposed doesn't have public option, it even have the military retirees to pay for mandatory private health care want to see the e-mail my retire husband got today? and the bill

TRICARE CHANGES

This is true. It is on pages 77, 172, 218, and 434. You have to dig to see the changes. We (retirees) would lose the Medicare for

life benefit and would have to pay. We would lose TRICARE as a total care
package. We would not be allowed to keep TRICARE

so when Obama stands and says if you like what you have you can keep it, he
lies.

This is a "Heads Up" on a battle we are facing now and down the road with
the new Administration. The Congressional Budget

Office (CBO) has already drafted proposed legislation that would basically
reduce our TRICARE for Life benefits to a system

whereby we pay deductibles and co-pays up to $6,301 the first year for you
and your spouse, with future years being indexed

to increase with inflation. What can we do? The article below, obtained
from an Air Force Association and written by

BG Bob Clements, best describes what we can do. Please read it and check
the links for CBO language and do what Bob

says-Send this email to every Military Retiree you know and write and email
your Congressman often. For those of you that

might have voted for "Change", you should do it more than often!

TRICARE FOR LIFE'S FUTURE . . .

TRICARE For Life was instituted to correct the broken promise that military
retirees would receive free healthcare

coverage for life and it covers the Medicare co-pay. Now a heavy assault has
begun on Veterans'/Retirees' benefits to

pay for other programs our President promised during the campaign. And it is
a high priority of his administration. The one

item of most interest to Retired Military is in Article 189. If approved by
Congress the first assault wave would hit in 11 and

would hit hard. It would initiate cost sharing to require retirees to pay
the first $525 of medical cost and 50% of the next $4,725

for a first year cost of $2,888 per person. It would be indexed to increase
with inflation. A reason given for this action

(for PR effect) is "overuse" by Retirees.

For those of you who are covered by TFL you will want to pay attention
(Below) to what BG Bob Clements has surfaced

about the future of TFL. In any case, on page 189 of the Congressional
Budget Office report, see the note below on how to

get to that spot, there is a strong recommendation to eventually eliminate
the program as it is too expensive. Just another move

to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense
of our country.

You know why he got this e-mail today at his job in a military base here in my neck of the woods where he works? because what is going on is nothing but deceptions..

We all falling for it.

Read the bill,

www.cbo.gov...

We will be rammed mandatory health care by private insurance so the government can save money, the target is mostly the military retirees and vets, the bonus is the American tax payer that now will have to buy private insurance mandatory.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The bill that is been proposed doesn't have public option, it even have the military retirees to pay for mandatory private health care want to see the e-mail my retire husband got today? and the bill

Yeah I know.

Why do you think the insurance industries are now lobbying for it, right along with all the big pharma's and medical providers.

A public option does nothing but cause insurance companies grief, we can't have that now. They donated too much to the Obama campaign to be screwed like that!

But continuing on, obviously I'm glad there is no public option in this proposed piece of fascist legislation. Such an option would drive private insurance out of business and add millions of new dependents to the government's rolls.

Insurance companies are just as crooked and corrupt as the fascist medical giants that tried to ram through the bill with the public option.

The situation will not improve until there is total deregulation of the medical industry by government.

Such deregulation would provide a fertile ground for HSAs and cross-state insurance competition, along with huge reductions in medical provider administration overhead.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am sorry I posted the wrong link,

www.cbo.gov...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Its going to get worst, making private insurance mandatory is still going to cost to the tax payer that then have to pay for those proposed subsidies that the government plan to give in the form of checks to the needy.

Yes at the expenses of my husband very well earned retirement benefits.

The vets and retirees are going to fight this with everything they have.

mandatory health care provided by private insurance is nothing but a way to provide a steady income for the private insurance business in the nation, this can not be better than public option no matter what the opposition said.

Obligatory means you have to get it or else, that is nothing more than dictatorship enforced by our own government to support private entities and many doesn't even realized the ramifications of that.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Its going to get worst, making private insurance mandatory is still going to cost to the tax payer that then have to pay for those proposed subsidies that the government plan to give in the form of checks to the needy.

Yes at the expenses of my husband very well earned retirement benefits.

The vets and retirees are going to fight this with everything they have.

mandatory health care provided by private insurance is nothing but a way to provide a steady income for the private insurance business in the nation, this can not be better than public option no matter what the opposition said.

Obligatory means you have to get it or else, that is nothing more than dictatorship enforced by our own government to support private entities and many doesn't even realized the ramifications of that.

Its a false left-right proposal.

Neither is good.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think we all need to stand by and give complete loyalty to our benevolent political masters. They'd never hurt us. Everything they do is for our benefit. If they ask us to tighten our belts and give up some liberties, it's because that's what's best for us and this country. If they want to pass legislation without the will of the public, it just means that legislation is very important, and we should accept it.

top topics

join