It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question about propane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've ordered 250 gallons of propane on a 500 gallon tank while I was at 20% which should have given me 70% on the tank gauge. The day after they come (When I'm not here.) I go out and read the gauge and it says 60%. After calling and asking where the other 10% is I'm told if the tempeture is colder than when they put it in the propane condenses and thus the lower reading. I'm having my doubts. I don't remember that gauge ever going higher when the weather warmed back up.

They say everything is monitored by the state by a device on the truck, (Which I don't see) and I've read some unfavorable comments about this company on the net, Like opening a valve and just letting it blow out so they can sell you more. Since I'm locked into them for one more year, I'm just wondering if anybody else had the same concerns or works for a propane company and can shed some light on this issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
complain to the boss.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You don't have to believe what they say. I had a problem with a propane company one time over a regulator. I found a site on the net, something like national propane association that had a lot of information about your tanks, etc. I finally told them that the national propane assoc. had the info that I was arguing about and they came and fixed what they didn't do right. Find a site like that either your state or nation and see if it helps you
good luck

new topics

join