It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic balance shifting to India, China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Economic balance shifting to India, China

economictimes.indiatimes.com

the 3,000 employees of Delphi's brake and suspension unit are getting a new boss. Battered by weak sales, Delphi is selling the unit to investors led by a company named Shougang Corp.

Shougang is a steel maker owned by the government of China

"Everyone's so desperate for cash that the Chinese show up with a checkbook and people say, `Yes, please',"

Explosive growth in China and India, coupled with Japan's clout as the world's No. 2 economy, has long been expected to shift economic pow
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

"China certainly comes out of the crisis stronger rather than weaker, and it's the opposite for the United States," says Stephen Roach, chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia.

You gotta admit, China isn't stupid, they know what they are doing! Imagine if the U.S. was as smart?

U.S. used to be a creditor nation, now it's a debtor nation with a horrible credit history. China Owns America!

It's honestly a huge real shame, I can honestly say it's really a shame!

The United States is China's biggest trade partner. China sent $338 billion in goods here last year. Beijing is Washington's biggest creditor, with more than $800 billion invested in government debt.

Wow, $800 Billion!

And not only that, but when confidence in USD goes down the drain what will $800 Billion become????

And in the end, who loses by a massive gigantic margin?

btw, Dell closes a plant
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The US/west is not and has not been perfect, but it's been a "better" dominant force in the world than the USSR would have been.

China is still defiantly one party communist (as the recent display in Peking showed), and has no intention of changing (regardless of the irony or contradictions of allowing some market economy structure)- and it's relentless march of domination across the world should cause pause for thought.............

[edit on 8-10-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Delphi is associated with GM, lat i remeber hearing and reading about..dosnt suprise me. Delphi, is a major maker for NAPA auto parts. Thier virtually and/or are in fact, GM made. Thier not bad aftermarket produsts, but they are a tad overpriced....i need a new EGR vavle for my car, a 95 neon...NAPA delphi new, is $180 dealer, OEM how things should be...list is $222...discounted to $112. Thiers noting that special about Delphi, other than it will almost last as long as an OEM part. Worst ones to get, are from Autozone.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
and it's relentless march of domination across the world should cause pause for thought.............

Wait..... Who's relentless march of domination across the world????
Who's doing this "marching" again?

Do you even know why U.S. currency is so almost worthless?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Wait..... Who's relentless march of domination across the world????
Who's doing this "marching" again?

What is with the inanery, the Chinese, ie, who we are discussing in this thread

Do you even know why U.S. currency is so almost worthless?

Not sure how that invalidates my point about being concerned by the increasing influence of a one party Communist state across the globe, but no doubt you have a splendidly clever answer

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Well.. i'm just saying
over 800 bases in over 130 countries man
and they aren't owned by the chinese

and so many MASSIVE "embassies" with 90% military personnel.

Sorry bro but it ain't the Chinese marching around the world.
And if the majority of you countrymen understood this perharps we wouldn't be in this mess.

And if you were reffering to the Chinese buying everything
well...... at least they aren't doing it illegally
They are oppressing their own people, sure
but i'm sorry not the rest of the world

In fact, alot can be learned from China if we weren't so arrogant

And I am saying this, the same person who said it's most likely China sending these Maoist terroists to India to divide it.

As far as communism, well to each country their own.
Sovereignty needs to prevail, it's mind boggling how elected officals don't get this

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You gotta admit, China isn't stupid, they know what they are doing! Imagine if the U.S. was as smart?

The US was this smart.. remember WW2 when the US stood on the sidelines selling everyone weapons, lending them money and developing its industry to become No1?

Then the US let capitalism get out of control and now it has already lost 25% of its wealth in the last year.

China is barely bigger economics wise than Germany and it is absolutely nothing in comparison the the EU or US, fair enough, they will be eventually but there is plenty of maneuvering going on in the western world at the moment to ensure China never become top Dog. See the EU for example.

No doubt that the balance of power will move more and more over to Asia and the southern hemisphere but thats not a bad thing either. The US was after getting out of hand big time and needed to sit back down.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well.. i'm just saying
over 800 bases in over 130 countries man
and they aren't owned by the chinese

and so many MASSIVE "embassies" with 90% military personnel.

Firstly, I have no idea why you are referring to the US, I am not a fan of US global utopian policy, but even if I was it does not mean China is RAPIDLY expanding her influence across the globe

Sorry bro but it ain't the Chinese marching around the world.

not at the moment, no

And if the majority of you countrymen understood this perharps we wouldn't be in this mess.

You need to open you mind and stop being judgemental, I am not an AMerican and oppose the Iraq venture- none of that in anyway would have negated my point about being wary of increaing global influence of a country run by a one party communist state

And if you were reffering to the Chinese buying everything
well...... at least they aren't doing it illegally
They are oppressing their own people, sure
but i'm sorry not the rest of the world

Yes, I'm sure the Chinese dealings in Africa are much more humane and "open" than the west- heard it all now!

In fact, alot can be learned from China if we weren't so arrogant

Certainly not their totalitarian governance

And I am saying this, the same person who said it's most likely China sending these Maoist terroists to India to divide it.

possibly true

As far as communism, well to each country their own.
Sovereignty needs to prevail, it's mind boggling how elected officals don't get this

you are preaching to the converted on that score

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
The US was this smart.. remember WW2 when the US stood on the sidelines selling everyone weapons, lending them money and developing its industry to become No1?

Then the US let capitalism get out of control and now it has already lost 25% of its wealth in the last year.

China is barely bigger economics wise than Germany and it is absolutely nothing in comparison the the EU or US, fair enough, they will be eventually but there is plenty of maneuvering going on in the western world at the moment to ensure China never become top Dog. See the EU for example.

No doubt that the balance of power will move more and more over to Asia and the southern hemisphere but thats not a bad thing either. The US was after getting out of hand big time and needed to sit back down.

As imperfect as the US is, it is ALWAYS worse when a one party totalitarian state starts to exert global influence

top topics

join