It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quantum Theory of Precognition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You have just had a vision, wide-awake you catch a glimpse of death and destruction, bombs falling, people screaming. Names, dates, the smell of flesh burning ... all flash before your consciousness.

You know what your dreams are like, your nightmares. They are as familiar to you as your own family - but this, this is something you cannot explain. This rips your soul apart and your mind feels violated.

Have you just had a glimpse of the future? Who can you tell, who will believe. Who must be warned?

This post is to attempt explain the Quantum Theory of Precognition - and why Prophecies and Visions of the Future SELDOM succeed.

First, a couple of definitions:

1. Precognition

Precognition is defined as “the paranormal ability of the human mind to perceive thoughts, events or situations in advance of their happening––to know what is going to happen by purely psychic means.”

www.manyuniverses.com...

Precognition is the direct knowledge or perception of the future, obtained through extrasensory means. Precognition is the most frequently reported of all extrasensory perception (ESP) experiences, occurring most often (60 percent to 70 percent) in dreams. It may also occur spontaneously in waking visions, auditory hallucinations, flashing thoughts entering the mind, and the sense of "knowing." Precognitive knowledge also may be induced through trance, channeling, mediumship, and divination.

www.themystica.com...

I am not going to explore why some people are precognitive, or why it can manifest or disappear without warning.

2. Quantum Theory

Quantum physics deals with unexpected realities of "neither-nor," where the usual picture of reality breaks down. Photons (discrete units of light) and other very small things are neither waves nor particles. Radiators of photons such as neon lights have spectra, but the spectra are chopped up instead of being continuous. The energies carried by photons form a discontinuous and color coded series. The energies, the colors, and the spectral intensities of electromagnetic radiation produced are all interconnected by laws. But the same laws ordain that the more closely one pins down one measure the more wildly another measure relating to the same thing must fluctuate. Even more disconcerting, particles can be created as twins and therefore as entangled entities -- which means that doing something that pins down one characteristic of one particle will determine something about its entangled twin even if it is millions and millions of miles away

en.wikipedia.org...

3. The Uncertainty Principle

The basic premise of the theory is the following:

"One of the most bizarre premises of quantum theory, which has long fascinated philosophers and physicists alike, states that by the very act of watching, the observer affects the observed reality."

en.wikipedia.org...

This is also known as the Uncertainty Principle:

the Heisenberg uncertainty principle states that certain pairs of physical properties, like position and momentum, cannot both be known to arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is known, the less precisely the other can be known.

Quantum Theory and Precognition (or finding the perfect wave for the perfect prophecy):

This section ties together Precognition, Quantum Mechanics and The Uncertainty Principle.

One class of parapsychological theories makes reference to the measurement problem in quantum mechanics, particularly as it implicates the constructive role of human observation. Precognition, in the context of these theories, is generally conceived in the manner of retroactive psychokinesis, but without recourse to any notion of the transmission of psychophysical energy. According to some observational theories, it is at the point of observation of a future event that the event is, in fact, determined, and, under certain conditions of motivation, randomness and feedback, this future observation can inform the present observer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Contemplate this for a while:
- Future has infinite possibilities.
- Reality is created by our minds.
- Time is tied to space - space is something we may make up with our consciousness.

It has been theorised that most successful precognition or prophecy takes place less than 48 hours before an event.
Why is this?

Remember that the further ahead your vision may be in time, the more Uncertainty is being introduced to the equation; therefore, the greater the chance that your vision will not come true.

Let me put it another way:
You impulsively book a weekend getaway on Thursday – you know you are going to be free this weekend, you know you have the money, and you have the perfect willing partner. There is very little uncertainty.
You can this predict with a large amount of confidence that this weekend getaway will happen!

But, at the same time, you also plan a week away in a year’s time to the Bahamas. You think you will get leave from work, you hope you have the cash, and you hope you will have a willing partner to share the experience.
The uncertainty has increased!

The simple factor of time has increased the Uncertainty.

Further reading - MultiVerses and Parallel Universes The Test of Three.
www.burlingtonnews.net...

The US Military released an interesting document entitled Teleportation Physics Study (telekinesis)
www.fas.org...
from the article
www.physicsforums.com...

[edit on 8/10/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Let's see if I'm getting what you saying..

Because this does seem alot like the power of attraction? What you will to happen, will surely happen giving enough positive thinking and energy being sent in that direction?

Now I might be totally offline here but...

Couldnt it be then that let's say.. your own fears and/or fantasies are what brings these visions to light??

Again like I said I might be way offline?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No one can tell but you, not anyone on earth can read anothers thoughts and say what they mean, period.

Some people are better than others,a nd if your anything i would keep my mouth shut, as your life may be turned into a thing the government uses, and you have no life left.

My advice to anyone out there that thinks they have some skill, shut your mouth and never talk to anyone about it, and do never bring attention, especially of government of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Coffin_kitten

There is a certain school of thought that subscribes to that idea. The whole idea of wishful thinking (or thoughts can actually influence your own environment).

I am not sure what role this plays - I am talking more about the theory that your thoughts can affect a certain "predestined" reality.

Will have to think and research more about the other theories.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ah, you have touched on one of my more paranoid thoughts - that precognitive prophecies (prophets) are being monitored/controlled/suppressed.

That is a whole different thread altogether.

However, I believe that the more we put our visions out there, the more we can influence the negative future:

the effect of observing changes that which we are observing.

Some people cannot deal with this idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would not bother believing in the secret view of the world. Be careful what you wish for, and what you wish on other people, as irony rules this world, more than any other physical equation.

You will always find that nature has ways to find irony on how you approach this positive thinking garbage.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Andy, what is your theory on precognition?

I know you are not of the school of thought that we can postively alter the future (to be fair, neither do I) - but I do believe because of the role quantum mechanics plays that we can affect the future (even unconsciously). Or we can affect A possible future.
Assuming that future is infinite.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Coffin_kitten

hmmmm perhaps this:

Circular cause and consequence: A subtler form of paradox concerns the problem of events that are actually caused by the foreseeing of the event. Though in and of itself this chain is logically consistent, it is a chicken or egg problem – if the event did not happen the viewer would not have seen it, which would have prevented it from happening.

or this

Self-fulfilling prophecy and Unconscious enactment in which people bring events that they have precognized to pass, but without their conscious knowledge.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's a bit of a rabbit hole ... and basically comes down to ones beliefs and experiences.
Throw in a large sheet of tinfoil and we have a full-blown Alternative Theory!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I think in life your half destiny and half free will. If your life is going to be destroyed it will be, and no matter what you do.

I think events and all that can change, like if someone good predicts a football match the authorities can use weapons to make sure the side supposed to win loses, as they could all come down with sickness or something.

But if your dealing with lifes, i think if your life is going to be wrecked it will be. If you change certain events it may just happen in another manner. Like getting from one place to another, you can go in all sorts of directions, but you still get to your destination.

It is an absolute waste of time for me, that people like the government steal thoughts of people who they think are good at seeing things that may happen. The thoughts inside the mind of one, cannot ever be interpreted by another period.

It is a very complex thing, but i do think we all live in our own worlds. How those worlds all interact into what we call the universe is beyond comprehension isnt it. Just imagine how many own worlds on this planet coexist, and how reality fusses them together.

For me to study 1 person for positive thing like they do, is useless and just wasting that persons life. The world that person lives in cannot be understood in any equation that we understand, so the no of variables to that life is something you cannot understand.

They are just wasting the life of the people they choose to study and wreck. They would be better of just studying mass experiments than individuals.

Irony plays a massive counter to positive thinking that no scientist understands. Irony is the reason why positive thinking does not work, in nature, and never will.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Andy, if you have had a vision that has absolutely nothing to do with your life - and furthermore can not really affect it directly (although all events, past, present and future cause a ripple effect in time and space) then you begin to appreciate the sick sense of humour that Irony or Karma has.

When you feel that you have unconsciously influenced a Future Event, then you begin to wonder what is the Nature of Reality.

Edit to add:

Believe me, nothing I see in the future is the outcome of my positive thinking. In fact it goes contrary to all that I believe and don't believe.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

I know you are not of the school of thought that we can postively alter the future (to be fair, neither do I) - but I do believe because of the role quantum mechanics plays that we can affect the future (even unconsciously). Or we can affect A possible future.
Assuming that future is infinite.

You don't "affect" the future, you *choose* it.
All that could ever happen (i.e. everything you can imagine) is a living potentiality. (So yes, in that sense the future is "infinite".) Your consciousness/awareness does the choosing.

That's my opinion. It's not based on literature but it is based on personal experience and thought. I am good at precognition, no matter if I like it or not. (Which I don't.)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I never said that i have not. This is a subject i am careful on speaking about.

I do not believe in positive thinking either, though i believe more that the world is ironic.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

Precognition is a terrible burden. It changes everything. Your life, relationships.

You have to be so careful what you revela to family friends - because sooner or later someone is going to try have you committed because they mean well.

No matter how good an employee/father/lover/friend you are - some people will think it's for "your own good" if you have a little electro-shock therapy.
Thankfully I am not talking from own experience - when I start talking with people about my experiences, I quickly gauge from the look on their faces whether I should change the subject or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ah... glad to see someone who *knows* what we're talking about here.

I have nothing to add to your words. Yes, it is a heavy burden.

(Except on the few occasions I have actually won prizes on the lottery!
So yes, that happens too.)

Or maybe... yes, I have a question for the "Big Guy", if S/he is listening...

What is the purpose of precognition if you can't prevent certain things?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

Precognition is a terrible burden. It changes everything. Your life, relationships.

You have to be so careful what you revela to family friends - because sooner or later someone is going to try have you committed because they mean well.

Yep even though i am right in things, people just do not understand like you said. Thats why you need to be analytical, with these things.

The worst thing is having things being reinforced by them coming true. Thats a real nightmare.

I gave up watching footie as it became to boring, for me. I just cannot sit there anymore and just watch and enjoy. It really became such a bore, watching and you know.

But like you say never ever say things to anyone about this or, you will either be used, or you will be put on tablets, even though you are right. Does not matter if your right, people seem scared of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What is the purpose of seeing the future if we can do nothing about it?

I would love to know more about yours? My own visions were so vast (global in scale) that I had no idea what they were until after or during the fact? Without context I could not even think to place them.

Gift or curse? Neither?

I have come to the conclusion (to save myself the burden of guilt) that there is no morality in being "chosen" or being "open" to the particular frequency that the future is curently being broadcast on.

I, for one, just happend to stumble on the right frequence and got a glimpse of one possible future.

Quantum Mechanics dictates that such a thing is possible and there is no malice or intent.

It just happened. How can I feel guily? Surely not?

Yet I am a moral person with a superhero complex. I would love to be able to save lives from precognition.

Logic dictates otherwise.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The way i look at it, is i am the way i am because thats the way i was supposed to be. I gave up on life as its too much hassle, and i found people are scared of it.

Just remember if you are like you say, its because your meant to be that way. Maybe your life did not go as it would have done, if you never found these things, as mine would and should of been normal, but people forced me into this stuff.

Be careful you do not end up like me, being used and you will end up with no life of your own, as people using you do not give adamn, and i think it comes down to being that people are scared.

So keep your mouth shut, and never bring attention to who you are, even to your loved ones as i would never have spoken about this, but like i said it was forced into my life, as people behind my back spotted something, and they brought scum into my life that choose to use me, without my authority or acceptance.

It would of been funny to live my life in secret and see what may of happened, and how far these things go, but that was not to be. Thankfully i am a nobody and never will be, and without this being forced on me, i doubt i would of felt different, as most of my life i thought this was normal for everyone, but it is not.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I am really sorry to hear you have had a hard time of it
All a person needs in life is acceptance for who you are.

My experience is the opposite ... I used to be the outcast, the outsider. now I find everyone is drawn to me .... perfect strangers. They walk up to me and want to know me. For an introvert like me it can be difficult to handle and accept.

It's a sense of power, or maybe that I have become complete in my understanding of myself - no need to impress, and no need to be impressed.

I am lucky because my family has accepted my differences - and oddly enough these differences have made me the strong one amongst my siblings.

I used to envy one of my older brothers, a golden boy ... with all the objects and friends that money could buy. I recently discovered that he envies me for the simplicity in my life - because I do not chase the material things he does.

If I ever become afraid of saying what I think or feel when I am around my friends or family then I am in serious trouble.
Andy, at least you have a forum like ATS where you can speak your mind without being judged.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I don't know if "logic" has anything to do with actual life.....

I don't think my having this... thing (it's neither a gift or a curse, but it sure does feel like a burden. Well, most of the times. Those who listen to me have also been able to take action before getting embroiled in situations that were clearly no good for them), anyway, I don't think my having this ability (which is not "switched" on all of the time, it's something I have little control over) was in any way "predetermined" or anything. It may not be "meaningful" at all. What I do know as that it appears to be genetic, on my mother's side.

But I do feel like there could be an underlying "functionality", a utilitarian purpose, to everythig in the universe. And most scientific research appears to be geared that way, that's their basic assumption: what is the "use" of this or that (organ, phnomenon, etc.)?

Which is why it feels like there could or should be a "utilitarian" purpose to this ability. And that's why it feels so frustrating to be unable to prevent many ("bad", i.e. undesirable) things that you clearly sense or even see in advance.

However I don't feel we can "do nothing" about the future.
As I said previously, I believe we can choose (by focused attention, by synchronizing ourselves to a desired outcome) from a "soup" of endless possiblities.
It's just that situations that are "bigger" than individuals, than ourselves, because they involve many people cannot depend on the "choice" of a single individual. (That's why "positive thinking" - actually positive *feeling* - is so important, IMO, so long as we act accordingly.)

RE how I "do" this: first I get a feeling, usually vague, then I try to identify it, where it's coming from, and then bracing myself!, I clear my mind to see if I can get more concrete information about it. If there is something (and it's not just a queasy feeling because I ate something bad
), I get fragments of actions, situations yet to happen. I am sure I could get a whole lot more if I wasn't scared of what I might see. It's highly unpleasant.

Then, if the situation is undesired and relates to my own personal life, I do everything in my power to stand in the way of such a course of events and divert it, like you would divert a river, by deciding it's *not* going to happen and acting accordingly. *Deciding* is the decisive word here.

But sometimes, when it involves other people, I can do nothing about it, except trying by all means to get them to steer away from that course. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
When it doesn't.... that's a terrible feeling.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I just saw you asked about the range of these feelings. Yes, I've had distinct visions about very specific events involving different regions and countries (war, killings, very specific buildings sustaining very specific damage), eight years before they happened. At the time there was no indication that something like that could ever happen.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I was reading a post online today about David Wilcox, and find it interesting that he mentions the Heisenberg Principle:

This is a war, in a very real sense, and making any prophecy about it may engage the Heisenberg principle -- by observing the future you also change it. Therefore I do not want to get very specific, though I do have specifics.

Link

I shall have to do more research on him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join