It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Ragnarok

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

Security of people comes from being pretty secluded and rifles lol. We have a lot of fridges and a freezer to store food, and planning in future to dig an underground food store, because it keep it cooler.
There is also a lake nearby for water, hence the boats. The road to get all the way up there is highway, and then goes off into gravel road, and THAT goes off onto a beaten path, so its not too noticeable. Also the bugs are no worse than at my house! Very few there.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Up north there is so much unuse land that you could build and no one notice. We just happen to have a land from someone who had before, so it is not perfectly secret.

I have plans for it of course with walls and to make everything solar power! Dont cha know the only way to beat Odin is to trick him or be in his favour!!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

Rain water is safe to drink because it is not 'standing' water. But we boil it just in case. If it sits in a barrel it is subject to parasites and bacteria again. But when just fell it is very clean and safe acidity.

reply to post by Adam West

It is under my friends' name not mine but we can all contribute. So he owns it. It is not middle of nowhere but a good distance to closest gas station even.

reply to post by Helios813

I dont give out my information identically but west Canada. I use to live in Norway. This property is up hours north of my house.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FightThePower

Never! You can get logs, practice building wherever you are, and if you live in a secluded place no one will even know, so your land is secret!

reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

Ha ja, well you have to not always think of yourself right, so its not all 'what I want'. You can trade funny stories for veggies

reply to post by bettermakings

For sure, but its one of those things that I wont do until necessary, like use leaves as toilet paper
long as there something better I do that

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

No! not yet but I am planning on a greenhouse when I have time. Then I want to bring up my plants of the pics, because they are mostly just grown in one pot, very easy to do!

reply to post by Sibilance

Its better than 50 'thats cool' comment

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by virricocha

LOL shhh dont tell... meth is necessary for survival!... fishing lure like on King of the Hill haha

reply to post by DayKnightmare

Vodka distillery... you are listing my broken dream!
My plan B is to move to Helsinki to be near my sustenance
who needs food when you got a bottle of dreams

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelur

Very few people in vicinity and the poor and homeless in big cities have no way of getting up there... but the odd violent drifters we have rifles for. Also, economic depression did not hit here hard! our dollar is surpassing USD

reply to post by fossilera

Correct we have generator! But I plan on putting solar panels on the water-shed roof and hope to have all self-sustained by 2011 at least.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mindpurge

You know it will fall through with the zombie-domino effect. And the crimson heads dont # around! In RE1 they scare the # out of me that I screamed... if only I could carry more than 6 items!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
it's awesome. i want something like this! an old phone company bunker.

now THAT's a shelter

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
hoooly I want! at 440,000 you cant afford not to! I would serious ly get that if I live in the US!! was looking for a new place anyway... imagine the party potential of that bunker!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

i remember seeing it for sale a few years ago and it was over a million dollars...and that was apparently before the guy who has it now, fixed it up a bit if i remember correctly, it's in wyoming. so if yellowstone caldera popped, you'd probably survive but have to dig your way out. lol it has a huge lift and conveyor belt too, if recall. the lift is for putting in and removing large pieces of equipment, like generators and kitchen appliances

these crazy people bought an old atlas e. missle silo, turned it into a home and are selling it for 2.3 million. place is gigantic, even has its own airstrip lol

www.missilebases.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Detroit has plots of lands and houses for sale for a few hundred $$ to a thousand. I say we pool our resources and buy up a city block. Concrete the whole thing off and create our own ATS clubhouse!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

i'm allergic to michigan.
seriously. i dunno what blooms or floats around in the air there, but every spring/summer, i'd be sneezing constantly with big puffy red eyes and every winter i'd have one bronchial infection after another. lucky to have gotten outta there alive.

pick a place with wide open outdoors! and not so blasted cold. brrr.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
You need a maid...

2nd line.

Too right, when TSHTF we all must remember, if you don't have a maid, you're a pauper and no one will like you !!

Maids are musts !!!!!1

Hey, if I wear a nice sleek dress, can I move in there with yas? You don't mind beards do you??

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
1. it's above ground and therefore not safe.

Wrong. Everyone else will be underground. Above ground would be the safest place in that case.

2. It's really grubby and could use a good clean up

To keep away the snobs. Again, a unique method of ensuring personal safety.

3. Ill bet your kids hate you for being paranoid and making them live in the woods like they are in the 19th century.

Kids will like what they're told to like. Or they can live udnerground with the povs. oO

4. lol

Profit???

5. if armageddon does happen, I can't think of a single reason why I would want to live through it.

All the more food for us then ! Leave the key under the doormat, and make sure you keep the fridge running after you go.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Don't forget, you can eat grape-leaves, raw or cooked. It's used all over the Mediterranean and Middle-East.

I never knew that. Interesting.

I would have thought they were as leafy as most other plant foliage. We used to have a vine, never thought of it.

Cool.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

You have all done a great job of getting things set up, tidiness is important in such a situation though.

And, your kids wouldn't hate you. We lived that way for a number of years while our children (5 sons) were growing up. After a couple of years we did get electricity, which we all enjoyed (especially when getting up before daylight for school). They loved having the whole outside as a yard, and learned the area for miles around through explorations. Most people don't believe them when they tell about how they grew up. They weren't couch potatoes and they know living without modern bs is easier than most think. Kids growing up that way are more able to face the realities/difficulties in life and still be able to keep peace of mind.

As for my husband and myself, we've only had running water in our home for the last 2 years, we collected rainwater for most purposes. Drinking water we imported from relatives (because it was easiest), however, setting up a distillation station isn't really that hard, you should really look into that, safe water is important.

Time to get offline, keep up the good work.

See ya,
Shea

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Lol!! that would be too cool, a city just for us, and we can declare independence from any country
and we will call it Petoria! I tried Peterland but the gay bar down by the airport already took it

reply to post by SheaWolf

Well tidiness is not so important, as knowing where things are. As long as its organised into messyness it will work haha.

And again I dont have kids you can look at my age in my profile...
Not to say I havent had girlfriends younger who already had kids *cough*

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nice enthusiasm, but to be completely honest I think this whole plan will fall to pieces if ever something really happens. Do you honestly think that whole thing is all going to work in a comprimised situation? I can just imagine water leaking into one of those under cover sections, or you not being able to go from one spot to another due to outdoor conditions..

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I would be concerned, obviously not knowing the details of your arrangement, by a couple of things.

i) I don't know how many people this designed for. Are you all singing from the same song-sheet so-to-speak? Are you all agreed as to how the enterprise moves forward or are you at the mercy of an "overlord"?

ii) How much physical expenditure would be required in collecting lake-water worst-case scenario?

iii) More worst case; what sort of redundancies have been factored for vis. the fridges and freezers, generators, fuel supplies, wind, solar etc.?

iv) Is this "Bug Out Location" close enough for you to get to within a couple of hours?

Most of these questions I am sure you have already addressed. I ask them because I don't think the other readers are interested in the detail that has to go into something like this. Yes, it looks very pretty, but you know more than anyone the level of work that is required to attain this. I fear that some reading this thread have adopted the "magic wand" approach.

S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join