It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chainsaw as weapon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Obvious troll is obvious.

Must not feed!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Clearly the greatest idea ever. You could be a lumberjack from miles away!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
One message from me: Don't be fooled by Hollywood!.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I saw this a while back, and I think it more of a joke than anything imitating gears of war, but I wonder if it could have some real world applications like door breaching

Some videos of it in action

Knights Armament M249 chainSAW

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I saw this a while back, and I think it more of a joke than anything imitating gears of war, but I wonder if it could have some real world applications like door breaching

Some videos of it in action

Knights Armament M249 chainSAW

Finally! the Weaponized Chainsaw have find its Purpose on real life but how about anything other than door Breaching?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

I laughed so hard I made myself sick...and light headed....

The absolute stupidity of men with nothing better to do!

Thanks I needed that!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't exclude chainsaw as melee weapon directly though, as it has a very strong psychological factor and to be honest, when it touches you, you are pretty much a goner. Furthermore, you can find chainsaws in many weird and wonderful places, where you wouldn't find stuff such as bayonets and what not.

Though obviously I would rather carry a large axe or knife with me and leave the chainsaw to the car (for those nasty after storm trees).

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

ive used chainsaws all the time to cut animals in half. in fact, just two weeks ago i cut a moose lengthwise right down the backbone. chainsaws are vicious instruments. and of course, i could see a big problem cutting a human in half with one, especially if you cut them at the waist and the weight falls on top of the chain. if you hit the top end of the chain it could kick back at you; of course all chainsaws have brakes to stop one from cutting you up, but they dont always work. another problem is this- chainsaws are meant for cutting still objects, not moving ones, and if the target started to move, it could pinch the chain and cause problems.

obviously, nobody in their right mind would murder people with a chainsaw, but you asked.

though i do give it some points as a weapon for one reason- you gonna mess with a chainsaw wielding madman? i didnt think so.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTouched

Well, if somebody's going about murdering people I'd say they haven't been in their right mind for awhile.

I'll concede that if somebody were kicking in my front door right now, I'd rather be holding a chainsaw than be sitting here with my bare hands. But if I had to lug a melee weapon through a battlefield or survive in the wilderness for a prolonged period of time I'd much rather have a good knife, tomahawk, or other similar weapon than a chainsaw.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by masonicon
How about powered exoskeletons with onboard chainsaw built on their wrists?

Why not use a pistol? Just trying to think of all the noise, fumes and general danger of cutting yourself to pieces. Powered exoskeleton not withstanding.

Regards

What's happen if that same Exoskeleton have Onboard Minigun built on their wrists or Onboard FGM-148 Javelin (repeating Variant) built on their shoulders Instead Onboard Chainsaw?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What's happen if Chainsaw is used to Fight Zombies? (Those zombies are restricted to archetypal flesh-eating zombies)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

ChainsawsThanks to movies like the Evil Dead series and video games, many people immediately think of chainsaws when they think of great weapons for killing zombies. This mentality will get a lot of people killed. Despite the much-needed morale boost you may get from wielding one, chainsaws are among the worst weapons for putting down the undead. A chainsaw is a complex machine, and as a rule, any machine with moving parts should be immediately discounted as an effective melee weapon against a zombie. They're heavy (usually 10 lbs.), they're loud, they can get jammed with zombie guts, they create splatter that can get in your face and infect you, they can easily cut the person wielding it (as seen in the Dawn of the Dead remake, and the reason why loggers who use these wear special clothing), the chain can break easily (there are gruesome stories of loggers who lost limbs when the chain snapped and flew off because of a simple nail embedded in the tree by an eco-terrorist), and when they run out of gas or batteries, there's as much remaining killing potential as a handheld boom box. Finally, the "scare effect" of fighting a chainsaw-wielding lunatic is completely lost on the unfeeling undead. Do not, under any circumstances, consider using a chainsaw to fight even a single zombie. Instead, use it to clear brush in a safe zone, or better yet, scare off the occasional scavenger. Also, the chainsaw in terms of killing power is a tad overkill, and requires some effort on the part of the user to cut into a zombie's neck or head, and pulling the weapon out after the kill can be difficult due to weight and often panic caused by the numerous other zombies swarming over you.

SOURCE

And it doesn't mention the fact that it will attract them with the noise.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah used as weapons on tons of horror movies during the Slasher Film era, it was a great choice for a weapon and can it be used, YEAH!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Texas Chainshaw Massacre is great example of a film

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well if you need to and only if you really need to the best melee weapon you could ever dream of is found at the end of your arms.

Chainsaw will run out of gas, my socket jabbing finger of death won't

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Chainsaws snag easy,
i have worked with them for years, a tree climbers chainsaw paks some power and it one handed. If it cuts it cuts deep and wide. But as a wepon in combat are you for real it would be silly x

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hands move faster, strike more accurately and if used correctly can do more damage without the mess.

As a melee weapon a chainsaw is a bit rubbish to be honest, sorry zombie chewing fans.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What's happen if Chainsaws is used with Superhuman Strength by Nanosuit Clad guys or Mecha?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have a Jonsered-Poulan-Stihl chain saws. 16" and 20" working bars.
I couldnt see fighting with any of them. Someone with an eight foot sharpened stick would defeat you. Most people dont interact with these tools, Thats why theyre afraid of the sounds they make.
Theyre more of a hazard to the user.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
for a while now I've have been thinking of taking one of these..

and removing the pole and mounting the motor on a back pack and use some flexible drive train to form a short chain"sword"... purely for industrial purposes

bit like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join