It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michael Salla : ETs Among Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Dr. Michael Salla is an internationally recognized scholar in international politics, conflict resolution, US foreign policy , He has conducted research and fieldwork in the ethnic conflicts in East Timor, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Sri Lanka, and organized peacemaking initiatives involving mid to high level participants from these conflicts.
His current exopolitical interests have led him to assert that the undisclosed presence of extraterrestrials is one of the primary forces behind international conflict. He further states that the claims of various "whistleblowers" (informants) suggest that as many as sixteen different extraterrestrial civilizations are currently interacting with the human race while a number of other extraterrestrial races monitor Earth affairs, while avoiding contact.
In this interview with George Noory Dr Sala covers Eisenhower's alleged 1954 meeting with ETs and the reason for his belief that Extra Terrestrials have interacted with mankind for centuries.
Its a long interview but worth a listen .

Part 2 Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12

Exopolitics.org

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This guys sounds like an absurd fool. Since I know this tripe isn't true, what kind of psychotic megalomaniac do you need to be in order to spout stuff like this off?

You guys need to realize, that foolish, idiotic stuff like this only hurts the very subject and cause you want to help. Please, I implore you to use a little logic, reason and common sense before giving fools like this a stage.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
thks for posting link.
I believe an italian professor and certain village people in italy have been helping human type ets for years. since 1957 i think.

s

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
This guys sounds like an absurd fool. Since I know this tripe isn't true, what kind of psychotic megalomaniac do you need to be in order to spout stuff like this off?

Dr. Michael Salla is an internationally recognized scholar in international politics, conflict resolution, US foreign policy , He has conducted research and fieldwork in the ethnic conflicts in East Timor, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Sri Lanka, and organized peacemaking initiatives involving mid to high level participants from these conflicts.

did u miss that bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar

did u miss that bit.

And that makes him an expert on this subject why?

This is like the argument from authority but instead of coming from pseudo-skeptics and deniers it comes from true believers.

It's equally bad and unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

HOW perchance do you know that Dr. Salla, an "absurd fool" (syntactical redundancy noted), isn't correct in his analysis? How do you know that this "tripe" is not true? There is abundant evidence on the internet and elsewhere to provide an open minded person enough evidence to come to the conclusion that ET exist and are here. Dr. Salla is by no means the first or only person to believe, or to at least keep an open mind to what MIGHT be occurring in our world.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

and this sounds a lot like an ad hominem or begging the question. If you know that it is not true, then what is the truth of the matter?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
How do you know that this "tripe" is not true?

How many "Disclosure is right around the corner" stories have the Exopolitics made up and then nothing happened?

How about that great UN conference preparing the world for Disclosure full of insider knowledge and sources and turned out to be all bullsh#t?

Who was behind that? Oh, that's right, Michael Salla.

There is abundant evidence on the internet and elsewhere to provide an open minded person enough evidence to come to the conclusion that ET exist and are here.

Anyone can read the stuff on the Internet, it doesn't automagically make you an expert on UFOs, much less have any credibility.

Credibility is built, with words and actions. Unfortunately for Michael Salla and other Exopolitics people their track record speaks for itself.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

HOW perchance do you know that Dr. Salla, an "absurd fool" (syntactical redundancy noted), isn't correct in his analysis? How do you know that this "tripe" is not true? There is abundant evidence on the internet and elsewhere to provide an open minded person enough evidence to come to the conclusion that ET exist and are here. Dr. Salla is by no means the first or only person to believe, or to at least keep an open mind to what MIGHT be occurring in our world.

again...as the saying goes here on ATS..."extrodinary claims, require extrodinary proof. in spite of his backround, this still holds true.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

How do you know that this "tripe" is not true?

How many "Disclosure is right around the corner" stories have the Exopolitics made up and then nothing happened?

I have read many, but that does not make the proposition untrue, it just means that the particular disclosure stories were false

How about that great UN conference preparing the world for Disclosure full of insider knowledge and sources and turned out to be all bullsh#t?
Who was behind that? Oh, that's right, Michael Salla.

I recall reading an article Dr. Salla wrote about UN meetings on ET disclosure but do not recall reading anything that "debunked" that article, I certainly will if you have a link.

There is abundant evidence on the internet and elsewhere to provide an open minded person enough evidence to come to the conclusion that ET exist and are here.

Anyone can read the stuff on the Internet, it doesn't automagically make you an expert on UFOs, much less have any credibility.

indeed and anyone can say otherwise, there's no truth in that either.

Credibility is built, with words and actions. Unfortunately for Michael Salla and other Exopolitics people their track record speaks for itself.

hmm...I think that many Exopolitics researchers are seeking answers in a field that is often largely theoretical in nature. To many, that ET exist is self-evident fact at this point, what they are doing is very very unclear.

btw. "automagically"... hilarious! :-)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

again...as the saying goes here on ATS..."extrodinary claims, require extrodinary proof. in spite of his backround, this still holds true.

Yes, well, I disagree; "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" is something of a non sequitur. Extraordinary claims require proof.

edit: punctuation

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Tamale_214]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

hmm...I think that many Exopolitics researchers are seeking answers in a field that is often largely theoretical in nature. To many, that ET exist is self-evident

The existence of "ET" might be self-evident to some, but it's a conclusion they reach with a leap of faith. No matter how small you consider that leap, it's still required to get there.

And that's one of the problems I have with these people, they go around speaking about this as if it's proven fact, but it's not. Even if it is true and we're really being visited by non-human entities, it's far from being proven.

I'll grant you that field is somewhat theoretical, but that's because some people make it that way. After all, it's easier to sell books and DVDs based on ideas and theories with no concrete data for people to check and compare.

But there is concrete, tangible evidence of UFOs. There is trace cases, photos, videos and even radar returns. None of that, of course, gives you any answers - only that something unknown was seen/recorded, and to some that's not enough, so they turn to people like Greer who make up stories and sell them as the answer to the phenomena.

What these so called Exopolitics people should be doing is studying UFOs, not running around pretending to know what's in them. Because no one knows. And if there's anyone out there who knows, the last people they would tell would be the Greers, the Bassetts and the Sallas.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i just listened to 80 minutes of dr. Michael Salla on coast to coast he had some really interesting theories on the relationship of ancient man and (possible) role ETs played. checking out info for his book exopolitics right now if i can find a cheap copy i'm sure i'll grab it up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
As the old saying goes:-
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
Like in the 15 Century when a few logical people had an understanding that the world was actually round despite the majority thinking that it was complete tripe and heresy at least to think it was other than "FLAT"
"Look the evidence is all around you with your own eyes. How can you say that it is anything but a Flat world we live on?!" the masses would say.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

The existence of "ET" might be self-evident to some, but it's a conclusion they reach with a leap of faith. No matter how small you consider that leap, it's still required to get there.

It seems to me that a leap of faith is required in the scientific method. One must first build a hypothesis, and then a theory (herein lies the leap) and then develop a body of work that proves (or disproves) your theory. The problem with the ET scenario is that much of the available data might be being withheld from the general public.

And that's one of the problems I have with these people, they go around speaking about this as if it's proven fact, but it's not. Even if it is true and we're really being visited by non-human entities, it's far from being proven.

"and that's one of the problems I have with these people, they go around speaking about this as if it's a dis-proven fact, but it's not. even if its is not true and we're really not being visited by non-human entities, it's far from being proven".
-I'm not trying to be a jerk, but do you see what I mean?

I'll grant you that field is somewhat theoretical, but that's because some people make it that way. After all, it's easier to sell books and DVDs based on ideas and theories with no concrete data for people to check and compare.

there are many leeches out there who will capitalize on a fringe theory and those who might believe it...like the Catholic Church, and say...Michael Cohen. Capitalism and the existence of ET are not mutually exclusive concepts. And even if there are available options, leeches will still sell what makes them and their cohorts the most money. ( see: General Motors/electric car)

But there is concrete, tangible evidence of UFOs. There is trace cases, photos, videos and even radar returns. None of that, of course, gives you any answers - only that something unknown was seen/recorded, and to some that's not enough, so they turn to people like Greer who make up stories and sell them as the answer to the phenomena.

You've made some good points here. There are no ANSWERS available, the information that we have mostly leads to new questions, however, if one has climbed the tree as high as it goes, there are only two options...climb back down or go out on a limb. Regarding Greer, I'm not his biggest fan, but to be fair to him, he operates 2 not-for-profit organizations regarding the field, many cry "shill" at the very mention of his name but I have yet to see evidence of this.

What these so called Exopolitics people should be doing is studying UFOs, not running around pretending to know what's in them. Because no one knows. And if there's anyone out there who knows, the last people they would tell would be the Greers, the Bassetts and the Sallas.

Exopolitics is not Ufology. Greer is an activist, Basset is a lobbyist and Salla is a political scientist. Greer takes an holistic approach to ET study and activism, Basset is primarily interested in ensuring that governments release what information that they have and Salla theorizes, based upon what evidence exists, how we might develop as a society that includes extra-terrestrial life. Are Salla's theories difficult to believe? Well yes, but seriously, explain to me what it means to live in an infinite universe--and then criticize Michael Salla.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Exopolitics is not Ufology.

Finally, I can agree.

I don't really have any other comment.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh and dont forget that the Sun was believed to revolve around the earth back in the "good ole 15th Century" too. Hey I see it with my own eyes it rises in the east and sets in the west. Complete and utter hokem and madness to believe anything else as my eyes all ways speak the truth I tell ya
And well its the 21st Century now and if I havent seen an Alien/ET or whatever green eyed monster than I am sure as not going to believe any are out there, "Gawd Damnit!"

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
yeah... this goes to the OP... Great post. I thoroughly enjoyed it. S&F 4U

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

"and that's one of the problems I have with these people, they go around speaking about this as if it's a dis-proven fact, but it's not. even if its is not true and we're really not being visited by non-human entities, it's far from being proven".
-I'm not trying to be a jerk, but do you see what I mean?

Didn't see this part of your post thought you had mistakenly repeated my quote.

I see what you mean, but you're basing your argument on the fact that you consider that the negative has the same weight as the positive claim. As a scientific person, I cannot accept that.

In science until something is proven all previous knowledge prevails. Not disproving it doesn't mean that it's real. Otherwise everything that couldn't be disproved would have the same weight has things that have been proven. And that's illogical.

However I can see from your post that you have little regards for science and the scientific method. Which is a shame, not only because I think these are things the field needs more of, but also because it's a conversation stopper for people, like myself, who have high regards for things such as logic.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't know whether there is any truth to it or not but I do find it intriguing that in so many unrelated contactee reports of human like ET's living amongst us many of them refer to the same single physical trait that is different to "normal" humans.

I am not sure how that can be explained.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join