It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KC Airport to get $9.3 MILLION for CCTV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Kansas City International Airport again to receive stimulus dollars

Kansas City International Airport will receive a $9.3 million stimulus package grant for new and enhanced closed circuit television systems;

The City of Kansas City, Missouri, Aviation Department has received notification that DHS will award Kansas City International Airport a $9.3 million grant funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) for new and enhanced closed circuit television systems. These systems provide enhanced surveillance capabilities throughout the airport.

homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

Ok...I am ALL FOR using cctv to help solve crimes, 'protect' people and prevent 'terrorism' (cough) but 9.3 MILLION for a camera system?

It would be really interesting to find out which politicians are going to make some money off of this.

Here's the DHS source for this as well..

www.dhs.gov...

Does anyone else think that 9.3 million sounds steep for a cctv system?

To compare, London supposedly has over 10,000 cameras at a cost of roughly 400 million USD but their contribution to crime prevention or prosecution is questionable.

"Our figures show that there is no link between a high number of CCTV cameras and a better crime clear-up rate," she said. "Boroughs with thousands of CCTV cameras are no better at doing so than those which have a few dozen."

www.pcworld.com...

After hearing about border patrol stations being upgraded to the tune of tens of millions, in areas that see very few border crossings, I have to wonder who's really getting the payoff here.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
thats a lot of money for cameras....

a whole lot...

these are 249 bucks
www.cctvcamerapros.com...

that means they could buy over 37,000 cameras at that

who needs that many cameras other than the playboy mansions bathroom?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Sounds like a way for someone to get paid. I could use some of that man. Tell them I need surveillance cameras!

new topics

join