It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Firefighters Lose. Acorn Wins.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This will make you all sick to your stomachs.

1 million $$ went to ACORN that could have gone to the firefighters.

Story Here

Nearly $1 million in Homeland Security funding typically earmarked for fire departments has been awarded to ACORN, despite a clear signal from Congress that it intends to cut off federal funding to the embattled group.

The grant to ACORN's Louisiana office became public on Oct. 2, less than three weeks after the House and Senate voted to cut off ACORN funding after employees were caught on video advising a fake prostitute and pimp on scams.

It was one of only three such grants issued to the state and made up almost 80 percent of the firefighting money earmarked for Louisiana, prompting one of the U.S. senators from the state to demand that the funds be taken back.

Considering how corrupt ACORN is ... good luck to Louisiana keeping track of what ACORN really does with that money. :shk:

[edit on 10/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Related information I just found

NEW ORLEANS -- Louisiana's attorney general said Tuesday he has stepped up an investigation into embezzlement at ACORN nearly a decade ago, but the prosecutor and community activist group clashed over how much money was taken.

Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell claimed the figure was $5 million, but ACORN said the sum hadn't changed from slightly less than $1 million.

More info at the article.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Unbelievable!! Homeland Security funds going to ACORN?? Must be for Obama's ACORN security storm troopers.
How is this possible?

Bobby Jindal where are you?? I hope that the funds can be revoked. If they can find them. Probably spent before they got it on those new floating homes in the 9th ward. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is just too incredible to believe and just shows how corruption in our nation is going rampant.

For what I have been seen with acorn is nothing but a front for corruption practices and squandering of tax payer money, like we in this nation do not have more important things to take care off, like our firefighters.

Is terrible to see how our states government prioritizes citizens needs.

I am a believer that our nations system of government is corrupted and has been for a long time, but when you see that corruption everywhere and nobody does anything about it, it makes you wonder how our nation will eventually implode slowly from that corruption.

No wonder the international community that has been watching our nations rise from greatness to fall from that greatness do not trust or respect us anymore.

Sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Bobby Jindal where are you??

Preparing for a run in 2012, I'm sure. This is a test of his leadership.
It's probably legal for this to happen but it certainly is not right.
He'd better make a stink and demand an investigation or he'll get the
'wimp' label attached to him. (and rightly so)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
ACORN is closed up tight here in Louisiana. Last month, Gov Jindal issued an executive order that has effectively shut down all operations here, including the operation of their headquarters.

Our AG, Buddy Caldwell has subpoenaed ALL of their banking records. While this link doesn't go into great detail the state gove here is following the money (as they should)

Even though the grant was awarded LAST YEAR (2008) the funds are to be issued this year (as per the grant). I am fairly certain that should those funds arrive here & not get revoked by CONgress, that they will be put into an escrow account that is under the very watchful eye of the state gov.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jibeho
Bobby Jindal where are you??

Preparing for a run in 2012, I'm sure. This is a test of his leadership.
It's probably legal for this to happen but it certainly is not right.
He'd better make a stink and demand an investigation or he'll get the
'wimp' label attached to him. (and rightly so)

Ha Ha. Jindal will have to steal the letters W.I.M.P. off of Obama's velvet robes. To think that I always thought that Carter would be the last wimp to ever live in the White House.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is just plain ridiculous! The grant definitely needs to be rescinded from ACORN and re-awarded to the firefighters.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Firefighter funding or non funding I should say, is just not related to Acorn. All across America cities are shuttering stations, laying off personnel which is affecting response to emergency calls. Detroit Fire is hurting badly. They are having problems staffing stations , and equipment issues related to safety and response. Emergency calls have risen throughout the counrty due to the ever increasing medical call volume units are responding to daily. They are being asked to do more, with less. The Federal funding to local fire depts is almost non existant where local governments, who have less tax revenue to disperse cant make up the difference. So who suffers, YOU the U.S. citizen. Check out all the new firefighting equipment in Iraq, Stations, trucks and personnel. And YOU are paying for it , while here at home stations are shuttered and trucks dont work.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jojodancer

Yes you are right, but the goal is the privatization of this state public run entities and eventually the police force at state level.

This has been in the planning for a while.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is my favorite part,

but the group's leaders claim only $948,607 was stolen.
. Only $948,607. I guess that makes it all better.

If all federal funding is supposed to be cut, WHY ARE THEY GETTING THIS? A statement was made loud and clear that they wouldn't be getting anymore funding. Marg is right, they are even more corrupt than anyone knew. The government and ACORN.

If Bertha was going to make an "offhand remark" you'd think the figure would be a little more conservative than $5 million. Makes you wonder if $5 million was a conservative number.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I can't believe the crap that's happening on this guys watch. What a joke!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20425b55ebec.png[/atsimg]

IRM

top topics

join