It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was thinking about this the other day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Satan is not the "keeper" of hell. He is going to be the first to be thrown into the lake of fire after the 1000 years of peace on earth under the leadership of Christ and His saints. After Satan and his demons are banished to the flames, judgement occurs for mankind. This judgement is the beginning for most people. People who were blind from the truth or never understood the truth. And those who never knew our God or Christ. They will have a genuine opportunity at judgement, in the presence of God to accept and repent, or deny and rebel. Those who deny God in His presence will be thrown into the lake of fire, known in Revelation as the "second death". it's not eternal punishment.... it's eternal death or non-existence. This is all biblical fact. I can give you scripture if you like, but I'll ask you first if you want the facts from scripture. Some folks disreguard the scripture but as a Christian, that's the book we live by. It's our symbolic constitution, manual, or Living a Righteous Life for Dummies" guide. So what I just laid out to you is scriptural and as I said, I can give you that proof on your request. Check out my profile and the threads I've started if you want to get a good idea on the biblical truth. I hope you visit them and put your 2 pennies in the conversations. God bless you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88
If god is all powerful (which I believe it is) then why does it let the devil exist?

I am new to this site so if there is already a thread like this oh well

Nothing created by God can be destroyed, it can be separated, but never destroyed. God is infinately smarter than you or I, so we can only make feeble assumptions so my opinion is for contrast. Examples: you cannot have love without hate, you cannot have good without evil et cetra. And God wanted us to CHOOSE Him, that wouldn't be possible without the devil.

I believe God created Satan even knowing what he would ultimately do so he could display his love, power, grace, justice et cetra with an adversary.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
since its what many religions thinks so.
That isn't an answer dude, that's called "circular reasoning". He is asking why God created satan. That happened a long time before man crafted various religions.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

You guys have this "hell" concept a little off, no one is in Hell yet, they are now in "Hades", or "Sheol" which means 'the grave'. The first 2 people in the "lake of fire" will be the false prophet and the antichrist who will be thrown there when Jesus comes back. Then after the 1,000 year reign of Christ and after the resurrection of the dead the souls of the damned and Satan finally will join the antichrist and false prophet in hell.

No one is now in hell, that is the punishment after the judgment.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by YoungGod88

It is god that is evil. Evilness is merely our perception of certain type of action that doesn't benefit us. God wouldn't be almighty, if it couldn't be evil, simple as that. There existed a thread for this conversation, you are welcome to read it here.

Sincerely,

-v
Almighty doesn't mean there is nothing he can't do. Examples: A. Creating a rock to large for Him to lift, or B: creating a stick with only 1 end on it.

We as humans need to stop trying to confine God to our own human reasoning and understanding, that is like trying to fit the World's oceans into a shot glass. Not to mention a straw man argument against God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join