It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key cancer spread gene found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Scientists have pinpointed a gene linked to more than half of all breast cancers.

The gene, NRG1 (neuregulin-1), is also thought to play a role in many bowel, prostate, ovarian and bladder tumours.

The University of Cambridge team said the breakthrough should provide "vital information" about how cancer spreads.

Experts agreed the finding, published in the journal Oncogene, could represent a very significant advance in the fight against cancer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sadly, just as the rest of the breakthroughs, this will not be touched by big pharma due to profit issues.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just wondering if someone can help me out here. Big pharma is in the United states. If scientists around the world figure this out couldn't they just advance further into it. Big pharma dosen't own the world. Or are the rest of the countries pharm companys as corrupt as Big pharma?? Remember its on BBC, thats a mainstream site.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Sadly, just as the rest of the breakthroughs, this will not be touched by big pharma due to profit issues.

Absolute, I have been following these so called breakthroughs for more years then I can remember and am yet to see any of them come to fruition. It is not only Big Pharma, it is the medical community in general, we wouldn't want to be finding cures for everything and put this lucrative field out of business now would we.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Aquarius1]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
like ARGG, is our world really that messed up???? It would seem like the pharma companys would want to get these things out to help mankind. Guess i was wrong. Mabey all this NWO is 100% real.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
like ARGG, is our world really that messed up???? It would seem like the pharma companys would want to get these things out to help mankind. Guess i was wrong. Mabey all this NWO is 100% real.

No it's called "GREED"

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Big Pharma HELP MANKIND????
You're kidding. Why would they put themselves out of business or at least loose billions of $$$.
They are only interested in finding a patentable drug or treatment that they can have you take to "manage" your cancer or illness.
My friend was diagnosed with a cancerous growth in his wrist. The doctors told him ALL they could do for him was amputate 3 of his fingers and part of his wrist. Well, he dicided to look for alternative treatments. Today he has ZERO cancer and all of his fingers.

The world is full of cancer cures but you will not find them in the main stream medical field or even spoken about in the media. The media stations would loose their "cash cow" big pharma ad accounts.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
"The world is full of cancer cures but you will not find them in the main stream medical field or even spoken about in the media. The media stations would loose their "cash cow" big pharma ad accounts. "

Muundoggie you are absolutely right, I am into alternative medicine big time. Another story, big pharma has been trying for sometime to make all vitamins and supplements perscriptions...so far they have failed, there is a lot of disinformation on these products, they want us to be afraid to take them.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Well theres people like patrick swayze, that was famous for looking for alternative ways to get rid of cancer, and he had millions. It must depend on the cancer you get.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
"The world is full of cancer cures but you will not find them in the main stream medical field or even spoken about in the media. The media stations would loose their "cash cow" big pharma ad accounts. "

Muundoggie you are absolutely right, I am into alternative medicine big time. Another story, big pharma has been trying for sometime to make all vitamins and supplements perscriptions...so far they have failed, there is a lot of disinformation on these products, they want us to be afraid to take them.

Absolutely. I worked in the medical field for many years and never was as healthy as I am now, after making a lifestyle change as far as diet and the only medicine I take is Excedrin on occasion for headaches. Most people don't realize that the pharmaceutical companies' goal is to mask or usually temporarily treat the symptoms, not preventing the disease or discussing alternative options to make your body truly healthy because they know that consumers want a "quick fix".

There is a very good article that was labeled a "hoax" about cancer that circulated the internet. John Hopkins hospital denied distributing this information, but it's very interesting that the actual information in this "hoax" is ALL true.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Orion65, I was also in the medical field for years and you are right, I take no medication of any kind, have been a vegetarian for over 25 years, as far as medications curing anything, no way and in fact the biggest sin is covering up symptoms that may have been treated.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Orion65, I was also in the medical field for years and you are right, I take no medication of any kind, have been a vegetarian for over 25 years, as far as medications curing anything, no way and in fact the biggest sin is covering up symptoms that may have been treated.

We have a lot in common.

I cut way back on eating meat - now it's about once a week if that. I used to live on diet soda and had horrible headaches several times a week (and had no idea why). I was frequently tired and irritable and just blamed all that on the stress of the job (managing two high volume medical offices). It sounds almost too simple to be true but not long after I cut out diet soda and HFCS, stopped eating foods with MSG, cut back on white flour and sugar and upped my vitamin (especially D) and antioxidant levels I felt 100% better. Now I haven't had a cold or flu in years, I have way more energy and my stress level has gone waaaay down. The main difference between pharmaceuticals and naturopathic/homeopathic is that the latter wants to ultimately get you healthy without the long term side effects and ongoing reliance on prescription medication.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Orion65 I don't like to mention it but I haven't had a cold or flu in over 30 years, have never been a soda drinker, my biggest vice if you want to call it that is I drink a cup or two of Expresso in the morning. I have given up dairy except on rare occasion I have a piece of cheese..when I do I get stuffed up.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

"We have got strong evidence that the gene is implicated in breast cancer but we have no reason to think it's not the same for other cancers, including prostate and colon cancer.

This hopefully will be the beginning of cures that they will actually implement.

top topics

join