It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campus Activists: Say No to Flu Shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A perfect Fall afternoon here today. The sun is out, brisk weather, campus seems to be at full capacity (I can't get anywhere, in this mob) which of course, lends itself to a perfect forum for Activists. Usually, it's petition signers, environmentalists, and the "street preacher" dudes who draw the crowds, (interesting that it's been 10 years since I was an undergraduate and this has not changed!) but today, there are new players...

the "say NO to the flu shot" players...

Though there has been NO indication that the flu shot (either one) will be mandated on campus; concern regarding the H1N1 shot seems to be picking up. Every one of my professors have made their feelings clear (either directly or indirectly) that the H1N1 shot should be looked at very closely (read: they will not be lining up to get it) and now the Activists are bringing it out in the open (right in the main park blocks)...

So, the game is on... Go Team!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I will only get a vaccine when it is being pushed through like it is if I see everyone outside dropping dead and becoming zombies and I feel as if the world is going to end anyways.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
*Dude, I love your username!*

Anyway, further information from the university website... apparently, there is a plan in place...
[Name]... is planning three levels of response based on the threat of the H1N1 virus on campus. First level strategies focus on prevention and containment of the virus. The second and third level strategies involve management of infected faculty, staff, and students and possible suspension of classes and activities on parts or all of the campus. The [Name] Incident Command Structure, previously established as required by federal and state law, will be activated if there is a need to close buildings or suspend programs or activities on campus.

Only problem is: I can't find anything about the Incident Command Structure, other than above... weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My uni posted a scary picture of H1N1. No sign of vaccine being mandatory yet. Will keep you posted if anything new comes up.

www.mcgill.ca...

top topics

join