It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijacking Science For God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
October 05, 2009
Hijacking Science For God
A Jesuit priest is hijacking astrophysics to prove the existence of a God who, despite being omnipotent and the master of world without end, amen, apparently needs people to poke their noses into wildly unsuitable fields and act as His PR. Never mind how using the Big Bang to prove Catholicism is like using triple-chocolate-shakes as a diet.

Father Robert J. Spitzer, PhD, outlines a case which is very hard to argue with, but not for the reasons you'd like. He describes modern big bang theories, shows that they all demand a singularity point, and obviously such singularity points require the existence of a Creator. Well done if you spotted the break in the chain of reasoning there - it's on par with saying "two plus two is four, four plus four is eight, so therefore eight is a magical number of mystical power." It's difficult to argue with the logic because the (extremely) arguable step has no logic at all.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Considering science at it's purest form is inherently agostic I really have to ask. So what? Doesn't make it true. Doesn't make it false either, but in the end what does it really matter?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Considering science at it's purest form is inherently agnostic I really have to ask. So what? Doesn't make it true. Doesn't make it false either, but in the end what does it really matter?

Not only agnostic but incompetent, they seem to be looking in all the wrong places.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I freakin died and went to heaven laughing at that
thanks for putting a smile on my face.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am of the opinion that too many people are trying to pretend their agendas are science's agenda. But that is both sides of the divide.

new topics

top topics

join