It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last nights scare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So I tweeted a bit of what happened last night but I thought starting a thread might be better. My hubby is currently on a business trip so I have been having a hard time sleeping. I wake up about every 45 minutes at night once I actually get to sleep. This morning I awoke to feeling something moving next to me but noone was there or in the room at all. I turned and looked saw no one but felt more movement at the bottom of the bed as well. then on the other side of me. It was as if there were things shuffling off the bed on all sides of me.. and I actually cursed out loud to myself. I got up and left the room and got a drink.. came back and hoped that whatever it was would no longer be there. I had no further incidents so it seems they left. I have no clue what it was. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
could just be the weight of the duvet, over the side of the bed, as it pulls it self down and your muscles very slightly pulls it back without even thinking it.

you might not have noticed it before with your husband there.

this has happend to me before while semi asleep, and it feels like it is being pulled off the bed.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
have you lost a pet recently that used to sleep on the bed?

(I say that because I've had something very simular happen to me once, shortly after I lost my little doggy, he'd always be on the bed with me, and one night, I woke up it felt like he'd just jumped up on the bed, and was finding a place to settle. At least, that's what it felt like. )

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There is a phenomenon called Shaking Bed something or other.

I've had it happen a few times...odd stuff.I'd wake up to the bed shaking,with no obvious reason for it to be doing so.

I think there's an old thread around here on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

holy crap, i thought i was going nuts! i have had this a many times, i have had to jump out of my bed to the floor. to see if there is an eartquake.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
wasn't my comforter. the other shifts happpened after I sat up. It was like there were 3 people sitting on my bed that all got up one after the other.
No, no pets that have passed that slept on my bed either.

I have actually been bodily shaken by an unseen force before in about 2003 .. there is a thread on ATS here were I talked about it when it happened there was also the sound of hard breathing in my ear and yes I was totally 100% awake. was not sleep paralysis before people even start to chime in. lol

Lets just say I am somewhat accustomed to unusual things happening around me, but this was the most recent event. I have things happen daily I just don't share everything on ATS. It would get old and tiresome to list these things every day.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have had things like you suddenly wake up to the feeling of being dropped form about half a foot above your bed. I have had this a few times. It really feels like you just dropped, but i dont see how i could flop up like that in a dream. Strange.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloneninja
I have had things like you suddenly wake up to the feeling of being dropped form about half a foot above your bed. I have had this a few times. It really feels like you just dropped, but i dont see how i could flop up like that in a dream. Strange.

Some abduction reports where a third party witness is in the room have reported that a bright light will shine through the ceiling, onto the bed and the victim will come flying down through it like it's been dematerialized and land on the bed below.

This has also been observed during and after (via forensic examination) animal mutilation cases where the animal is dropped from the craft, sometimes bouncing and leaving obvious impressions in the soil.

The last case file I read where the victim was dropped through the roof and onto the bed involved the bed being in the basement (they passed through 2 upper floors including other sleeping people). What was even more compelling was that the person was dropped into someone else's bed and was wearing that person's clothing. The person who actually lived at that house was found in the first person's bed wearing their clothing. Both of the abductees were teens of the same age and relative body size who lived very close to each other.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
other than 2 strange but not too strange marks on my front side i have never thought i was obducted. These 2 marks being somehting that might have to do with it. But i dont have any memories of this and never thought about it before. All i knoiw is ive had that dropping into bed feeling a few times.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You would probably have to share the other things you experience in order for anyone to guess as to what this was. It seems as if you actually know what occurred but just don't want to speculate? I could be wrong.

Sleep is not as simple as we are raised to believe in our society. Much goes on. Unfortunately religious superstitions keep many bound into believing that sleep is merely our bodies resting and our mind wandering and anything other than that experienced is evil.

(why do religions proclaim that anything or anyone who contacts us has to be evil/demons/satan etc. and that no good can communicate/reach us? Weird... pretending that evil is so much more powerful than good. Heh! But I digress...)

Sounds to me like those who were waiting for you on the other side of this veil were doing just that.... waiting.... right there on the bed with you. As you drifted in and out in a struggle to sleep you were growing closer to the threshold of truly awakening and being with them. We have many friends there. It is good when we are free of these cumbersome bodies we reside in here, in this blind reality we think we know. The other experiences you have had would tell more of course.

Or........ it could have been you were sleeping without realizing it and it was simply your imagination.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by dreams n chains]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

"...I wake up about every 45 minutes at night once I actually get to sleep.

This morning I awoke to feeling something moving next to me but noone was there or in the room at all.
I turned and looked saw no one but felt more movement at the bottom of the bed as well. then on the other side of me.
It was as if there were things shuffling off the bed on all sides of me.. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45 minute intervals of (light) semi-sleep

chances are your brain is struggling to hold on to its dream-reality
which is necessary...and your senses are fooling you.

there is a certain ammount of disorientation no matter what stage of sleep you were interupted from.
One can have a certain ritual they go through to become fully awake & alert, someone may Yawn, others stretch or sit erect & shrug their shoulders... most rituals are unconscious or just habitual reflex
so they can orient themselves & gain balance in the waking world

the sensations of bed pressures or movements not caused by your physical self are likely residual sensations from dream-time that was not realized in your sleep state....
i.e. you created a 'wake' in the psyche field...and were sensitive & aware of the disturbance

hope that's not too far out for you

top topics

join