It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was followed and the guy took photo's of me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers... not sure if this is posted in the right place but??

I have literally just got home from walking my dog which was a strange walk in itself without adding what happened on the way home from this walk to it.

I walked my dog in a local field to let her have a good run and it looked like it would rain again plus her lead broke so I headed back home. On the way home I noticed a guy in the distance standing looking at me, I thought it odd, maybe he dont like dogs and is waiting for me to pass... but as I got closer he pulled a camera out and took photos pointing the camera in my direction, I thought maybe he is taking a pic of the bushes so I moved to the side, as I moved he did and he took more photos and he gave me an evil look. I shouted out to him 'Oi what you doing' and he jotted something down and ran into a black bmw and started to pull away as he drove he slowed and looked at me and sped off... I then notice him driving past me on the other side of the road so I took a shortcut down an alley and lost him.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?? this man looked evil, he was dressed in a suit and had a dark navy blue rain jacket on... he had spikey hair but had tufts of it missing. What the hell is this all about?? Im in a new house and noone other then my family know where I live?

Is it because of a few things I wrote in my book? I dont know, its just a bit freaky!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ive had the same thing happen to me once in a while, All I can really say is keep changing your daily routine from now on to make this guys "job" even harder. I suspect the fact he made no effort to conceal himself that he's either really bad at freelance photography or was out to find someone else and had you confused with someone else. Just to be safe though I'd still note down any suspicious activity from now on and tell close family/friends of such incidents aswell.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
what have you done,so this is happening to you? you mentioned a book?
are u a famous member? have you spoked alot bad stuff for america or something? O_o

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, I don't know anything about you but I will start with some simple questions...
1. When you say 'her lead broke' do you mean what we call "leash" or "collar" over here in the US?
2. Are you new to the neighborhood there?
3. Are there "leash laws" in your town?

Maybe the man is tired of people walking un-leashed dogs at that park or there was a recent dog attack around there and he wants to collect proof of people with un-leashed dogs?

On a different vein...
Any strange phone calls? You answer and it hangs up? If so, at home or mobile?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Was it his field you were walking in?

Doubt it, but just though I'd ask. I'm glad you yelled at him.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have, but it was ages ago. I was young, about 14. I was behind a shopping center playing frisbee with a friend. Our frisbee flew too high and landed on the roof. My friend ran over to climb the ladder to the roof. As he made his way up, a black van pulled up about 50 feet away from us. Three men wearing jeans, polo shirts, and dark leather jackets climbed out and stood around their van. One was taking notes. I told my friend to come down and we high tailed it to the front of the shopping center. The guys got into their van and tailed us, until we lost them by hiding behind a support post. We got some strange looks from people, but the guys left the parking lot and took off down the street.

All in all a strange experience for a paranoid 14 year old. lol

I have not experienced such things in my adult life, but I tend to keep a low profile. Those that have the initiative to find me wouldn't find me publicly doing anything they could use against me.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did your dog make a "mess" in his yard that you forgot to clean up? Maybe he's reporting you to the home owners association.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yea, yesterday on my way home, I was in downtown, a couple of guys were like 20 feet away from me and taking pictures of stuff, but they I don't recall them pointing those cams at me, if they did, I didn't notice it when they had. Also, at the same time there was some helicopter above one of the buildings and it was just going back and forth, hover over the same area, which was really odd, I don't know what the hell it was doing hovering so low, taking it's time, not landing or anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I haven't read "Star Child" so I don't know what few things you were refering to about your book.

But something made me feel that your concern is genuine. Stay safe, and I'd consider (mona lisa) Rob's advice.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by sticky]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sounds like you a fabricating a stir to sell your book. A few more posts down the line we will discover it's title. Either you pissed someone off, slept with someones wife or you are just paranoid.

You're a writer. You could easily craft a little story. Next time whip out your cell phone camera and snap some shots.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi everyone thanks for the advice, ROB I will defo be taking more care to look around me when im out especially with family members.... so you have had the same kind of thing happen? when did it happen?

to CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, my dog did mess in the field and I cleaned up after her, the field is a public field and other dog walkers where there too...

to NYASDAN, when I say lead I mean leash, it was one of those retractable leashes so the dog can run a bit more. I am kind of new here, about a month now. I walked my dog home using half a broken leash which dug into my damn hand and now its sore haha!

I have had no strange phonecalls yet, but have noticed a strange sound on my cell phone when I have called my girlfriend.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If I wanted to use this to sell my book I would of put the title in the original post... I will not be putting the title in here at all... and no im not being paranoid... I dont do drugs and dont drink!

I have pee'd a few people off in the past though...

Edited to add:

While walking my dog I had my music playing on my iphone and was difficult seeing as I had the broken leash wrapped around my right hand and it was digging in and my headphone wires wrapped around me so was hard to take a photo but... will have my iphone with me all the time while im out and if I see anything like this again I will be sure to take photos and upload on here...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by justjoemusic]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What sort of dog is it?
Maybe he is fixing to steal your dog, maybe.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

She is a Staffordshire bull terrier... a year and 5 months old. Also this guy did not look interested in my dog at all if you understand what I mean? I dont think he would be after my dog as I am in an area where there are quite a few Staffs and pitbull cross breeds and such.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by justjoemusic]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Simplest answer is probably that it is a private detective. Probably just doing some recon. Not that I consider it okay, but I'll bet thats what it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Perhaps he gave you an evil look due to you being in the way of his scenic pictures. I think it's a bit paranoid to think they were interested in you unless this happens on more than one occasion. It seems to me that a professional tailing you would have been a bit more discreet.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Yes you do have a point, its just the way he looked at me that got me spooked... maybe I am looking into this a bit more then I should but will have my eyes open to anything else if anything else does happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
Did your dog make a "mess" in his yard that you forgot to clean up? Maybe he's reporting you to the home owners association.
this is what I was thinking, maybe your dog ran behind some bushes or somehting and layed an egg. Some little jobswerth muppet, thinking he's a copper, thought he'd better do his civic duty and make a criminal out of someone.

Did you get any of the license plate? You should report it to the police for sure. (I know we all hate them, but for the sake of being official) this guy could be some random freak, looking for his next person to stalk. (not trying to scare you, but it could give you something to maybe convince the police to look into it) They'll probably be able to get something from any nearby cameras. Or maybe even know of some kind of "clean up" opperation at the park you walk your dog in

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

My dog was on the retractable leash at all times until it broke and she did her poop before we entered the field and I cleaned it up. She was where I could see her at all times and never noticed her poop anywhere else.

Did not get a chance to get the plates as was difficult with my dog pulling me.

top topics

join