It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Fake-or something else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
something else.................................................................

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the knowledge, I'm still learning the basics of the digital age on cameras.

The thing that has been bugging me about the photo is, the object is very bright and of good size, but there doesn't seem to be a reflection on the water from the object, I would think something that bright would reflect off the water? Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

That's a good point, I don't know if it should be visible in the water or not, but at first sight it looks like it should.

The original photos would be better, but they never publish originals in the news sites.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
but i find very unusual the dark track following the object

i know the phenomenon.

i think the bright object with dark trail is just a bug, flying very close to the lens.

The image is taken at evening, in low light situation. The flash fired, like ussually automatic settings do in this situation. The duration of the flash is very short, maybe 1/500 sec. So, it shows a very overexposed freezed thing, because is close to the camera and the flash light is strong. The total exposure time of the shot is ussually much longer than the duration of the flash, about 1/30 sec, more than 15 times long, and during the exposure time, the flash was finished already "long ago", so, only the surrounding natural light is captured, or the bug moving here (motion blurry involved)

Below is an older experiment exposing a button suspended on a string, having a pendulum motion.

First photo, using flash, like ussually cameras are doing with automatic settings:

or direct link: files.abovetopsecret.com...

relevant EXIF data:

Model - Canon PowerShot S2 IS
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/30 seconds
ApertureValue - F 4.51
Flash - Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, red-eye reduction mode

of course, we shoud ignore the string.

the second photo, taken without flash, and with the button not moving, to understand what it is really there:

or the link: files.abovetopsecret.com...

EXIF:
ExposureTime - 1/100 seconds
FNumber - 3.20
Flash - Flash not fired, compulsory flash mode

As many times, technical facts fooling us.

[edit on 7/10/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

NOw that was a great example: i'd bet that the settings in the EXIF data of the image in the OP would be very close to the ones in yours: your post does make much sense, in my opinion, also notice that the shape of the dark strike in your example is rounded at its start (it's barely noticeable, but it is) as well as the shape of the strike in the pic of the op matches the diamond one of the bright object: definately some very good post, corroborated by both strong arguments and visual evidences

[edit on 7/10/2009 by internos]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That would explain the dark area, very nice example!

Too bad we don't have access to the real photos, the EXIF data could tell the whole story.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Excellent work
This explains a lot, the black track, the brightness of the object and why you cant see a reflection on the water. You my friend have earned your xmas bonus this year
If you look at the story along with the video clip from the news website he tells his story, he didn't see an object at first, he seen the "object' after snapping the pictures. At the end of the video clip you will see what I believe to be the original photos with the long white trails behind the bugs, exactly how you demonstrated with the photos.

Here is the video clip from the story, I will try to get the screen shots from the video up after I figure out how to do that.

www.uppermichiganssource.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join