It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My latest Moon Image

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

NASA is supposed to have photographed the entire surface of the moon already, in stereo & Infra Red, in the '60's. These were the original Lunar Imaging satellites and were supposed to be transmitted to hi-speed analogue tape during the Apollo run-up. The tapes exist but there is only one machine on the earth that can retrieve them, the pictures are huge and sequential, which limits their archival value. I recall this from a caption on a photo I saw of this building full of tapes. It looked like an abandoned McDonald's building. Google NASA tapes McD's...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Every time I look at the moon and am able to see in clarity of the impact areas, I can't help but wonder when the next asteroid will hit the earth. One would be foolish to think it won't happen to us, just look at how impact spreads outward. Then I look at how small the meteor was at meteor crater in AZ. and am reminded of how little it would take to wipe us out. Nice picture.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would like to make a request.

If anyone is filming the upcoming search for water moon shot, please if you have the ability make the video available for we daylight observers who will be probably out of luck to record this event, it would be very much appreciated. I know nasa will be broadcasting it but I never seem to be able to get a seat! :>)

Thanks in advance.

Mars or Bust

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have recently purchased a telescope for this viewing, I hope the weather cooperates.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

I'm going to be stuck in daylight too, but I'm giving it a shot anyway with my SLR. I'm not at all confident that my less sensitive electronic eyepiece camera could spot it, but maybe just maybe if I do a before and after and subtract the blue skyglow I'll be able to see something. Sadly this means no video, only stills. If I'm very dedicated maybe a time lapse, but that's it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I'm wishing you the best of luck. You never know, sometimes longshots pay off big.

I'm sure you'll be posting an image if you get lucky.

Wish they had of skeded this a tad earlier!

Good Hunting,

Mob

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Wish you best of luck with your new scope.

You do know that you will cause clouds to appear when you get a new scope ! :>)

Mob

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I ask this as you seam to know a lot about camera's. My wife has a Nikon D50 SLR(I think thats it) WHat lense would I need to take pics like this if its even possible with this camera?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, is that ISS that you have photographed yourself ?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
if we have tech to send telescopes into deep space then why do we not send one to veiw the darkside of the moon or to confirm if nasa really did land there??

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by curious_guy

LRO is doing that just right now, taking pics from the moon and Clementine mission mapped the moon which was launched on 1994. And do you seriously think that space agencies would spend millions of dollars to confirm that, there's still people would say everything is faked
. And who else than NASA would have the interest to do so?

Check these though:

lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov...

you can actually see the landing sites from these (if you believe they are not faked as well that is
..)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
great pic, you don't happen to be holding back a larger version of it do you?

would love to get it if you do,

u2u me, and thank you.

MOB:

Can you email it or U2U it to me also?

A fantastic shot indeed. I fully appreciate your photo.

You know how much I like photography. I also agree about taking moon shots on the coast. If only the weather conditions would cooperate.

Winter time is best for night shots. The skys are usually clearer at that time.

Have you taken any cool star shots?

Thanks

-EyesII

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

Yes it is! For a long time I could never get the tracking right, but I've finally been able to catch my "great white wale."

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There have been images of the far side of the moon available for quite some time.

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

and here

www.dlr.de...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with telescopes and skywatching so I can just imagine, but I bet that's quite a task to be able to track it down and take a picture from it

When I have a chance (that is when I'm going to actually stay on one country since at the moment where I lay my head is home) I'm definitely going to buy equipment for it.

But congrats about your success catching the ISS!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i saw ur image moon pic it's awesome pic. I can see evidence of water on the moon. also here is link www.timesonline.co.uk... Look at picture again same evidence water. it's clear to see. free ur mind see it with your eyes

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

Your link is not working mate, would love to see that pic though

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What are all the lights all over the moon? I have always wondered about this, clearly there are lights everywhere!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
what a beautiful shot!!!

i hope she retains her beauty after a couple of hours here :] i LOVE all of the detail spanned across that great spherical giant that keeps us cozy at night

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join