It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My latest Moon Image

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Do you have an ir filter for your rebel? Ya might get more detail to take an ir pic and overlay it on the regular for color

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

There is a built in ir blocking filter covering the sensor. Its a major modification to the camera to do so. I have a bw and colour meade cameras which will allow for ir use.

Good idea though, but dangerous mod to do.

One other thing I should mention, ir of celestial objects apparently doesn't work well through our atmosphere.

Mob

Edit: added line

[edit on 7/10/09 by marsorbust]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Full sky correction as well as periodic error correction is built into the software.

The software runs in dos by the way. Its also guidable from another computer.

Mel Bartel is a genius around telescope drives.

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Jim,

You have a very nice setup there. My wife would always know where to

find me with a setup like that. Awesome, and awesome pics also.

The bible quote is very appropriate for the subject.

Thanks

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Obscure Perception

Thank-you very much, its not a chore, its a pleasure to share these images.

I have several hobbies, this one is my most satisfying.

Its not cheap, but I've spent money on less important things, the telescopes will still be here long after I'm gone.

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks very much for you kind comments.

Appreciate it very much.

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

I like your take on the moon.

Shows your a thinker.

The world needs lots of thinkers in order to properly understand things.

Thanks for your comments, most welcome indeed.

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's great, I had no idea you could get so close to the moon, I want to buy a telescope now

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ah yes the moon.. so close, yet so far.. we think we know, but what do we realy know about it?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
This photo is just another example of why I don't understand why there has ever been a debate about the colors of the Moon. All you have to do is look up and see these colors with your own eyes. Blues and greens are apparent even to the naked eye viewing the Moon from Earth. Just like in this beautiful picture.

In addition to pictures like this and the ability of anyone on Earth to look up and see colors like this we also have the astronauts themselves often talking about the colors of the Moon.

So seriously, why has there ever been a question when we can just look up and see the colors for ourselves?

I wonder if and how long it will take for somone to try and "debunk" this image, and say it's somehow been altered or faked?

I very much doubt you can see the colours with your eyes simply because your eyes dont see the moon the same same way as a camera be it digital or film as the exposure is timed and film or digital sensors can see things your eyes cant!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Wow! The second shot is beautiful! Looks like there is an atmosphere on the Moon

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Is this the only side of the moon we can see?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just amazingly beautiful our so called dead satellite. You can see some of the history from that I mean it looks as if she has taken some shots. One can really see the colors in this picture don't know if it is the light reflection or what but it is a great shot thanks for that..

ejaylinz

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just a quick replay to those asking about the towers and the craft and such. I know there are some who love to tease and criticize there are always two sides to every story, and I believe you are only looking at one in this picture, if you know what I mean.

ejaylin

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ejaylinz

Hi, could you tell me which side of the story this picture represents?

I am not sure what your meaning is?

Regards,

Mob

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That is for Phage:
I am sorry I haven't thought about the Accretion theory and forgot about the probability of the moon being one of the oldest objects of our solar system.

I also like the idea that it might actually fitting the criteria of it being a planetoid to the same level that Mercury and Venus might be and not really being a moon like most moons we can identify in our solar syetm and that would explain a lot.

Still there are some very interesting and precise celestial mechanics that can be identified both in moon rotation and size versus mercury and also probably in the position and size of Mercury compared to Venus and relative to the sun.

I feel obliged marsorbust, thank you for giving me the opportunity to reflect on these things.

Kind to think of it, it raises more questions than it posts answers.
We are an intelligent race, we found ourselves to be in a middle sized planet capable of harboring life, our historical records hints that our ancestors might have possessed a precise understanding or at least ability for identification of some kind of balance that exists in orbits, sizes and shapes of bodies of our solar system, certainly they showed great interest in celestial mechanics, then we can see we are orbited by a very convenient companion in a very balanced system of mechanics, perhaps the most balanced we could ever hoped we would find in the cosmos, then we have another planet close to us that seems that can be inhabited with no signs of life ideal for us to study and colonize, some of our outer planets in ideal orbits sizes and materials at least enough to protect inner planets (at least earth) from space hazards.

It seems we live in a very interesting neighborhood just by chance and we couldn't help to not look at the stars and not thinking of going out there and discover why everything looks and feels the way it is. It almost feels like we are in some kind of a celestial mechanics school.
What are the odds of all these random chances happening and evolving in precision and balance relative to us and all found in one place, our very own place?

It feels very strange.
Our immediate neighborhood feels like it is governed by precise mathematics that we could certainly use to perform research for anything space related with an astounding precision.

It is mind blowing, and I feel that we can't just let all these wonderful opportunities go to waste and not make our best efforts to go out there and discover what is really going on.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a great shot... moon sized thumbs up.

Are you going to try and snap some pics of the LCROSS rocket. I think it's scheduled for impact on Friday...... morning....? guess it would depend on the time zone.....

You might even see some faint dust activity after impact...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I wish there was a way to be able to acquire a whole map of textures in this coloring style which would seem a bit close to reality (although a bit spiced up because as the OP stated it's during an eclipse but never the less it lends a very nice dramatic feeling to the lighted properties) and apply them to 3d objects in a space simulator program.
It would be wonderful to see moon flybys with such a concept. Still, has not been done yet in any commercial software version I know off.
I have been waiting for something similar for at least 20 years now.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nice photo. Good work.

Here is a link to a story saying they are going to crash some probe unto the Luna. For one thing, if anybody owns the moon and some celestial valet has merely parked it there, the owner will be ticked off when they are finished their dinner. If anybody out there owns it, and want to take out insurance on it, give me a opportunity to quote you a policy.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join