It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House's Botched Photo Op (Labcoat-gate)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

These are tactics that are used by all sides in every situation.... so how is it shameful?

You're kidding me right?,
... it was "transparently" staged

You are kidding right?

Pretty much every organized presidential speech in front of cameras in history has been 'staged'. Another huge shocker, EVERYTHING you see on TV is 'staged'. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Wimbly
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup. Is anyone really surprised at this point?

Not a single one of these major outlets mention anything about the white coats being forced on these so called doctors.

Perhaps because absent an Anti-Everything Obama agenda this triviality of a photo-op doesn't appear relevant to any of the important issues surrounding the healthcare debate?

Would'nt it be wiser to have a conference with a bunch of doctors with their own perspective on what could be changed in healthcare?
If they are all in agreeance, they need not have a voice. Wich is what they should have in this time of such relevance
I thought "The Uniter" was suppose to better than this? This is just the same old song and dance, I am sure you are aware but hate to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So is this common and proper etiquette for white house meetings?

Suppose this was regarding the farming industry, would they hand out rubber boots?

Would an address the the construction industry require attendees to don hard hats and tool belts?

And what should the jobless folks be wearing when they get invited?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You think the videos of jumpy Iraqi children around armed US soldiers are "real" and not staged by Hollywood?

You think Bush liked to hang around 20 African children?

It HAS to be done this way. MISTAKE is NOT AN OPTION.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
To me, this is a non-issue. And I'm not an Obamiac. The good Doctor was my write in. How many Republican Politicians (and a few Dems as well) surround themselves with Cops, Firefighters, Paramedics, etc for their photo ops? I know, because I was in one. I think when the right wingers and all these new so called "libertarians" (alot of whom don't reflect about 90% of Libertarian views) make such a big deal out of such stupid things, ot only hurts you guys more and makes your parties look that much weaker. All this pettiness and irrational phony outrage over every single thing Obama does. Combine that with all the fearmongering and willful ignorance on important issues and it conveys this feeling that your side has no answers for the real problems at hand and have nothing to contribute. On almost every single web article about anything politics, policy, or Obama, it is a non-stop onslaught of insults, named calling, threats, hatred, fear, and on. But I hardly ever see anyone with any kind of coherant thought laying out some alternative ideas for dealing with some of the problems facing us.
If the Republican party ever wants to have any kind of credibility again, they really need to tone it a down. Going berserk because the President was pushing a healthcare issue and wanted doctors to be in their uniform (just like the cops in theirs) for the photo is going to hurt you in the long run when this behavior is pointed out to voters in the next election. Alot of people are going to want to distance themselves from the group only know for it's outbursts.

"Those who occupy their minds with small matters, generally become incapable of greatness."

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What I find hilarious is that people would actually think that doctors would show up in their white coats to a meeting with the president!

That's what your president expected.
They were told by the white house to show up in their white coats.

Just because some people are gullible, that doesn't mean the White House is hiding something.

That sentence makes no sense. Instead of admitting that Obama staged photos in order to mislead Ameirca, you are calling people here gullible because they noticed? Or is it someone else you are calling gullible? Pathetic. :shk: Deflection from Obama's faux-transparency.

Clearly, they didn't intend to hide this. Or pictures wouldn't have been taken of them handing out the coats!

Clearly they screwed up and got caught, yet again, with their pants down.

But it's not like he was trying to hide it or it was "botched, as the OP suggests.

It's the title of the article and it's true. And it's a PR nightmare.

It's more proof of NO TRANSPARENCY and Obama acting like a typical poltiician.

Originally posted by JScytale
I'd also like to point out that its amazing they still have to try to sell "Obama-care" as you label it to congress, being as over 70% of the general population already supports it.

WRONG.

As I stated in the opening post - 2/3 of doctors do NOT support it.
Rasmussen Reports Only 41% of Americans support Obamacare.

Originally posted by guardstarr
No matter what Obama does there are those that will find fault with it.

When he screws up we find fault with it.
It's not our fault he screws up ALL the stink'n time.

Listening to Rush and other media you would think Obama can't do right.

1 - I don't listen to Rush.
2 - Obama usually can't do anything right.

He handed out labcoats.......ooohhhhhh that is sinister.

He tried - yet again - to mislead the voting public.
Yes ... that's sinister. Especially since he campaigned on 'change, hope, unity, transparency'. We have yet to see any of that rhetoric become reality.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
These are tactics that are used by all sides in every situation.... so how is it shameful?

Yes it's used by all sides. It's shameful when they all do it, but it's even more so now because Obama ran on being different. He ran on transparency. He ran on 'no politics as usual'. He lied. And his minions (not you hunkahunka) are making excuses for him acting like a typical politician when he tries to mislead the public.

Originally posted by Chillidog1
If the Republican party ever wants to have any kind of credibility again, they really need to tone it a down.

Bud ... this is about Obama misleading the public with his 'transparency'. How'd you turn this around into blaming the republicans? That's funny.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Haven't you heard the doctors brought the coats and handed them out to any that didn't have any...not the white house.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Hey ya' grover. Check the news article. It's a picture of White House staffers passing out the white coats.

Funny thing is ... not all doctors wear white coats.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They were reporting on the news that the doctors supplied the coats.

Either way it really is not news or a "gate".

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about people who think this is a big news story... It's just so ... unimportant.

The Rose Garden is the stage for photo ops. If the president wanted to hide the fact that he was handing out coats, they wouldn't have been doing it IN the Rose Garden with photographers all around. A second grader could understand that.

The GOP is making a huge deal out of this like it's important and it's just so sad...

Presidential Photo Ops (yes, set-ups) have been happening FOREVER. To act like this is some big news story just shows the desperation of the GOP machine to bring down Obama. As if this is going to have any effect on a populace with even a second grade education.

This was a photo op, not a press conference.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Interesting, political stunts are nothing new... Playing for the gullibility of Americans has worked well for a lot of Presidents.

Remember when Saddam's statue fell in Iraq?

Bush ended the Iraq war in a military uniform on a Navy ship?

Doctors for Obama?

Up next... Prostitutes for ACORN, coming to liberal news outlets soon!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This reminds me of what Nathan's Famous used to do at their original hot dog stand on Coney Island.

He undercut his competition by only charging 5 cents for his hot dogs.

But, so that people wouldn't think there was anything wrong with his cheaper hot dogs, he let doctors eat for free....provided they wore their lab coats or surgical smocks.

I mean, if doctors are supporting it, how can it be wrong?

Right?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I don't know what to think about people who think this is a big news story... It's just so ... unimportant.

You would think that.

1 - It's not being made into a 'big news story'.
It's just a story that is being reported.

2 - It IS important because it's one more drop in the 'Obama is just like the rest' bucket. One more proof, among many, that he is a typical misleading/liar politician. Something he claimed not to be.

The GOP is making a huge deal out of this like it's important and it's just so sad...

1 - The GOP isn't making a 'huge deal' out of it. The press is exposing it.
Every lie and every misleading situation that comes out of DC adds up.
Sweeping them under the rug because the followers of Obama don't want
them to be noticed is just plain wrong.

2 - It is important. Every lie or attempt by any POTUS to mislead is important.

3 - What is 'just so sad' are those that will make excuses for their dear leader no matter what he does.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You would think that.

1 - It's not being made into a 'big news story'.
It's just a story that is being reported.

2 - It IS important because it's one more drop in the 'Obama is just like the rest' bucket. One more proof, among many, that he is a typical misleading/liar politician. Something he claimed not to be.

1 - The GOP isn't making a 'huge deal' out of it. The press is exposing it.
Every lie and every misleading situation that comes out of DC adds up.
Sweeping them under the rug because the followers of Obama don't want
them to be noticed is just plain wrong.

2 - It is important. Every lie or attempt by any POTUS to mislead is important.

3 - What is 'just so sad' are those that will make excuses for their dear leader no matter what he does.

And even sadder is there are those that will cry scandal no matter what he does.

Just admit the truth. You hate him. Period. No matter what he does you will cry foul.
You will not try to look objectively. You will not temper your opinions with even the smallest amount of pragmatism.

Your hatred for him outweighs everything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join