It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House's Botched Photo Op (Labcoat-gate)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by velovetc3v3
Seems of late, that what Obama attempts, falls flat on it' face. May this continue.

You should check the numbers in support of the health-care bill.
Flat on its face? It *will* pass, just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I hate the white coats because I happen to have white coat syndrome so looking at them makes my blood pressure go over the roof.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Obama should be more careful next time.
If he is going to ask the doctors to bring the white lab coats they just might bring the latex gloves too.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

And the swine flu advertisement with them also, darn I forgot that the swine flu vaccine is already here.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by maybereal11

I hate the white coats because I happen to have white coat syndrome so looking at them makes my blood pressure go over the roof.

Yes. If you step back and think about it, it's strange, the white coat doctors wear are for phychological impact rather than utilitarian.

And that physcological impact isn't always good as you point out.

I am trying to imagine if I would take a doctor as seriously if he/she wore sweat pants and a tee-shirt
A business suit? We get used to the roles everyone plays even if it is kinda silly when you step back and think about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This latest Obamacare infomercial reminds me of this use of Doctors in an ad campaign.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup. Is anyone really surprised at this point?

White Coats in the Rose Garden, as Obama Rallies Doctors on Health Overhaul

Obama Rallies Doctors

White House gets doctor house call

Docs Join Obama in Health Care Pitch

Not a single one of these major outlets mention anything about the white coats being forced on these so called doctors.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup. Is anyone really surprised at this point?

Not a single one of these major outlets mention anything about the white coats being forced on these so called doctors.

Perhaps because absent an Anti-Everything Obama agenda this triviality of a photo-op doesn't appear relevant to any of the important issues surrounding the healthcare debate?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Whoa! No matter what Obama does there are those that will find fault with it. Anything this President does is interpreted as something devious, racist, wrong, etc. etc. There are some out there that no matter what he does he is wrong. Listening to Rush and other media you would think Obama can't do right. He handed out labcoats.......ooohhhhhh that is sinister. He supplied a labcoat to a DOCTOR that forgot theirs. That is so underhanded. How can we let him get away with this?! The OP made it sound like they had found out something of great importance that will shake the foundation of our democracy. Oh please.....I swear if Obama rubbed his eye you would interpret it as some ancient Japanese slur. Why don't you all calm down and let the man work and work together for AMERICA. Stop picking the president apart over the lamest things. Sheesh it seems to me you are angry people just itchen for a fight and can't wait to trash Obama for what he does next. Labcoats.......my, my that's funny....labcoats.......when you find something of great importance or a real reason to critisize him then raise the alarm.
Boy...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

White Coats in the Rose Garden, as Obama Rallies Doctors on Health Overhaul

Obama Rallies Doctors

White House gets doctor house call

Docs Join Obama in Health Care Pitch

Forced?

These doctors support Obama already, why would they be "forced?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh for god's sake it doesn't matter what the man does, the people that hate him, do so from the pit of their gut and they would spit at their last breath him.

So he passed out lab coats for a stupid photo op. I suppose he bites the heads off of kittens too.

Hey remember that photo op he set up on New Orleans when all those people drowned with the back hoes and the food trucks that all packed up and left when he did?
Yeah that was the true face of evil.

oh... wait...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

These doctors support Obama already, why would they be "forced?

According to the story, they were told to wear the coats. When Doctors sowed up without coats, they were forced to wear coats the Obama admin provided.

Come on now you guys. If Bush did something like this, the media/Democrats would be all over it. In fact, it did happen quite a few times.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think they'd have to worry too much about a shortage of doctors. Just opened recently in India is....Harvard Medical School!

That's right, it's next to the McDonalds and Walmart training centers. Kidding. There really is a Harvard Med School in India now though. Talk about timing. That was a close one.

Seriously though. harvard's not the only that's branched out there. No, there'll be no shortage of doctors I'm afraid. Harvard Medical International is in 15 countries.

annnnddd....if t all the talk is legit about the swine flu, its vaccine, 2012 predictions etc....what's to worry about anyway?

PG

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is a photoshoot FF. I hardly think people watching a photo op with the president and docters wearing labcoats are going to assume those doctors wear labcoats everywhere they go. I think common sense would lead us to believe it is a photo shoot and those labcoats are for show. Those individuals are real doctors though and Im pritty sure they chose to go to the meeting with Obama because they agree in healthcare reform.

sanityisland.us...

Heres a similar photoshoot with these kids in unifor

Its a photoshoot. The doctors wearing labcoats are obviously doing so for show. Anybody who cant figure that out, its their problem. I doubt Obama is being deceptive because it is common sense those labcoats are part of the shoot.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
sorry, I don't understand... whats bad about this?
They asked doctors to show up in lab coats, and when they didn't, they gave them lab coats to wear... but they are still doctors right?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wish Ron Paul was president... He'll fix the world up.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Doctors wear lab coats for the very reason the coats are named so, to protect their clothes in the lab, or in the office when a three year old throws up on them.
I suspect the color white is, surprisingly, to make it easier to clean. Nurses I know recommend using hydrogen peroxide to get out stains such as blood, ink, food, etc., but continued use will eventually fade colors. White doesn't fade, it's as faded as it's gonna get.
There would be no reason to wear a lab coat in the Rose Garden unless they were going to play a contact football game on the freshly cut grass.
I have no feelings one way or the other about President Obama handing out lab coats, but I would like to think the doctors got to keep them, as high quality lab coats can run a few bucks, and it would be a nice souvenir.

Edit: syntax

[edit on 6-10-2009 by TheCounselor]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by MysterE
I wonder how many of them weren't even doctors, just some lobbiest in a white coat.

I'd also like to point out that its amazing they still have to try to sell "Obama-care" as you label it to congress, being as over 70% of the general population already supports it. That alone speaks to how flawed representation can be, but ti is certainly a better system than most.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by JScytale]

Where did you get that 70% number? Just curious, since all the latest polls show a majority of Americans DO NOT support it.

Is that the latest number the White house is throwing out? Funny how polls like Rassmussen are quoted and trusted by the left when the numbers support the agenda, but ignored when they don't.

Most Americans do not want Government Health Care. That is the answer to why "its amazing they still have to try to sell "Obama-care" to congress".

This little photo-op is part of the sell-job. And, like most things Obama has done, everyone saw right through it.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by loki41872]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
That would be hilarious if it wasn't so down right shameful. I wonder how many of them weren't even doctors, just some lobbiest in a white coat.

-E-

First off... speculating that they weren't doctors is just that speculation...

Secondly, what's the problem with using common iconography?

These are tactics that are used by all sides in every situation.... so how is it shameful?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

These are tactics that are used by all sides in every situation.... so how is it shameful?

You're kidding me right?,
... it was "transparently" staged

<< 1    3 >>

join