It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and Atheists Agree! Doesn’t the GOLDEN RULE really work? Even if there is a Satan!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

Sorry friend, bit a tad distracted....I'll review asap..thank you!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well said mate

Regardless of what we believe, we should all respect one anothers perspective on life

sorry you left oz...pls check back soon, ok?

OT

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That is 13th hour religious conversion, I would research your source, yes. Remember, MC Hammer only "found" Jesus and joined the 700 Club after he fell from grace/fame. It happens to everyone. Hit rock bottom, turn to a book and fairy tales, otherwise depression and sadness rule...a natural defense mechanism

(plucknoonez)

yea right, more generalization maybee? hm.. don't let the girl with the tasty lips in your image fool you.

I " found God " when I was happy and I didn't hit rock bottom. here's the differnece. I searched because I simply while others were out on friday nights partying wasting their cells on drugs, I looked for deeper things, and was attracted to Jesus innocence.

and so that whole paragraph is a massive generalization thats just not true.

a denense mechansim is a denial of something they fear so they lash out with either lies or abusrd statements.

hitting rock bottom and looking for something, could be a good humbling lesson and a good learning tool, it has nothing to do with a defense mechanism.

again.. I don't get some of these statements in here.

anyways bless you noonez...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
" 40 is the new 30 "

hahahah brett Favre, you got that from monday night football??!

No 40 is 40, means you're mad old.

like me. I'm near 30. I'm getting super old.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
" 40 is the new 30 "

hahahah brett Favre, you got that from monday night football??!

No 40 is 40, means you're mad old.

like me. I'm near 30. I'm getting super old.

I'm a woman and I hate football, lol. People mistake me for being in my mid thirties so I'm going to stick with "40 is the new 30". Yeah, when I was in my 20's I thought 40 was ancient, too.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
well let me tell you sweetie. My mom is 48 and looks like a 28 year old. I look like a 15 year old boy.

We got young faces. So, I guess you might be right . take care of yourslef and your body and heres to a long healthy life!

good positive attitude.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The golden rule is the law of the prophets. To live by the golden rule is to believe for the very works sake in the words of Jesus.

John 14

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

This is further proof that it is more about following the path and example of Jesus, than it is about believing his the son of god, died for your sins and so forth.

Because he is saying - even if you do not believe god is in him, you can still understand and believe for the works sake. You can still understand why the way he is showing men to live and treat each other is right/true.

And if someone follows that, then they are walking the path. And the ones who walk that path have hearts closer to him(regardless of religion) than those who yell the name of Jesus in the streets, but do not walk the path.

It's easy for one to come to their own understanding of this. All you have to do is look out into the world honestly. Look at how men treat each other. Now ask yourself - how would men truly need to act towards one another in order for it to be a peaceful/heavenly society. Will these people be warring with each other over differences? Or will they give each other the freedoms they themselves want? AKA treating each other as you want to be treated, loving one another as yourself and so forth.

And as you do that, the commandments will pop up right into your head. Do not kill, do not steal, do not lie and so forth. And now you have the understanding and reason behind them. All these things are based on not infringing on the free will of others. As you give freedom to others, you yourself gain it. And the truth sets you free.

If you love something, then you set it free.

Anyone can believe for the works sake. And as that is what anyone can do, it is also the minimum that all should do.

Btw, it was by looking for this stuff that I found the father. I was not looking for "Jesus", far from it. But I was looking for truth, the way(above) and the path. I looked out into the world and I could see the corruption and scams of society. The evil and so forth. And I didn't like it at all. And so I started to ask these questions. From that, one thing lead to another. Why is it like this, why am I experiencing this, what am I to experience this and so forth. I didn't realize it at the time, but now I realize I was literally searching for the truth, the light and the way.

So, it's really just a matter of taking an honest look into the world and how all people need to treat each other, and then being that change yourself.

These understandings are universal and are a basis of all societies - if only the illusion of it.

Good thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

And you have to open this a topic like this to entertain the ignorant??

It should be known to all Christians(and apparently, Atheists too), and it's up to them whether they put it into practice... And they will be held accountable for what they do.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
reply to post by OldThinker

And you have to open this a topic like this to entertain the ignorant??

It should be known to all Christians(and apparently, Atheists too), and it's up to them whether they put it into practice... And they will be held accountable for what they do.

Perhaps I'm interpreting your post wrong but there aren't a ton of replies in this thread, and none that I've read thus far have been ignorant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join