It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Coats in the Rose Garden, as Obama Rallies Doctors on Health Overhaul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
nytimes.com

President Obama, seeking to pitch his plan for a health care overhaul as the Senate Finance Committee moves toward a critical vote, invited a group of white-coated doctors to the Rose Garden on Monday, telling them that “nobody has more credibility with the American people on this issue than you do.’’

In brief remarks to the doctors – all of whom support Mr. Obama’s plan and have vowed to fan out in their home states to advocate for it – the president sought to make the case that reforming the health care system would benefit the medical profession as much as patients.

He said the bills moving through Congress would streamline paperwork and let doctors spend more time caring for patients and less time haggling with insurance companies. Mr. Obama drew especially hearty applause when he said that the reforms would include “loan forgiveness for primary care physicians’’ who agree to work in rural or underserved areas.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My doctors all support the health insurance overhaul. They all work with Medicare and Medicaid patients as well as those with private insurance. Today one of my doctors spoke of her concern for patients who make just a little--$50 or $100 a month--over the maximum income allowable for government benefits. The extra few dollars aren't enough to pay for medical insurance or doctors or medicine, and there is currently no other assistance available to them in our state. Consequently there is a large pool of uninsured patients in our area.

IMO it's a false assumption that many doctors do not support health care coverage for everyone.

Those who want only the patients with big bucks can continue to serve them only. Health insurance reform won't dictate who doctors must see. It will, however, increase the number of patients who will need medical services.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Did anyone question these so-called doctors about anti-doctor statements from Mr. Obama?

How do they feel about being accused of ripping out tonsils, or amputation for extra dollars?

Once again the drive-by media refuses to ask to obvious questions.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I would assume ANYBODY would object to ripping out tonsils or performing amputations for extra dollars.

Responsible and humanitarian doctors would naturally condemn such practices, so I doubt they would disagree with the criticism of those among them who would do such things.

I have never heard Obama speak of these things, but if they have happened then they are to be deplored. I know my doctor would agree.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought it was a pretty neat thing to do - to gather Drs. and nurses for a meeting about health care. Hopefully, they can have an impact. But it was PR brilliance.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So I think I prefer to believe Doctors and Nurses when it comes to health care; rather than Insurance salesmen and HMO reps.

Duh..........

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

President Obama has insulted physicians many times in speeches over
the Spring & Summer of this year. That's one reason why I don't
understand how any of the reputable doctors can support 100% of
what he wants from healthcare reform. It surprised the heck out
me to learn that the AMA was for ObamaCare, complete with the
paycut and extra patient load that his Public Option would bring.
But then I found out that only 18% of the physicians in this country
are a member of the AMA...which makes it much weaker with policy
influence than most people think it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

WASHINGTON -- President Obama yesterday rolled out the red carpet -- and handed out doctors' white coats as well, just so nobody missed his hard-sell health-care message.

In a heavy-handed attempt at reviving support for health-care reform, the White House orchestrated a massive photo op to buttress its claim that front-line physicians support Obama.

How many Doctors do you know that always have their white coats with them? Also where did the White House get all these extra white coats?

This is almost as embarrassing as Mr. Obama losing the Olympic bid.....no wait....losing the Olympics was much more embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup. Is anyone really surprised at this point?

White Coats in the Rose Garden, as Obama Rallies Doctors on Health Overhaul

Obama Rallies Doctors

White House gets doctor house call

Docs Join Obama in Health Care Pitch

Not a single one of these major outlets mention anything about the white coats being forced on these so called doctors.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup.

Is that why they handed out the coats IN THE ROSE GARDEN? And why Obama mentioned it in his speech?

The only disgrace here is that people though he was trying to do this on the sly. He's a brilliant man. He's not going to try to pass this off on the public, no matter how dumb they are.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
The Obama media is ignoring that fact it was a setup. Is anyone really surprised at this point?

Yes, it was a P.R. event. Nobody at the White House was pretending it was anything else. This may surprise a lot of people on ATS, but presidents are allowed to rally support for legislation they want to see get passed. ALL presidents have done it

Not a single one of these major outlets mention anything about the white coats being forced on these so called doctors.

Maybe because the doctors weren't "forced" to wear their white coats. I am looking for more evidence that white coats were being passed out in the Rose Garden. It seems more likely they were just asked to wear their whites because they were going to be photographed.

It is understood that the doctors attending were in favor of Obama's health insurance reform. If I were a doctor I'd wear my white coat too, if it would help.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is a message here and I think we need to take a look at the symbolism.

*Incident in a Rose Garden (and the Dance Macabre)

*Ring around the Rosie (reference to plague)

* The rose is a symbol of secrecy. The term "sub rosa" meaning "under the rose" means confidentality or secrecy.

*The rose is an important symbol in 18th degree Knight of the Rose Croix.

Wonder just how many hospital directors and key staff could be associated with organizations of secrecy?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AletheaWonder just how many hospital directors and key staff could be associated with organizations of secrecy?

Not many, who has the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am in the Heathcare field and have not talked to one person who is against healthcare reform, most support single payer in fact, they feel it is long overdue.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Originally posted by AletheaWonder just how many hospital directors and key staff could be associated with organizations of secrecy?

Not many, who has the time.

Scroll to bottom of page...

www.scottishrite.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

White House Rose Garden

A link to a Wiki article on the White House Rose Garden. It was apparently established by the wife of Woodrow Wilson in 1913 and has been there ever since.

It is generally used for formal or ceremonial purposes.

I guess you might try to tie all the presidents since then to the Rose Croix (Rosicrucians) but I think that would be hard to prove.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I am looking for more evidence that white coats were being passed out in the Rose Garden.

Look no further.

NY Post

I don't think the doctors were told to bring their own lab coats. I just don't believe much of what I read anymore. I think it was planned to have the photo op in the Rose Garden. ALL Rose Garden events are Photo Ops and the White House knows that. Handing out the coats was part of the Op. If they wanted to hide it... they would have.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think the doctors were told to bring their own lab coats. I just don't believe much of what I read anymore.

According to the article you posted:

The physicians, all invited guests, were told to bring their white lab coats to make sure that TV cameras captured the image.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The New York Post has never favored Obama, so there would be no particular reason for them to hedge on this.

But I think most people's point in bringing up the lab coats was to emphasize that the event was staged. I agree that it was.

That doesn't mean the people who attended weren't in favor of health care reform. I think they wouldn't have showed up unless they wanted to lend their support to the president.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
The New York Post has never favored Obama, so there would be no particular reason for them to hedge on this.

Oh, I know what it says. I'm just not sure I believe it.
The reason they would hedge on it is to make Obama "look bad".

But I think most people's point in bringing up the lab coats was to emphasize that the event was staged. I agree that it was.

Yes, I do, too. I think every event in the Rose Garden is staged. Isn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, I think all the focus on the lab coats is just a way to skirt the main issue -- which is that there are many doctors in this country who support health care reform. How they were dressed is kind of a tangent.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, it's deflection because the photo op was successful and that's scary for some.

(I heard Steve Doocy (sp?) of FOX News say it was a "photo optic")
But they had a video of the lady handing out coats. I tell you, if the White House meant to hide it, they wouldn't have been doing it in the Rose Garden with photographers all around.

It's just another scheme to try to make Obama look bad at every opportunity (take note, Doocy. It's "Photo Opportunity", not "photo optic") But if Obama's opponents want to go after these manufactured and petty trivialities, what can be said? That's what they do best.

top topics

join