It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you fear the swine flu, you are mistaken (first hand account)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have made a few posts here to report the incident of my son being hospitalized with H1N1. Those posts were completely ignored and lost among the hum of Chicken Little conspiracy theorists that seem to only want to discuss the horrors of their imaginations.

A little background: my oldest son is a healthy 11 year old. He stands about 5'9" and weighs around 260. If he wanted to, he could run his school, but he is not violent and really likes to have a good time and be friendly.

He has some pretty bad sinus issues, due to a tooth that has grown into his sinuses. We have surgery planned to remove it, but you could say he is "comprimised" to a small degree due to this (he has a hard time breathing through his nose as it is, with cold/flu it is more difficult).

He was released from the hospital 1 week ago today. He was admitted at 10am on the previous Friday. He had told us on Wed night that he wanted a breathing treatment (the machine is mine...bad mold allergies and i learned my lesson about seasonal Type A flu the hard way), so we gave him a breathing treatment. Still had to fight to get him into bed.

the next morning he could not get up out of bed and was running a 102.7 fever. We broke the fever with 400mg motrin and 500mg tylenol (wife is a nurse), gave him another breathing treatment, and tried to force fluids. Thursday night he took his first dose of Mucinex. Standard operating procedure in our house for flu: motrin/tylenol cocktails, mucinex, breathing treatments, cough suppression for sleep.

Friday AM we took him to his doctor. He passed out in the doctors office. We aren't sure why. His blood O2 was low (88), but that didn't cause him to pass out. They put him in the hospital, started him on 3% O2 and Tamiflu. Intermittent fever that would come out of nowhere and then leave suddenly after a couple of hours (the doctor wanted him to run a low grade temp, so they limited his tylenol).

Saturday AM he was feeling much better. Could keep his blood O2 above 90, in the 92 range. Doctor kept him one more day. No fever.

Sunday he was full of piss and vinegar. The doc kept him 1 more day just to make us miserable, i think. But we went along with him and my boy stayed one more night.

Almost every kid in my town has had it, or has it. None have died (we have about 30k people here, plus another 20k in the county on farms and suburbs). I can see how it could kill some who are weaker, or the rarity where someone is just overcome by the illness inexplicably. Most have an illness that last about 5 days tops, brings a fever that comes and goes, severely reduced lung function with minimal congestion (low risk for pneumonia, high risk for respiratory arrest), and the first 2-3 days will be full of the "victim" sleeping almost constantly. Get medical help, for sure, and do it early. This is what our local doctors are describing and recommending....and they have yet to lose a patient (my son ended up missing only 3 days of school).

Swine flu is not going to kill thousands. There is no conspiracy. My wife and i were both exposed to the Nth degree, and did not contract it. It seems that a majority of adults are immune due to the swine flu in the 1970's. Tamiflu kicks the crap out of it, so i would expect the casualties to be minimal.

If this is a weapon, the creator is the worst bioweapons scientist imaginable.

The sky is not falling. Please, for the love of Pete, stand down. It is another Y2K, and when it is all said and done you are going to be left wondering why you wasted so much time diverting yourself with this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a little additional info: my oldest son got a mild sniffle and two days of a mild cough. Three neices have gotten it and 1 was hospitalized (she has a heart defect as well, so we wanted to be extra careful with her). 1 nephew was sick for about 5 days, and is already back at football practice.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
jesus, I'm 22 , 5"6 and 155 pounds

second line.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta

second line.

when i was 22 i was 6'3" and weighed 330. I was just out of college, where i played football.

He comes by it honestly.
We don't run fast, but we can throw heavy things really far.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hava good vaccine dinner then ..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

A little background: my oldest son is a healthy 11 year old. He stands about 5'9" and weighs around 260. If he wanted to, he could run his school, but he is not violent and really likes to have a good time and be friendly.

260 pounds? I don't want to sound rude, but that doesn't sound healthy. Maybe you mint 160. 260 pounds is fine for someone 6' 9", but a little over board for 5' 9" I'm 5' 5" and a few years older than that (yes, I'm still a child, but please, respect me as you would if you didn't know my age.) I way 110

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the update BFFT. It's nice to hear someones experience 1st hand, bonus points for you trying to put everyone's mind at ease.

The doom and gloom is getting old, and I'm tired of the "what if's?"

Glad to hear that your family is all doing healthy and well.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So, a vaccine probably wouldn't be necessarry, then, would it?

I'm way more worried about all the rumors of mandatory vacciniation than actually contracting the illness. I didn't get SARS, avian flu or even madcow disease so I figure my immune system must be OK.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Day 6 of the availability of swine flu vaccine here in Oz.

Could someone please educate me as to why we're seeing NO reported side effects (small or large) ... virtually no media attention to the vaccine ... no governmental heavy handedness ... no military mobilizations to force the entire population into taking the vaccine ?
In fact, any less low key and it would be a complete non event ... or is that another facet of the conspiracy ?

Personally, I agree that the mandatory mass population conspiracy is a complete and total fabrication and deliberately blown complete out of proportion.

But I guess it gave some ATS members something to fantasize about and raise and manipulate the paranoia and hysterics levels for many months.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not a chicken little, but the H1NI does acta a little different from norm (not in a bio-weapon sort of way, just bad natural mutation). Also, are you sure he had the swine flu and not normal flu? I ask because some people have a good immune system. I never get the flu but get colds pretty bad sometimes.

As an aside.. wow, you've got a helluva footbal player if he's that size and as healthy as you say.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

260 pounds? I don't want to sound rude, but that doesn't sound healthy. Maybe you mint 160. 260 pounds is fine for someone 6' 9", but a little over board for 5' 9" I'm 5' 5" and a few years older than that (yes, I'm still a child, but please, respect me as you would if you didn't know my age.) I way 110

He is about the same size as i was for his age...but a little taller. I went on to be an all state football player, and lift weights against Mark Henry (the wrestler) in the Texas state powerlifting meet (i was 2 time regional champion).

With his mom being a nurse, we are fully versed in all his health matters. I appreciate your concern.
When he comes home from his tennis practice I will ensure that he is doing ok.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by barrelmaker
Not a chicken little, but the H1NI does acta a little different from norm (not in a bio-weapon sort of way, just bad natural mutation). Also, are you sure he had the swine flu and not normal flu? I ask because some people have a good immune system. I never get the flu but get colds pretty bad sometimes.

As an aside.. wow, you've got a helluva footbal player if he's that size and as healthy as you say.

Initally the doctor would only commit to saying "Type A Flu", until the mouth swabs came back. Our local lab isn't the best, but they did state that it tested H1N1 positive (among many others in the West Texas area...it isn't just here, but in all of West Texas).

We breed our kids for football out here. It is part of our culture. If he wants to play, that is. He really likes tennis and is extremely good (his older brother is much smaller and is currently the top player on the local varsity team).

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta

When I was 11 I was the tallest kid in school at 5'9", but then again, I only weighed 117lbs until I hit my mid-30s and finally gained weight from old fashioned beer drinking.

To the OP, I'm glad to hear that your son came out of it with a clean bill of health. That is wonderful news.

As far as everyone being worried about H1N1, most everyone realizes that it is only those with pre-existing immune-deficiency disorders, the pregnant, and children under 18 months of age that have yet to fully develop their immune system (especially if they were bottle fed instead of breast fed) that have anything to worry from H1N1.

However, that's where the Conspiracy part comes into play. World+Dog realizes this is less dangerous than the common Type A or Type B Influenza. So, just why does the MSM and the world's Governments and Health Organizations play this up with so much hysteria? Why are they trying so hard to push widespread Vaccinations using untested Vaccines?

I don't think many ATSers fear H1N1. Most ATSers fear the Vaccination and the risk of it's side effects (including the lethal, paralyzing neurological disease called Guillain-Barré Syndrome or GBS).

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here in Oz, the vaccine is free and they are advising people with chronic respiratory conditions, the elderly, babies and children to get it.

I have had a flu shot every year for over 12 years because of my chronic respiratory condition plus a pneumonia shot. No side effects to them and I did not get the flu or pneumonia?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

He is about the same size as i was for his age...but a little taller. I went on to be an all state football player, and lift weights against Mark Henry (the wrestler) in the Texas state powerlifting meet (i was 2 time regional champion).

With his mom being a nurse, we are fully versed in all his health matters. I appreciate your concern.
When he comes home from his tennis practice I will ensure that he is doing ok.

Never mind then, didn't realize the background. I really hope I didn't sound offensive, at first 260 pounds is like WOW, if you don't know much more.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If this is a weapon, the creator is the worst bioweapons scientist imaginable.

i dont believe it to be intended as a weapon as much as it is a way for them to make money off the fear mongering that is taking place, or maybe a weapon in the form of gaining control, which they have with the new laws and policies that have been put in place due to the fear mongering of the swine flu

it seems just like 911

blow up the towers, cause mass fear and confusion, gain control

infect people with a small illness, cause mass fear and confusion, gain control

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
nevermind...post removed.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Lol. I'm big aren't I

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

nevermind...post removed.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]
Why was the post removed?

new topics

top topics

join